Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 11:52 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,808,871 times

Advertisements

haha that's really funny because clearly you group anyone that thinks differently than you like this lol. I'm always the one willing to pay more and for stricter gun laws. And you think you have the right to rent something that is owned by someone else. You don't own it. They are not required by law to rent to you. Are you the person that refuses to leave the premise of someone else's property? gotcha. You have rights as a renter, I have rented myself, you have the right to notices and a loted time but you can't FORCE someone to rent out something. And if guidlines are set up the property owner has rights to. It's not all about the renters rights. They own it. If I have a house and you need a room, as a private citizen I am not required to rent to you. Sure, I would do it if there was no where for you to stay definitely but you can't make me give you my home to use. You act like you have this profound insight into someone you've had about 2 seconds talking to and you have been wrong about all of your assumptions. I think it is societies responsibility to provide shelter for people down on their luck, we as civil human beings must find places for people to stay, this is part of our humanity, but I cannot force someone to rent to me. There are government programs if I have no where to stay, sure they might need reform, but it is not your right to rent from someones ownership of property. Once it is rented, then you have rights from your contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 11:56 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
On, nononono----all real "rights" are God given. Let's see, where did I read that just recently.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:57 AM

I don't know. Where did you?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:58 AM

Now I remember:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
You say society gives us rights, I say society is to provide a just way for exercising our God-given rights,.
By the way, how come our "God-given" rights aren't already just. Maybe you need a new God.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:03 PM

You are about to turn into the same kind of person you complain about if you post something to defend your accusation. Posting a part of a case where another part that refutes what you are implying is on the thread as well. Sounds alot like something someone might do with the Bible, yea, gotcha. Your a fundamentalist without a Bible to thump. Yes, life is a God-given right, any right is indeed subject to this right being intact.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:05 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,666,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Now I remember:

By the way, how come our "God-given" rights aren't already just. Maybe you need a new God.
"God given rights" is a common figure of speech. Everyone knows it, including you - unless, of course, you're just so delusional with hatred that you no longer remember it.

Sheeesh... Dispense with the stupid, relentless, pointless bickering already.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:06 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,558,278 times
This is an important discussion that you guys just railroaded. Way to go!

Old 09-17-2009, 12:13 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
She had consensual sex with someone so it stemmed from that. She might have gotten caught by a boyfriend or felt used etc. and so made up the rape story. She might be having a breakdown or drugs etc. and manufactured the story.

Just be glad that in a case like this the lack of physical evidence (DNA) would destroy any case that in the past could have gone forward.

DNA evidence is what sank the case against Kobe Bryant...I think they found semen from 2 or 3 guys on the gal when they tested her.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
This is an important discussion that you guys just railroaded. Way to go!
You are right. I was dismayed to see all the tangential feminist and theological points interjected to distract from my point.. I will restate my original point?:

Rights and privileges will always be abused. If you give women the right to scream rape and then presume they are telling the truth, that is going to be abused. It comes down to a failure of our judicial process to presume the innocence that tney say they presume. Citizens don't object to the de-facto presumption of guilt until they themselves are presumed guilty.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:20 PM

You're right, this is definitely a different thread and I think it has been started already somewhere. 'What are our rights' But more importantly, we need a thread about what jtur88 'rights' are and how we can all sacrifice our rights to expand his notion of what he thinks his rights are. Everybody must rent to him, it is his right. Never-mind our right to own land, and how his right to rent would indeed nullify the concept of owning that land, and if he really didn't have a place to stay we have programs already set up as is our duty, it is his right to rent from us. I told you if someone needed a room I would rent to them, I change my mind, I would dip into my savings if you needed a room and build you your own room so my conscience would be clear and you would have a place to sleep but I wouldn't have to be under the same roof. Everybody wins. And thank you jtur for clarrifying that it is you that gives women rights and not God. Clearly, she abused her God given right for justice as well as the whole female sexes, but since you are god, since you gave women their rights for justice, you must be god. I suppose the whole world will have to take this up with you and the end of the world and you can explain your truth on the rights you personally gave women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates