U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:24 PM

1,779 posts, read 3,364,096 times

Advertisements

Just my opinion and the reason for it.

Which gender is more difficult?- Women. Men are more straightforward, women are more ambigous. They also are more sensitive and more prone to misinterpret something.
More menacing?- Men. Bigger frame, more muscualr, more intimidating and therefore menancing.
More manipulative?- Women. I could point to numerous examples, for now look at my thread on women in the military. At the same time they are claiming they should be allowed to serve in all areas, yet they seem to think they are still entitled to a break on the PT requirements and exemption from the draft. The term "gold digger" is another example of female manipulation.
More understanding-Women. They tend to care more about feelings and express them than men do, more understanding of people's problems. This does not apply to infidelity.
More driven?- Women. I notice they tend to more often have a chip on their shoulder and figure they need to prove themselves more so than men do.
More limiting?- Don't know what is meant by limiting.
More likely to dismiss a member of the group?- Women. Men get angry quickly and then it usually fizzles out. Women can give someone a cold shoulder and be mean to them for quite a long time.
More open?- Women. Men tend to keep emotions to themselves a lot more than women do.
More secretive?- Men. Women tend to express emotions and gossip a lot more than most men do.
More agenda driven?- Can't say.
More results driven?- Men. Women tend to be more creative and abstract, men tend to focus on the here and now and practical results. Look at the male domination of the results driven fields for an example.
More of less? Less of more- I think women can pinch pennies when money gets tight better than men, but when money is good....I think men are more likely to save it and women are more likely to spend it.

Before y'all jump down my throat, the above is just my opinion in response to the OP's question. Good day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 AM

1,244 posts, read 2,426,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Just my opinion and the reason for it.

Which gender is more difficult?- Women. Men are more straightforward, women are more ambigous. They also are more sensitive and more prone to misinterpret something.
More menacing?- Men. Bigger frame, more muscualr, more intimidating and therefore menancing.
More manipulative?- Women. I could point to numerous examples, for now look at my thread on women in the military. At the same time they are claiming they should be allowed to serve in all areas, yet they seem to think they are still entitled to a break on the PT requirements and exemption from the draft. The term "gold digger" is another example of female manipulation.
More understanding-Women. They tend to care more about feelings and express them than men do, more understanding of people's problems. This does not apply to infidelity.
More driven?- Women. I notice they tend to more often have a chip on their shoulder and figure they need to prove themselves more so than men do.
More limiting?- Don't know what is meant by limiting.
More likely to dismiss a member of the group?- Women. Men get angry quickly and then it usually fizzles out. Women can give someone a cold shoulder and be mean to them for quite a long time.
More open?- Women. Men tend to keep emotions to themselves a lot more than women do.
More secretive?- Men. Women tend to express emotions and gossip a lot more than most men do.
More agenda driven?- Can't say.
More results driven?- Men. Women tend to be more creative and abstract, men tend to focus on the here and now and practical results. Look at the male domination of the results driven fields for an example.
More of less? Less of more- I think women can pinch pennies when money gets tight better than men, but when money is good....I think men are more likely to save it and women are more likely to spend it.

Before y'all jump down my throat, the above is just my opinion in response to the OP's question. Good day.
You did a wonderful job examining the positives and negatives of the sexes! Very clear and well thought. I think you hit it pretty much right on, the only thing I would say might be a tie is manipulative imo. Yes, money wise, in terms of getting it I'd say women are more manipulative in general. Although in sales I think men are more likely to mislead about their services/product. However, keeping it, I'd say men are more manipulative. I think that men sometimes will do anything to keep what they have and women are more likely to share once they have it. Overall though, I'd say I agree with you for whatever it is worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates