Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 02:02 PM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times

Advertisements

It seems like I heard just today that the American Pediatric Association is against it, what more proof do we need?
but I am not sure about the claims of sex being better with it or without it ,unless I hear it from a guy who has had it done after he became sexually active.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:09 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So... If it could be conclusively shown that circumcision would reduce the spread of HIV in Africa, by a mere 10%, would it not be worth considering?

Perhaps it would. Why don't we just promote unprotected sex then?

I read about it some time ago. For instance, in the U.K it's only 6% of the men, in the U.S. 75%. In other EU countries it's even much less than 6%.

Last edited by XodoX; 08-25-2009 at 02:22 PM..

Old 08-25-2009, 02:10 PM

284 posts, read 542,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
My dear, if that is what you think of when you look "down there" then you need to get laid! I'm just saying. Look if you want to morn your foreskin, more power to you. But considering I am Jewish and around quite a lot of deskinned men, I can say with experience that your penial depression is not the norm. And on that note, I find it ridiculous that you would use the owrd barbaric and liken it to female circ in any way. To me that is just hyperbolic rhetoric thrown around in ignorance. I'm surprised you didn't go for the abuse angle. If you are against circ, then if you have a son, don't get him one. But I think there are much more barbaric and horrible causes one can advocate against other then a doctor recommended and performed procedure that is done in a hospital (or at a bris in my case) by a trained professional and takes all of 5 mins if that and the child never thinks about again for the rest of their life. Well except for those few who have nothing better to do then mourn the loss of their foreskin
The intent of my post went right over your head (no pun intended).... I do not want my foreskin back.

I was saying that my circumcision was performed succesfully; but I cringe to imagine what it would look like if it was mangled. There are cases of bothced circumcisions; and it happens more often than you would think to Jewish men, especially since the people who perform the procedure on them usually are not medical doctors.

Where in my post did I insinuate that I have "penial depression?" On the contrary, I love my penis and utilize it in various ways on a regular basis.

Just because your religion/culture practices the same barbaric custom as other cultures practice does not automatically mean it is beneficial on medical grounds.

I don't want to get into an argument over religion but there are a lot of other weird and barbaric things in the bible that God commanded that no sane person would ever attempt. At least my parents were following the advice of a doctor and not a story in a book.

Last edited by NEWARK MAGIC; 08-25-2009 at 02:22 PM..

Old 08-25-2009, 03:35 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Perhaps it would. Why don't we just promote unprotected sex then?

I read about it some time ago. For instance, in the U.K it's only 6% of the men, in the U.S. 75%. In other EU countries it's even much less than 6%.
So then go ahead and be smart alec and ignore what is apparently a mountain of evidence suggesting that circumcision has multiple health benefits.

Your choice.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So then go ahead and be smart alec and ignore what is apparently a mountain of evidence suggesting that circumcision has multiple health benefits.

Your choice.

oh yeah, health benefits... it's not even proven,great! Like I said, let's tell them they can just have pelnty of unprotected sex now!

Old 08-25-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWARK MAGIC View Post
The intent of my post went right over your head (no pun intended).... I do not want my foreskin back.

I was saying that my circumcision was performed succesfully; but I cringe to imagine what it would look like if it was mangled. There are cases of bothced circumcisions; and it happens more often than you would think to Jewish men, especially since the people who perform the procedure on them usually are not medical doctors.

Where in my post did I insinuate that I have "penial depression?" On the contrary, I love my penis and utilize it in various ways on a regular basis.

Just because your religion/culture practices the same barbaric custom as other cultures practice does not automatically mean it is beneficial on medical grounds.

I don't want to get into an argument over religion but there are a lot of other weird and barbaric things in the bible that God commanded that no sane person would ever attempt. At least my parents were following the advice of a doctor and not a story in a book.
Don't we all just love and use it.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
oh yeah, health benefits... it's not even proven,great! Like I said, let's tell them they can just have pelnty of unprotected sex now!
Apparently you FAILED TO READ the links provided on Post #30.

Typical.

So go ahead and believe whatever you want to believe.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Ahhh yes... Yet another arrogant, sarcastic, ill-thought-out religious dig by yet another arrogant, sarcastic zealously religions Atheist. Sheesh, you people and your mantra are a dime a dozen!

Old 08-25-2009, 04:15 PM

481 posts, read 943,522 times
Quote:

Hmmm, who would I want doing my circ....a pediatrician who does it once in a while or a mohel who does nothing else and probably has done thousands in his life time? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I say you go stare at your penis some more.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
Hmmm, who would I want doing my circ....a pediatrician who does it once in a while or a mohel who does nothing else and probably has done thousands in his life time? You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I say you go stare at your penis some more.
Please don't encourage him to do that...

No wait, I guess it really doesn't matter, does it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates