U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:28 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,823,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Apparently you FAILED TO READ the links provided on Post #30.

Typical.

So go ahead and believe whatever you want to believe.

I did read it. You might want to go ahead and read your own link from the beginning to the end.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:30 PM

8,293 posts, read 22,476,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
I did read it. You might want to go ahead and read your own link from the beginning to the end.
No you didn't. If you did you would have said, "I did read THEM."

But I'll play your game... What part did you not agree with, and on what basis?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
No you didn't. If you did you would have said, "I did read THEM."

But I'll play your game... What part did you not agree with, and on what basis?

I don't disagree with anything. READ it and you will find out why it's not a reliable source.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
I don't disagree with anything. READ it and you will find out why it's not a reliable source.
If YOU had read it, you would know that it's a link that links hundreds of other sources of information.

So they're all unreliable, because YOU say so?

Old 08-25-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
If YOU had read it, you would know that it's a link that links hundreds of other sources of information.

So they're all unreliable, because YOU say so?

If you're too lazy - I can't help ya.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
If you're too lazy - I can't help ya.
Look, how many times do you need to be told the same thing? You're actually getting pretty boring.

Even so, if you think there's something wrong with circumcision, don't do it. It's your choice.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:20 PM

284 posts, read 468,256 times
Quote:
Ahhh yes... Yet another arrogant, sarcastic, ill-thought-out religious dig by yet another arrogant, sarcastic zealously religions Atheist. Sheesh, you people and your mantra are a dime a dozen!
Ahhh yes... Just another garden-variety, self-centered, close-minded, religious fanatic who thinks that people of other faiths are athiests. You self-righteous religious fanatics are a nickel a dozen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
Hmmm, who would I want doing my circ....a pediatrician who does it once in a while or a mohel who does nothing else and probably has done thousands in his life time? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I say you go stare at your penis some more.
Hmmmm... Another ethno-centrist who thinks that thier culture and norms trump all others. You can continue to practice a barbaric and antiquated act of mutilation and justify it through religion or just forget it and admit that it had a purpose 5,000 years ago and move on. Anyone who willingly chooses to circumcise children on a regular basis is mentally ill, in my opinion, even if they justify it through religion. You just had to inject religion into a thread that was based on something else. The antithesis of open-mindedness.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:57 PM

2,005 posts, read 5,125,974 times
I swear when we had our little boy everyone who came in to look at him asked if we were going to circ him. I was getting very annoyed, as was my husband since he isn't and doesn't understand the American obsession with circumcision. When the ped asked about it, I said, NO we are not going to do it. He said, "that's a great decision. The APA no longer recommends it as routine and it's only purpose is COSMETIC". So straight from the horse's mouth... cosmetic only.

So I will ask what the health benefits are? Why don't European men or other men of the world have these nasty side effects from their foreskin?

I've met many people who have witnessed it and would never willingly do that again. Yes, they should make sure people understand what they are signing up for when they slice off their son's foreskin, they would watch a video prior to the procedure. To say it's painless is untrue.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:20 PM

284 posts, read 468,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
I swear when we had our little boy everyone who came in to look at him asked if we were going to circ him. I was getting very annoyed, as was my husband since he isn't and doesn't understand the American obsession with circumcision. When the ped asked about it, I said, NO we are not going to do it. He said, "that's a great decision. The APA no longer recommends it as routine and it's only purpose is COSMETIC". So straight from the horse's mouth... cosmetic only.

So I will ask what the health benefits are? Why don't European men or other men of the world have these nasty side effects from their foreskin?

I've met many people who have witnessed it and would never willingly do that again. Yes, they should make sure people understand what they are signing up for when they slice off their son's foreskin, they would watch a video prior to the procedure. To say it's painless is untrue.
I did not have any of my sons circumcised either. When my last son was born I asked three different pediatricians about the procedure and they all said the same thing: That the only reason to do it would be for cosmetic purposes and that if I decided not to have it done to my child that soap and water will take care of anything else.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWARK MAGIC View Post
I did not have any of my sons circumcised either. When my last son was born I asked three different pediatricians about the procedure and they all said the same thing: That the only reason to do it would be for cosmetic reasons and that if I decided not to have it done to my child that soap and water will take care of anything else.
I think that circumcision is probably a better and more beneficial practice in cultures where there is not very good hygiene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates