Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 07:52 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,093,167 times

Advertisements

Baby boomers have messed America up. Good job baby boomers.

P.S. This is not a shot at all baby boomers. This is a shot at the baby boomers in power now and the hippies that have gone senile and become crazier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 09:02 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,052,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post

P.S. This is not a shot at all baby boomers. This is a shot at the baby boomers in power now and the hippies that have gone senile and become crazier.
Im afraid that isnt the correct analysis on why America has gone down the Tubes. Its entirely because it has turned its back on God, his moral laws, Godly living, and daily depending on the Creator. When you remove that, you have no moral compass or divine protection any longer. This is why anarchy will get worse than what we already have. America desires to be a God-LESS nation ... and so God will not interfere with that desire.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:41 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
You think you've just made an original observation? Every generation blames its predecessors. Wait and see; in 25 or 30 years, some bunch of clueless kids will be blaming you for whatever they don't like about this country.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:37 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,093,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Im afraid that isnt the correct analysis on why America has gone down the Tubes. Its entirely because it has turned its back on God, his moral laws, Godly living, and daily depending on the Creator. When you remove that, you have no moral compass or divine protection any longer. This is why anarchy will get worse than what we already have. America desires to be a God-LESS nation ... and so God will not interfere with that desire.
I believe it is. The baby boomers are the generation that began the downward spiral we are currently in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You think you've just made an original observation? Every generation blames its predecessors. Wait and see; in 25 or 30 years, some bunch of clueless kids will be blaming you for whatever they don't like about this country.
I know every generation looks back at the faults of the previous generation. There is one legitimate reason for me and my peers to be mad at baby boomers. My generation (generation y) along with generation x and the generation after mine and the generation after my generation have to pay for the mistakes of the baby boomers. Many of them sold out the ideals from their youth for corporate fascism and a totalitarian nanny state.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:05 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No attitude View Post
If not, who do you think is? Is it just human nature to be all screwed up and not "evolve" gracefully if that is what you call it?
I'm going to read everybody elses stuff after I post. Why? Because this is one more generational thread.

The answer is: You.

You are responsible for the sad state of affairs and priorities in this country today.

Yep.

You.

So, lets hear less of the blame game and more of the action.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:52 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
I know every generation looks back at the faults of the previous generation. There is one legitimate reason for me and my peers to be mad at baby boomers. My generation (generation y) along with generation x and the generation after mine and the generation after my generation have to pay for the mistakes of the baby boomers. Many of them sold out the ideals from their youth for corporate fascism and a totalitarian nanny state.
No, that still isn't right. You're claiming some kind of legitimacy for your generation as opposed to others. What about 25-year-olds in 1941, who could certainly have blamed their predecessors for taking the world in a direction that led to World War II?

You don't like what you see going on all around you; granted. And you have a nice, convenient label. It's the "baby boomers." That's what's known as a crutch. In fact, it's a fill-in-the-blank kind of crutch. You say baby boomers. Someone else says blacks, or Jews, or illegal aliens. Just an endless parade of excuses to cover up the fact that it's easier to throw blame around than it is to work within the system and make changes.

And, by the way, each generation tends to look out for itself. There are always forward-thinkers, but the majority is concerned mainly with the here and now. I hope you aren't going to imply that your generation will be any different...or the ones to follow.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:32 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,052,303 times
Quote:
I believe it is. The baby boomers are the generation that began the downward spiral we are currently in. .....
REPLY: More accurately, it was Post Modernism (disregard for God and his moral foundations in exchange for living as one pleases) that is directly responsible .... and Baby Boomers happened to be the generation living at the time. It could have very easily started when your generation was present at the time ; in fact, it IS ALL generations subsequent to Post Modernism coming into play that are responsible for greatly accelerating the rapid moral degradation we have at present. The snowball is gaining momentum as it travels down the slippery slope and anarchy has already been birthed as a result of it --- its going to get ALOT worse in your lifetime so choose this day whom you will serve : God and his moral laws designed out of love and concern for your personal protection and welfare, or, a Culture that hates God/pretends he doesnt exist so people can delay ultimate accountability for their destructive immoral lifestyles which they *think they are entitled to. Its one or the other and we all get to pick. Ive made my mind up which I want. Choose wisely because its a very vital decision.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:56 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
I believe it is. The baby boomers are the generation that began the downward spiral we are currently in.

"I believe it is. The baby boomers are the generation that began the downward spiral we are currently in."

I don't know one baby boomer that bought a $500,000.00 they could not afford... The buyers all seem be in their thirties or early forties..

Old 09-24-2009, 11:36 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
"I believe it is. The baby boomers are the generation that began the downward spiral we are currently in."

I don't know one baby boomer that bought a $500,000.00 they could not afford... The buyers all seem be in their thirties or early forties..
Oh, so now it the Xer's fault?! Maybe we woudln't have done it if the boomers raised us right... You know, turned off the TV and made us play outside, stopped giving us trophies for "winning" 9th place at the bike rodeo, and had fed us something more wholesome than hotdogs and Lucky Charms.

You are gonna make me grumpy for the rest of the day.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:57 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
I don't hate any generation, each has its good and bad characteristics. I do think the "Greatest Generation" is overrated; after all, nobody could live up to that arrogant name. A rarely-discussed legacy of theirs was that they seriously fouled our physical environment for decades.

What bothers me about the boomers is one thing --

Kicking the can down the road. Buy now, let the next generation pay for it.

A perfect example is all the unfunded medical liabilities they set themselves up for under Medicare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates