Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 01:53 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Surely you must have heard on the TV and other Media that Atta was an Al Queada Terrorist. Mohamed Atta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . And if Bin Laden is the CEO of Al Queda , Bin Laden and the rest of the Organization are responsible for 9-11 . As for putting alot of trust in our Government Officials, it is misplaced .
What you are saying is not evidence, it is speculation.
My point is still, if the FBI is not linking Osama Bin Laden to 9/11, then they must have valid reasons. Same with Cheney.
I put trust in quotes, as I do not completely trust them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 07:12 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Good post and let's not forget the 400 or more fireman and police who died trying to rescue.
Trust me, I will never forget.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:18 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
My point is still, if the FBI is not linking Osama Bin Laden to 9/11, then they must have valid reasons. Same with Cheney.
Bin Laden has always been quick to praise the terrorist actions of others while avoiding implicating himself. I do not think the FBI has hard evidence of his involvement, because that would most likely come from his followers who are prone to protecting him.

If you read the Esquire interview with OBL conducted in Afghanistan in 1998, you will see that. You also hear him talking about civilians being fair game, and of course the final line in the interview pretty much says it all.

A Conversation With The Most Dangerous Man In The World - Esquire

Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Surely you must have heard on the TV and other Media that Atta was an Al Queada Terrorist. Mohamed Atta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia . And if Bin Laden is the CEO of Al Queda , Bin Laden and the rest of the Organization are responsible for 9-11 . As for putting alot of trust in our Government Officials, it is misplaced .
We have to remember the February 1993 bombing of the WTC, in which 6 people were killed and about a 1,000 injured. There were several individuals who were linked to the bombing, and some of them are still on the loose. Ramzi Yousef was arrested, among others, including Khaled Shaikh Mohammed, who was arrested in 2008, he was "Linked" to Al Qaeda. Whenever some terrorist gets arrested or killed, they'll say that he was Linked to Al Qaeda, or whichever terrorist group they were linked to, as most of these individuals are. That's how these groups have always operated, and aparently it works to their advantage because being a group scattered all over the world, many of whom manage to operate without being detected, which makes it tough for law enforcement and intelligence agencies, as well as armed forces, to keep their watch on all such individuals.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:05 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Bin Laden has always been quick to praise the terrorist actions of others while avoiding implicating himself. I do not think the FBI has hard evidence of his involvement, because that would most likely come from his followers who are prone to protecting him.
While the United States and other nations were trying to make sense of the September 11th attacks right after they occurred, we saw Palistinian civilians in the streets of the West Bank of Israel celebrating and praising those who were responsible for the attacks. I also remember seeing a video of Osama bin Laden shortly after the attacks, he was also praising the 19 hijackers.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

If you read the Esquire interview with OBL conducted in Afghanistan in 1998, you will see that. You also hear him talking about civilians being fair game, and of course the final line in the interview pretty much says it all.

A Conversation With The Most Dangerous Man In The World - Esquire
No need to show me that Bin Laden is an evil guy. That is pretty obvious.
Still no explanation of why Cheney made those statements.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:13 AM

1,310 posts, read 3,051,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
By the way, there was a newsflash this morning that we've heard from Bin Laden again .

Old 09-14-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
While the United States and other nations were trying to make sense of the September 11th attacks right after they occurred, we saw Palistinian civilians in the streets of the West Bank of Israel celebrating and praising those who were responsible for the attacks. I also remember seeing a video of Osama bin Laden shortly after the attacks, he was also praising the 19 hijackers.
Did you expect him not to praise them?

Yes, you saw Palistinian civilians "celebrating". That is something that can be used forever to show "how evil those people are".
I wonder why they were celebrating. A look into the history could help, though.
I condemn violence and suppression on both sides. The amount of hatred against the average muslim is unbelievable and NOT acceptable, though.
Rather than pointing the finger on "those evil" people, one should think about solutions to those problems in the world.

In another thread I read something like "the amount of money we spent on the war in Iraq is justified because now we live in Freedom".
How was your freedom threatened by Iraq? It wasnt, but sadly to this day some americans (not all) still think that Iraq was either threatening the USA or was linked to 9/11.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
By the way, there was a newsflash this morning that we've heard from Bin Laden again .
I have heard about it, but that doesnt help me to see through Cheneys statement.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:51 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
lI saw Americans cheering on Shock-and-Awe Day, as Iraqi civilians' bodies were being blown apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates