Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2009, 05:01 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,346,743 times

Advertisements

We are not talking about slutty girls who want to impress some random guys. We are talking about Actual people who are homosexual. Not attention seekers. I appreciate your willingness to accept those that are different, even though the bible says not to and says to condemn them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 05:12 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,602,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't care if homosexuals sleep with a snake, I'm completely open minded about sexuality, and people can do whatever makes them feel good, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else.

You, on the other hand, seem to think that homosexuality is bad.
Oh really? Provide me a quote where I've said that, or just admit that you're making up crap again.

Thanks for admitting what you're doing!

Old 08-24-2009, 05:59 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,324,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Oh really? Provide me a quote where I've said that, or just admit that you're making up crap again.

"Well... I've seen animals of the same species kill and eat each other too - but I don't put much stock in that regarding what people should or shouldn't do."

In another post about homosexuality.

This is just one of the MANY things you have said that shows you are overtly against homosexuality.

Answer this, Do you believe that homosexuality is ok? Do you think it hurts other people? Do you support gay marriage?

If the answer is No to the first and the last, please explain why you don't. We'll get right to the bottom of your agenda.

My agenda is about equal rights, and freedom to do anything you want, that doesn't hurt anyone.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:

Okay then if you dont think homosexuality is bad, then why do you post the things you do. This is not a debate about just religion. If you have nothing to contribute to the issue at hand then please leave us to discuss what this thread is actually about.

If you cannot answer the Original question or support homosexual marriage, then no more is needed for you to say.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
freedom to do anything you want, that doesn't hurt anyone.
That would be a great society. Maybe one day when we get rid of the democracy and social identifiers we can achieve this.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:53 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,401,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by militarymom View Post
Im a christian, I believe in God. I also believe that God loves us all and its not up to me to judge soooo....I won't. If my sons grow up and they happen to be Gay Im fine with that. I want them to be happy and find love. I simply don't find homosexuals any sort of threat to my marriage at all.
I'll be honest I DON'T enjoy all the popularity that is today when it comes to threesomes and girls kissing girls and homosexual behaviors for popularity and attention. You see alot of young women today thinking this is "hot". That is irritating to me. Its very obvious when it's attention-seeking behaviors to get male attention (women and women) and when its clearly a love situation.
There is a huge difference between "biological sex" and homosexuality/bi-sexuality.

Legitimate mental health professionals seperate the two, and it's something that tends to get lost in this debate.

Someone merely out to impress, or just to get their jollies, isn't going to go through the time and trouble of getting married to someone of the same gender.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:57 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,401,815 times
Quote:
Grow up.

It's truly amazing, and amusing, how bent out of shape people like you become when you're called out for your relentless little displays of bigotry and hatred. Are you jtur88's alter ego?
Your continuing attempt to degrade people's arguments and points by assigning some imagined anger have been noted, and dismissed as well.

Every ligitimate point brought up you fail to address, you merely respond with your "hatred" remarks. Not exactly an effective debate tool.

And when someone (the Church for example) displays nothing but unfounded bigotry, as in the discrimination of the GLBT community, responding to that bigotry is NOT bigotry.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
"Well... I've seen animals of the same species kill and eat each other too - but I don't put much stock in that regarding what people should or shouldn't do."

In another post about homosexuality.

This is just one of the MANY things you have said that shows you are overtly against homosexuality.

Answer this, Do you believe that homosexuality is ok? Do you think it hurts other people? Do you support gay marriage?

If the answer is No to the first and the last, please explain why you don't. We'll get right to the bottom of your agenda.

My agenda is about equal rights, and freedom to do anything you want, that doesn't hurt anyone.
You have a serious problem with lying. You also have a serious problem with pulling something out of context in order to make it "kind of" look like it supports your lie.

That's one of the MANY things I've overtly said? You mean all those things I've OVERTLY said that you cannot find?

You have a serious, serious problem with lying.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Okay then if you dont think homosexuality is bad, then why do you post the things you do. This is not a debate about just religion. If you have nothing to contribute to the issue at hand then please leave us to discuss what this thread is actually about.

If you cannot answer the Original question or support homosexual marriage, then no more is needed for you to say.
What I have been saying all along is that you people are denying others the very things you demand.

Why do you care if somebody leaves homosexuality for heterosexuality - any more than you should care if somebody leaves heterosexuality for homosexuality?

I am consistently and relentlessly calling out YOUR hypocrisy and duplicity! And what's very obvious is that you cannot handle it.

So... If I were to be like a typical atheist, what I should probably do is broad-brush and say that it's obvious that atheists are liars, hypocrites and people who demand of others the very things they won't extend.

Now, why don't you be a good boy and provide me all these quotes, where I've said homosexuality is wrong, or evil, or whatever else it is that you dishonestly claim I'm saying.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Your continuing attempt to degrade people's arguments and points by assigning some imagined anger have been noted, and dismissed as well.

Every ligitimate point brought up you fail to address, you merely respond with your "hatred" remarks. Not exactly an effective debate tool.

And when someone (the Church for example) displays nothing but unfounded bigotry, as in the discrimination of the GLBT community, responding to that bigotry is NOT bigotry.
I have consistently asked you something you REFUSE to answer - you and every other atheist...

Why do you refuse to extend the same decency to homosexuals who want to become heterosexuals, that you demand be given to people leaving hetorersexuality for homosexuality?

Why do you care if somebody leaves homosexuality? What does it do to you? How does it hurt you?

Leave them alone, quit abusing them, quit telling them they cannot do what they want to do. Let them do what they want. Let them be happy.

You people are INCREDIBLY hypocritical!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates