Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 01:04 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1phwalls View Post
Considering this is your second post about black women not wanting to date you, I think it's just that you are not someone women are attracted to. And the way you talk in your posts about what "all black women" like might be the problem. Maybe your stereotypes are shining through during your conversations with these black women as much as they do in your posts.
agreed

Old 09-22-2009, 08:12 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,052,033 times
Colors of skin really have no impact, thinking so is just prejudice, it seems many people are attracted to rebels and counter culture followers (right now it's the thug culture or hipsters). Most younger people seem to rebel as an expression of defining their individuality (god I sound old at 30), and people don't want to be their own solitary rebel. They want to be different in the same way as all their friends.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:24 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLightan View Post
The fairfixen made a great point about black women that I have always wondered to this day? It seems that as if those are the type of men they are interested in. All of my encounters with black women only last less then an hour becuase throughout our short meeting there is absolutely no connection? Even the more sophisticated ones appear to be attracted to the types of men I mentioned in my post. It is ok with me because of there reluctance to give educated black men a chance, I have dated beautiful women from other ethnic backgrounds, but I just do not understand why?
STOP! DESIST! HALT! DON'T EVEN!!!

[b]Puleeeeze Stop these wildly sweeping comments which are only anecdotal at best or just the blathering of folks who can't get a date no matter the color of the woman.[/B

Old 09-22-2009, 08:25 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
I dont think this is just an issue with black women. Most women like a guy who has a bit of street smart to them because it makes the guy more masculine. At least thats what it seems. I'm not going to lie, I find myself in the same category at times. I can't help it.

That also brings up a question for you, then. What qualities, exactly, do you consider to be masculine qualities. How does "street smarts" translate into masculinity?

Old 09-23-2009, 10:12 AM

25,705 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Let's not be sexist about this. Both men and women tend to be attracted to trashy people. Once they have 'captured' it, they then get burned and scream bloody murder. Yeah... like they expected any different? You try to pet a rattlesnake and what do you expect it to do? Be nice?

Now, of course, I'm not saying everyone is like this. But there does seem to be a "common sense in relationship" gene missing in a good chunk of the populace. Personally, I've never seen the draw of lowlifes.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:53 AM

88,533 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Let's not be sexist about this. Both men and women tend to be attracted to trashy people. Once they have 'captured' it, they then get burned and scream bloody murder. Yeah... like they expected any different? You try to pet a rattlesnake and what do you expect it to do? Be nice?

Now, of course, I'm not saying everyone is like this. But there does seem to be a "common sense in relationship" gene missing in a good chunk of the populace. Personally, I've never seen the draw of lowlifes.
I was married to a lowlife once. A blond-haired, blue-eyed one. Having good health insurance, I went into therapy. I had always had a lot of anxiety, since childhood, coupled with OCD tendencies, which is just another form of anxiety. "Something" was always going to happen and I had to prevent it. I'll never forget how much it hit home when my therapist said that "Joe" provided me with the real crises I needed.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:54 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,224,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLightan View Post
The fairfixen made a great point about black women that I have always wondered to this day? It seems that as if those are the type of men they are interested in. All of my encounters with black women only last less then an hour becuase throughout our short meeting there is absolutely no connection? Even the more sophisticated ones appear to be attracted to the types of men I mentioned in my post. It is ok with me because of there reluctance to give educated black men a chance, I have dated beautiful women from other ethnic backgrounds, but I just do not understand why?
Oh you know what? Cut the crap.

The majority of Black women I work with are highly educated, and the majority of Black women that I meet that I do not work with all have one thing in common..........no gangsters, thugs or lowlives. They don't need any extra crap.

Your going to find mi vida loca everywhere. There is an attraction to the street life that some women go for. Live with it. If you want to.

Many women go for intelligent men. The mind is the greatest sexual organ you possess. I would lay money that if your as intelligent as you think you are that you could whip that sucker out and....

This means one of two things, one your at an age where your "looking for your one true thing" and not finding it or you just watched about 25 race threads go down and somehow think that with under 20 posts you won't be found out as starting yet, "another" race thread. No plot there.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
i have seen some very happy couples black woman white guy.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:27 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,803,646 times
Gee, just ike white woman, hard-wired for 'da bad boy, passing 37 "nice guys on the way, all the time bitching about how rotten men are !

Old 09-24-2009, 02:46 PM

141 posts, read 479,961 times
Have the op every thought maybe its just him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates