U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 12:10 PM

7,431 posts, read 10,526,699 times
Default Food for thought!

Regardless of our beliefs, and regardless of what rights we think we have, the fact is, ALL of us are here because our ancestors survived. (Just think: Going back all the way to the first humans, not one of our ancestors died before giving birth to the next level of our ancestry, down to you.) Therefore what each of us represent must be mostly good because we are the latest product of an immensely complicated evolutionary process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 12:20 PM

2,256 posts, read 3,292,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
I read your post and do not agree with your reasoning. I view everyone as a human who can rationalize what is right and what is wrong but some may not be able to perform that task. Those that cannot have the rights the same as you or I. They may show up anywhere but do we have the right to mock or criticize them on their written beliefs?

I believe as long as their end result is lawful and without malace of thought, I cannot find it in myself to scorn that person.
Well, good for you. Maybe you should go back and read again the entire thread. I've even acknowledged that anybody anywhere can make up there own rules of right and wrong, but it does'nt make their position a correct one.

The posters who do absolutely nothing but filth foul - foul filth all the time again have every right to do so, but it makes for any intelligent discussion fruitless. The problem is they have zero or nothing of import to contribute and when backed into a corner that's simply the best they can come up with.

Again, in this world we all live in presently they do have to right to vomit out things as they see fit as they see fit. The problem has been that all these individuals ever do is chew it up and spit it out, tear it down and destroy any of the normal long standing traditinal values that most cultures throughout history have recognized and when their done doing that, they have nothing improved or better to replace it with. Just insults, vulgarities, and dirt. Our world has too much of that garbage as it is. Look at all this world's nations disunity with each other, even any nations disunity within itself. And all because we live in a pseudo-enlightened new age of Secularist Kumbaya.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:27 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,742,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Regardless of our beliefs, and regardless of what rights we think we have, the fact is, ALL of us are here because our ancestors survived. (Just think: Going back all the way to the first humans, not one of our ancestors died before giving birth to the next level of our ancestry, down to you.) Therefore what each of us represent must be mostly good because we are the latest product of an immensely complicated evolutionary process.
An immensely complicated evolutionary process dating back to accidental slimey algae that popped into existence from an accidental pond of dead chemicals (as if that were even possible) , and of which many Evolutionists themselves have little or no faith in ? >>>Anointed-One.net

How do we get our intrinsic worth and great dignity if we are from random accidental Molecules that somehow burped up from a magical cosmic potion ?! If Humans are to have any worth, dignity, and rights at all...it is because they come from Someone beyond Man ...someone who IS the standard for worth, dignity, and morality.

Further, this SoupDeLoup philosophy giving us first life is completely disproven by science, including the worlds foremost popular ATHEIST biologist , Dr. Francis Crick, who co founded the DNA structure ; he put the probability of first life arising by chance at 10x40,000 th power --- there are only 10x70th power atoms in the universe ! So much for that Theory that wont die out gracefully.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:35 PM

11,123 posts, read 8,864,306 times
Where do rights come from?

The muzzle of a gun.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
The only evolutionary processes going on here are Memes and they are not beneficial, they have degenerated humankind from the start. At least for many centuries, different human cultures, races, creeds, etc throughout the earth have always had a basic moral understanding of what a standard of rights and wrongs were, even if they did'nt always follow it, since we're all imperfect.

However in the 20th century this degeneration and perversion rapidly excelerated and increased and personally I put the major blame for that on religion everywhere. Those leaders are the ones that should have known better and they refused to practice the right thing. Now in the 21st century things are even worse and so gray and fuzzy, that the line between what is right and what is wrong is completely blurred. Despite the delusion many have of this new world enlightenment, it's anything but. Again, random Memetic mutations are not beneficial to human beings, otherwise we would have come together in unity centuries ago. True random evolutionary processes only bring us cancer, tumors, disease, death and extinction and this is where all these governments and their new secular enlightenment are leading mankind. The beauty for humankind is that they fortunately will not be allowed to succeed in bringing things to a complete ruin.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Where do rights come from?

The muzzle of a gun.
That would be in Somalia, or any border town between the USA & Mexico.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:44 PM

RVlover wrote:
An immensely complicated evolutionary process dating back to accidental slimey algae that popped into existence from an accidental pond of dead chemicals (as if that were even possible) , and of which many Evolutionists themselves have little or no faith in ?
As usual, you are making things up. This is not what I said. Read my post again. You EXPANDED my words: an immensely complicated evolutionary process. ( NOTE the period (.) at the end of the sentence ) to read: An immensely complicated evolutionary process dating back to accidental slimey algae that popped into existence from an accidental pond of dead chemicals.

In my post, I went back to the first humans. YOU added all the other nonsense! Please read more carefully without letting your wild mind get the better of you.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:48 PM

4,529 posts, read 2,978,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
An immensely complicated evolutionary process dating back to accidental slimey algae that popped into existence from an accidental pond of dead chemicals (as if that were even possible) , and of which many Evolutionists themselves have little or no faith in ? >>>Anointed-One.net

How do we get our intrinsic worth and great dignity if we are from random accidental Molecules that somehow burped up from a magical cosmic potion ?! If Humans are to have any worth, dignity, and rights at all...it is because they come from Someone beyond Man ...someone who IS the standard for worth, dignity, and morality.

Further, this SoupDeLoup philosophy giving us first life is completely disproven by science, including the worlds foremost popular ATHEIST biologist , Dr. Francis Crick, who co founded the DNA structure ; he put the probability of first life arising by chance at 10x40,000 th power --- there are only 10x70th power atoms in the universe ! So much for that Theory that wont die out gracefully.
Are non sequitures and circular argument fallacies the only arguments you have?

Also, BTW, Crick is an Agnostic, not an Athiest. Yet another attempt to provide some substantiation to Creationism/ID has fallen flat on it's face.

The abiogensis argument aside (which shouldn't even enter into this discussion) Modern Man has had nearly two hundred thousand years to figure out what constitutes "morals" and "rights".

Old 09-28-2009, 01:51 PM

bluepacific wrote:
The beauty for humankind is that they fortunately will not be allowed to succeed in bringing things to a complete ruin.
I'm won't even venture a guess as to wether or not your prediction will come to pass. We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out. Time will tell!

Wether we think that the current situaton of mankind is good or bad, doesn't change the situation in any way. It is what it is regardless of the labels any one of us imposes upon it. One thing I've noticed however, is that those who tend to interpret the situation as mostly good are happier and more at peace in therir lives than those who tend to see the situation as bad. While I believe in the possibility of re-incarnation, I don't know that it happens for a fact, so I'm living my life as if it's the only life I have. Since a lifetime goes by pretty quickly, I have in recent years, put more emphasis on making my time here....a happy time. To pull that off, I'm choosing to focus more on finding the good stuff, and being thankful for that.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 09-28-2009 at 02:00 PM..

Old 09-28-2009, 03:03 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,742,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
Interesting test.

Do you believe that the ones who were in the military and defended our Country who have not asked to be forgiven have a chance?

I do because if it were not for those of us who gave up our life of easy going to go into the military you and I and all Americans would not have the freedom to write in this post or even go to school to learn....

Thanks.
Hi. Ill answer your question in 2 parts :

1. Soldiers who go to war and kill others, are not considered murder in the Bible and they need not ask God for forgiveness for being a Soldier defending our country.

2. According to God, ALL OF US HAVE SINNED against him and repeatedly in a number of ways in our lifetime., and need a Saviour to link us between Man and a very holy God--that Saviour is Jesus Christ the Son of God who came to earth and took the punishment we deserve for our sins. If you are willing to recieve Christ and the sacrifice he gave on the cross, then you can actually have great joy in knowing your eternity with God is totally secured. You can lay on your deathbed knowing according to Gods promises that you will be in heaven with him right after you close your eyes to this life permanently. Christ conquered death thru his ressurection and all those who die IN him, need not fear physical death . Theres real hope and its only found in CHrist -- his pain for your gain. Regards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates