Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:28 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,954,250 times

Advertisements

Do I sound nuts?

More and more people from all sides of the political spectrum are starting to agree...Our Constitution is in serious jeopardy.

For a general outline of the conspiracy for a one-world dictatorship, go here:

YouTube - David Icke - Live At Oxford Union Debating Society 1 of 11

From a liberal feminist perspective about how the US is turning into a fascist state under Bush and how Obama is continuing those same policies go here:

YouTube - Interview - Naomi Wolf - The End of America

and here:

YouTube - Naomi Wolf on Russia Today-the end of america

For examples of how the power elite wants to get rid of the US dollar in favor of the "amero" and is starting to microchip people go here:

YouTube - Human Micro Chipping

This stuff is no joke. We need to put our differences aside to unite against the world dictatorship that will be swiftly on its way if we sit by idly!

Old 09-05-2009, 12:09 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
Nobody wants to spend 50 minutes watching videos, to see if they agree or disagree with the OP.

In future, when starting a thread, give us some clues that we can digest in less than an hour.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:25 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,954,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Nobody wants to spend 50 minutes watching videos, to see if they agree or disagree with the OP.

In future, when starting a thread, give us some clues that we can digest in less than an hour.
Ok, here's the ulta short version for those who have no attention span:

There is a tiny global elite who control and manipulate events to get people to agree to giving up their personal liberties and national sovereignty.

Their basic method is: 1. Create a problem (or allow one to fester). Then offer a "solution" which always involves centralizing power.

Just one of many examples....The US welfare state was born of the Great Depression...Now the 2 major programs born during that time are in very serious financial trouble. The "solution" is likely going to fail. However, this is what the eiltes actually wanted and have been planning for many decades...some would say centuries.

They wanted our economy to ultimately fail so that they can replace our currency with a new one, the Amero, modeled after the same blueprint as the Europen Union (which has severely undermined the sovereignty of individual European countries). Ultimately, they want to create a One-World Dictatorship, somewhat similar to what George Orwell wrote about in his book 1984.

They've already started getting people to volunteer to be microchipped in the name of "security".

Old 09-05-2009, 06:49 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times

There is a tiny global elite who control and manipulate events to get people to agree to giving up their personal liberties and national sovereignty.

Their basic method is: 1. Create a problem (or allow one to fester). Then offer a "solution" which always involves centralizing power.

Just one of many examples....The US welfare state was born of the Great Depression...Now the 2 major programs born during that time are in very serious financial trouble. The "solution" is likely going to fail. However, this is what the eiltes actually wanted and have been planning for many decades...some would say centuries.

They wanted our economy to ultimately fail so that they can replace our currency with a new one, the Amero, modeled after the same blueprint as the Europen Union (which has severely undermined the sovereignty of individual European countries). Ultimately, they want to create a One-World Dictatorship, somewhat similar to what George Orwell wrote about in his book 1984.

They've already started getting people to volunteer to be microchipped in the name of "security"
.................................................. ................................................

This kind of belief is one of the reasons its so hard to have genuine political dialogue in America. There is no evidence to support it, yet I'm well aware that probably 10% of the public thinks like this.

What you are describing is a "conspiracy-theory" of politics. You apparently believe that events in the world are controlled, manipulated by some sort of "power-elite". I'm presuming international bankers or power-hungry rich people..

This is just silly. What conspiracy-theory believers fail to take into account is the virtual impossibility of any one group controlling world events. For example, no sane person could argue that the world's economic problems were intentionally created. This would involve actions and reactions all around the world taking place over years. You would have to have the coordination of governments in Europe, America, Asia and the Middleast. That coordination doesn't exist because private companies in all these countries are cut-throat competitors with one another in this capitalist system we have. The governments of the world are having a heck of a time right now finding a cure for the problems that ail the economy. If they really knew what caused this mess in the first place, they'd be able to fix it much quicker.

I'm almost fifty years old and let me share a lesson I have learned during my life. Its very difficult for any one group to control events in much more limited spheres than international politics. What you learn when you are participate in government or a private company is that you have much less control than you think you do. Other people in an outside your organization frequently undermine and subvert your actions for reasons ranging from passive aggressive behavior to trying to steal your job.

Further, all this would have to occur without any detection of it by the media. If this were true, the media would swarm around this because it would be the story of the century. And, don't try to argue that all the media outlets are part of the conspiracy. FOX News cooperates with CNN? or with CBS? Give me a break. If they all were part of a "conspiracy" you'd still have all the bloggers, all the citizen journalists out there who would expose this.

There are also some logical fallacies in the very ideas you propose. For example, you assert that adopting the Euro undermined the sovereignty of European Countries. Well if America adopted a currency such as the "Amero" how would this undermine our sovereignty? We'd be the only country on it right? How would that be any different than being on the dollar?

I don't know how old you are, but I would suggest you take a different tack on politics and life. Before you start believing something so farfetched, you ought to ask for proof. Who are the "conspirators" and do they have the means to accomplish the vast agenda they are accused of? That proof doesn't exist because this idea is utter nonsense.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:12 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post

Have you been watching, "So I Married An Axe Murderer" again?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:22 AM

I'm sure glad I didn't spend an hour of my life getting the "attention span" version of that.

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand". ---Homer J. Simpson.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:32 AM

8,415 posts, read 7,412,065 times
Quote:
The US welfare state was born of the Great Depression...Now the 2 major programs born during that time are in very serious financial trouble.
I believe that one of the two major programs that you're referring to is Social Security. It's not exactly failing right now but it is projected to run out of money around 2040, due to the baby boomers retiring between now and 2040, too many people claiming social security benefits while not enough people will be paying payroll taxes into into the system.

Social Security's pending insolvency in can be resolved by one or more methods:

(1) reducing benefits for the pool of retirees
(2) increasing payroll taxes, by either
(2a) increasing the flat payroll tax rate
(2b) raising the cap on taxable income
(3) reducing the pool of retirees (by raising the retirement age)
(4) increasing the pool of workers paying payroll taxes
(4a) by raising the retirement age
(4b) by increasing the number of children born in the United States
(4c) by increasing the number of legal immigrants.

But I honestly don't know of a second major program that was created during the Great Depression and that is currently failing or that is projected to fail in the near future. You can't be referring to Medicare; it was created in 1965.

Quote:
They wanted our economy to ultimately fail so that they can replace our currency with a new one, the Amero, modeled after the same blueprint as the Europen Union (which has severely undermined the sovereignty of individual European countries).
So, was it the Euro that "undermined the sovreignty of individual European countries", or was it the establishment of the European Union itself that undermined sovereignty.

Quote:
Ultimately, they want to create a One-World Dictatorship, somewhat similar to what George Orwell wrote about in his book 1984.
Actually, George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four depicted a future world with THREE regional governments, governing Oceania, Eurasia, and Eastasia.

You should really read the book sometime...it's quite good.

Quote:
They've already started getting people to volunteer to be microchipped in the name of "security".
And these people would be?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:36 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
^ I don't think there's any question that they're going to have to raise the retirement age from 65 to 70.

Back when they first started Social Security, very few people (men especially) lived to be 70. Many didn't even live to be 65.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:52 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
I don't think there's any question that they're going to have to raise the retirement age from 65 to 70.

Back when they first started Social Security, very few people (men especially) lived to be 70. Many didn't even live to be 65.

.................................................. .................................................

Amen. I plan on working until I'm 70 anyway, so it won't be any shock to me.

A little history lesson maybe in order here. The concept of government pensions for works originated in Germany just after the turn of the twentieth century. It was an immensely popular program when first conceived. What took the German public a long time to figure out was very few people lived long enough to get a pension. Pensions began at age 65 and the average life expectancy was something like 54. It turned out to be a huge windfall for the government. They collected alot of tax revenue they never had to pay out.

In 1937, when social security went into effect in America you had to be 65 to earn a pension. Average US life expectancy was 62 years. Today the average life expectancy for a male is 78 years and for a female is 82 years. Anyone ought to see that its simply not possible to keep paying benefits to everyone unless you change the equation. You either raise taxes or the retirement age. Most people don't want to raise taxes, so that leaves exactly one option. Its time to quit whining and for all of us to raise retirement ages and accept the inevitable.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post

Amen. I plan on working until I'm 70 anyway, .
You might not feel that way when you get here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates