Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 07:52 PM

37,489 posts, read 45,766,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamHarman View Post
It's simple.....people are attracted to and enjoy dating whom they like. you cannot force non African American women to "desire" you. Whats next? Affirmative action for dating? If you read my prior posts, I'm 100% for racial equality and hate racism, but attraction is, what it is. You cannot force someone to be attracted to you by guilt and from your post, that seems to be the play you are making.
Exactly.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:42 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,733,224 times
You know...there are those of us, male and female, for whom skin color is irrelevant. What matters to me is a person's heart--not their ancestor's biological adaptation to environment.

Funny...most of the women I know feel just as I do. Perhaps you're not connecting with the right women?

Old 10-01-2009, 12:36 AM

123 posts, read 320,730 times
Frankly, with so much else to be concerned about this is all moot.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:26 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,637,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADshock81 View Post
I know this is off-topic and not related to race, but why is it that if someone is intelligent they are looked at as a nerd or geek. Why can't they just be considered a smart guy? It's basically one extreme to the other.
For the same reason some are know as Jocks. It describes the dominating character in some poeple that othewr see.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 AM
PYT

122 posts, read 289,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLightan View Post
Why has the World or at least the Eastern Hemisphere put race aside however America has not?
What the... Asians are some of the most race oriented people when it comes to dating/marriage. It's not even just Asians vs Blacks vs Whites. It's as extreme as Chinese vs Japanese vs Korean... etc etc.

Obviously this is a generalization but Asian Americans tend to be much more open to interracial dating.

Last edited by PYT; 10-06-2009 at 05:25 AM..

Old 10-06-2009, 05:56 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,758,277 times
Respect is earned, not given.
My dad, a black man, taught me that.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:24 AM

1,605 posts, read 3,910,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Respect is earned, not given.
My dad, a black man, taught me that.
Tell that to the modernized generation/Americanized Asians, Jews, and Indians who are given respect by the general populous despite if they contribute anything to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYT View Post
Obviously this is a generalization but Asian Americans tend to be much more open to interracial dating.
It's towards whom that causes a conundrum, at least for the region where I live in. Maybe somewhere out in the West, it's all gravy for anyone regardless of race who holds themselves with some dignity and has money/education/access, but it's a whole 'nother animal for most of the rest of the country, which I believe what the OP was addressing.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,426 times
I respect everyone's opinion on this thread but let me discuss solutions for the OP. First women are all about projections, so Its what do you represent to them..I went a long time underestimating the ego of a woman. Race is important but if we were to analyze other factors are involved too. Yes American white women are somewhat biased but they also have the most options as they are the most sought after women in the world. Options= Power... So my solutions would be for the OP to focus on what he can control, such as career and let the women be a bi-product(as sexist as that sounds) because women project one of two ways. They either want to "Save" you hence the term"Cougar" or they want to "serve" you, hence a housewife. When women are not at these extremes relationships become complicated and that's why you have a 50% divorce rate in America. What happens is women have the ability to both save and serve but based on personality, lifestyle, career,age, astrology, etc. they chose to be one extreme or the other and sometimes change up at different points in their life. So its on you brotha to pull a Tiger Woods and focus on your career, that way someone will want to serve you of your chosing. Otherwise you would have to play the "poor me" card and get a woman to save you, which is much tougher since you are highly educated. Good Luck! I know this rant is convoluted but I hope it helps.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:08 PM

4,893 posts, read 3,342,517 times
From what I've read, it is easier black men, black women, and asian men to interracially date in Europe, or at least parts of it (and is often different for each group). Which doesn't necessarily mean there aren't racism or racial barriers in other aspects of society such as the political or economic realm, which can sometimes be worse than the US ironically enough....

Old 10-17-2009, 02:44 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,845,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Exactly what is your question?

he's got his panties twisted because some women don't want anything to do with a black man, and he thinks that they are wrong for making their own decisions

it isn't a lack of respect, it's a lack of interest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates