U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-31-2009, 08:04 PM

2,519 posts, read 5,542,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I don't know how many are botched, but if you think about it, one is too many. It can't be reversed or fixed. It's not like a bad boob job. It's the boy's penis, ouch. It's basically botched cosmetic surgery on a newborn. That sounds lovely, doesn't it?

And to the previous poster, um, hello, it's a debate board about topics that are heavily debated. I just happen to be anti-circ, not a crazy militant. I don't think it's right and I like to be an advocate for the voiceless, like children and animals. If I can deter one person from circumcising their baby, then that's great. So be free to lob off the end of your boy's penis if you want, but I think that he should be able to decide when he's of age. That should be his right.
Well, yes, & No, understandably one would think that, but, the older a male gets, the longer it takes to heal, a baby will heal in a few days, a grown man, two weeks, and its very uncomfortable, especially if you get aroused during that time. (of healing)
To say that one shouldn't have a circumcision because there may be a "botched" surgery, well, then better not have brain surgery or heart surgery, or put in a pace-maker for that argument. The prospect of one of those surgeries going bad is far more possible than a circumcision.

There are health reasons for circumcisions, and I don't know which pediatricians you been dealing with, but when you become an adult, then you need to deal with adult doctors, so maybe the fact that pediatricians don't see grown people then they don't follow up on their patients after they turn 16, is why they don't have any information about what goes on after that. After all, they are Pediatricians! Adults engage in sexual activity, and no matter how safe, clean, and careful one is, zippers get caught, teeth sometimes "accidentally" bite in the wrong place, and that little bit of skin gets torn. The older a person gets, the less flexible it is, and once its torn, it heals, but scar tissue doesn't stretch like regular foreskin, and then it breaks again, starting that same old healing cycle over again.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:00 PM

242 posts, read 306,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I prefer my men circumcised.

I agree that it's the parents' choice to make, not outsiders.

Maybe it is better for promiscuous dirty people but for people who bath and actually have values and morals it does not matter.It is promoted in the old testament, maybe you should try reading it.Or is it too confusing and hard for you? in other words, it should not really matter and it is done out of of vanity, something you know about.It is also an easy way for 'doctors' to make some extra money.keep believing that hype fool.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:06 PM

242 posts, read 306,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Well those that are against circumcision seem to also use as one of their reasons that having a foreskin is how men were designed (by god), so it shouldn't be messed with. And part of the anti-abortion crowd's view is that each conception is some special gift from god.

It's just a personal preference as to what kind of man I want to be intimate with. I find an uncut man not very appealing down there. Just as some men have their preferences as to a woman's breast size or body shape.

Of course, I don't have any problems with being platonic friends with an uncut man, I just don't want to sleep with one.

You are a great reason to believe in God.And i dont find people like you in the least bit 'appealing'

Old 09-17-2009, 11:14 PM

2,242 posts, read 4,086,592 times
Owned.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:14 AM
miu

13,011 posts, read 22,166,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No attitude View Post
You are a great reason to believe in God.And i dont find people like you in the least bit 'appealing'
^^^

This post makes absolutely no sense at all. If you are overly religious, then we obviously would not get along as friends, let alone as a potential boyfriend or spouse. And if you are uncut, then I find you additionally "unappealing" as a potential mate... so it's a wash.

I don't get what the big deal is about being cut or even uncut. Or being religious or an atheist. There are plenty of all kinds of people out there, and we can't be friends with everyone, let alone date every person of the opposite sex. I'll take quality relationships over quantity any time.

<--- Not owned.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:38 AM

316 posts, read 454,794 times
Yes, the organ is there for more things then just pleasure. But ask any guy and he will tell you, when he thinks of his tool, he thinks of it as a sexual thing. With that in mind, most Western women prefer the sight of a circumcised organ, then one that is not. I've read surveys done on it. You're also far more likely to have the lovely lady do certain "acts" if your circumcised then if not.

And if you ask the average guy, that is really all that matters.....how much am I getting. If being circumcised gives the average guy a wee bit better chance at getting some, he will take those odds.

There is no right answer here. Its a preference and that is it. Call it plastic surgery, call it odor control, call it beautification of the penis, compare it to a woman having a breast implant, it does not matter. Fact is, in the modern world, in the west, most women prefer their guys to be circumcised. So, most parents gets it done.

If you don't believe this, do some google searches. There are lots of articles about surveys done. Most American women prefer to look of circumcision over non.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:47 AM

8,293 posts, read 14,285,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No attitude View Post
Maybe it is better for promiscuous dirty people but for people who bath and actually have values and morals it does not matter.It is promoted in the old testament, maybe you should try reading it.Or is it too confusing and hard for you? in other words, it should not really matter and it is done out of of vanity, something you know about.It is also an easy way for 'doctors' to make some extra money.keep believing that hype fool.
Wow. Thanks for adding SO MUCH to the discussion.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:51 AM

2,424 posts, read 873,179 times
Do some research, there is no medical reason for curcumcision. It was carried down from religious ritual. If one pulls the forskin back and cleans under it you should have no problem. After all you do clean the rest of that area don't you?

Old 09-18-2009, 09:29 AM

8,310 posts, read 21,466,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
Keep your opinions away from my child's penis. That's my stand.
I don't really see why this wasn't the end of the thread...

Exactly right. What sense does it make to try to influence anyone else's decision on this matter?

Old 09-18-2009, 05:02 PM

5,971 posts, read 12,257,523 times
I was looking for something else and found this link on disorders of the penis:
Disorders of the Penis

Some of the mentioned disorders cite not being circumscised as one of the risk factors. To quote:

"Penile Cancer
A rare form of cancer, penile cancer occurs when abnormal cells in the penis divide and grow uncontrolled. Certain benign (non-cancerous) tumors may progress and become cancer.
The exact cause of penile cancer is not known, but there are certain risk factors for the disease. A risk factor is anything that increases a personís chance of getting a disease. The risk factors for cancer of the penis may include the following:
  • CircumcisionóMen who are not circumcised at birth have a higher risk for getting cancer of the penis. "
"Balanatis

Balanitis is an inflammation of the skin covering the head of the penis. A similar condition, balanoposthitis, refers to inflammation of the head and the foreskin. Symptoms of balanitis include redness or swelling, itching, rash, pain and a foul-smelling discharge.

Balanitis most often occurs in men and boys who have not been circumcised (had their foreskin surgically removed), and who have poor hygiene. Inflammation can occur if the sensitive skin under the foreskin is not washed regularly, allowing sweat, debris, dead skin and bacteria to collect under the foreskin and cause irritation. The presence of tight foreskin may make it difficult to keep this area clean and can lead to irritation by a foul-smelling substance (smegma) that can accumulate under the foreskin."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates