Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 09:21 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
why the hell not? hetero sexuality is the norm, so to speak.
on the other hand, i don't engage in public behavior that screams "hetero". whereas plenty of homosexuals seem to feel the need to make sure everyone around them knows their orientation
You guys realize that the ones that participate in pride parades are just a small handful of the homosexual community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 09:23 PM

742 posts, read 1,228,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
You guys realize that the ones that participate in pride parades are just a small handful of the homosexual community.
im not even talking about parades

Old 08-28-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
im not even talking about parades
If you are talking about their mannerisms how is it any different than a jock(jerk) displaies his manners or a cheerleader, or a pastor. We all belong to one group or another, we all have basic mannerisms that tell people what group(s) we belong to. Some are subtle and some are not. I guarentee you that you could not tell who most homosexuals are, they act just like anyone else, all that is differnet is their sexual preferances.

They are no different from you , me or anyone else. The only thing that sets us apart is sexuality. Why must we make a big deal about this, Who cares what sex someone is attracted to? As long as you are not out there having sex with animals or underage kids, who give a rats left nut? Are you hurting anyone?

The answer to this question and the orginal one I posted for this thread is simply, NO! Homosexuals are hurting no one by being homosexual, or for wanting to be allowed the same marital rights as anyone else. No harm will come from it, well except for the biggots who attack peacful homosexuals. The only ones being hurt in this situation is the Gay community. Allowing people to be gay are persue what ever sexual preferance they choose(being that it is human to human and legal age) will not hurt religions, it wont hurt kids, it wont hurt the family core, it wont hurt the meaning of marriage and make it bad. The only thing I can see it leading to is thousands of parties country wide celebrating equal rights, there will be weddings, receptions, honeymoons, and all that stuff that occurs when two people marry...wait a minute...all of those things cost alot of money, they will have to buy things, and the businesses will have to hire people to assist them, hours will go up, jobs will increase, people will be spending money again and who knows it might just be enough to sqeeze us out of this awful recession that our government has made sure we have. I have not seen one good effort made by our government to make things better. Why, because their brains are taxed by their wallets and luxuries they get from our suffering.

I say, let the Gay be gay, let them marry and have all the benefits/headache that come with it. leave people alone already in general, go about your day and dont worry what others are doing as long as it does not harm you or anyone else directly. Just let it rest, the world will be a better place for it.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:00 PM

lol are you comparing flamboyant homosexuality with being a jock???

Old 08-28-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
lol are you comparing flamboyant homosexuality with being a jock???
And to that of a pastor...or other religious leader. Not all jocks are dicks and portray a ego the size of Alaska. Just as not all religious leaders are extremists in their beliefs. And as you should know not all homosexuals are flamboyant. Just as not everyone is flamboyant in their mannerisms that fit the group they belong to.

And who cares if they are? how is a homosexual any different than a heterosexual who is flamboyant, you do know that heterosexuals can be flamboyant dont you? Or do you not go outside much, or go to the bars and clubs?

So I ask you again, what harm are they causing you or anyone else?

Old 08-28-2009, 11:28 PM

i dont think BEING gay hurts anyone
however that poster complained that heteros paraded around all the time, and my point is they are the natural state of things, so it makes sense that they would "parade" themselves

Old 08-28-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post

And who cares if they are? how is a homosexual any different than a heterosexual who is flamboyant, you do know that heterosexuals can be flamboyant dont you?
if homosexuals really want acceptance then they should reconsider shoving it in peoples faces.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:25 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
if homosexuals really want acceptance then they should reconsider shoving it in peoples faces.
You mean like holding hands, making out in public, walking arm in arm...all the things that hetero's do?

Old 08-29-2009, 05:55 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
I can't wrap my mind around homosexuality, and I have to say it makes me somewhat uncomfortable. The only "harm" that could occur would be an advance from someone of my own sex. I mean, I'm uncomfortable enough with the thought, I can only imagine what kind of leper I'd treat them like if one made an unwelcome advance (and, being straight, they're ALL unwelcome).

That being said, I see nothing wrong with them marrying each other. Doesn't affect me any, can't see it from my house.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:56 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You mean like holding hands, making out in public, walking arm in arm...all the things that hetero's do?
Yeah, uh, I don't do any of that stuff either. No PDA's for me, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates