U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,127,448 times
Default Men or Women, Girls or Boys

Which gender is more difficult? More menacing? More manipulative? More understanding? More driven? More limiting? More likely to dismiss a member of the group? More open? More secretive? More agenda driven? More results driven? More of less? Less of more?

I'll share the reasons for the ambiguity later.... I'm a male so I suppose you can say males are less likely to be clear about an inquiry...

Gender traits... let's hear them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 11:03 PM

2,782 posts, read 2,285,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
Which gender is more difficult? More menacing? More manipulative? More understanding? More driven? More limiting? More likely to dismiss a member of the group? More open? More secretive? More agenda driven? More results driven? More of less? Less of more?

I'll share the reasons for the ambiguity later.... I'm a male so I suppose you can say males are less likely to be clear about an inquiry...

Gender traits... let's hear them.
You can't judge a person by their gender.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:52 AM

2,256 posts, read 3,297,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
You can't judge a person by their gender.
Wow

I can see where this is going to quickly lead to a gender identity crisis homophobe thread real quick because certain rights groups were'nt included as part of the O.P. subject line.

Last edited by bluepacific; 09-25-2009 at 03:05 AM..

Old 09-25-2009, 05:43 AM

22,715 posts, read 9,677,980 times
Honestly,

Men and women are just as dishonest as one another, they are just as manipulative, and most of the other things you mentioned.

We have some physical differences, but we are all human. I think women are better at relationships than men are. So after a given time, they know how to play their man like a fiddle. Thats why couples that have been together for so long, seem to always have the woman in charge. Just an observation. Generally, the men who think they are in charge, are just led to believe that by their wives.

Of course, I think the whole divorce when 40 thing is throwing some women completely off though.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Wow

I can see where this is going to quickly lead to a gender identity crisis homophobe thread real quick because certain rights groups were'nt included as part of the O.P. subject line.
Please edit as necessary to overcome the deficiencies.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:43 AM

1,244 posts, read 1,174,064 times
don't worry, you men are in charge

I'M THE BOSS (from Burl Ives)

Before a man marries, one thing he should get straight:
Who is the captain who is the first mate,
Who mops standing up or who scrubs on his knees,
A man's entitled to decisions like these. CHORUS: I'm the boss. (There's no doubt of it)
I'm the boss. (And he's proud of it)
I make the decisions and mine is the final one.
Don't tell me how the dishes should be done. CHORUS
My woman and I we live in tranquillity.
Don't ask how to spell it; I'm not nobility.
I say men are smarter and my woman agrees.
What I cook for supper should be up to me. CHORUS
Take my advice, friend: stay in the driver's seat.
You give her an inch and you're doomed to defeat.
Let her know you're the boss. Man can't live on his knees.
Fold the baby's diapers any way that you please. CHORUS

Old 09-25-2009, 09:46 AM

1,244 posts, read 1,174,064 times
the previous was one of my granddad's favorite songs, they were married over 50 years and he kept a little card above his chair that said "I'm the boss!!!.....as long as my wife is ok with that" what a beautiful marriage that was

Old 09-25-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
the previous was one of my granddad's favorite songs, they were married over 50 years and he kept a little card above his chair that said "I'm the boss!!!.....as long as my wife is ok with that" what a beautiful marriage that was
Very nice indeed!

Old 09-25-2009, 12:40 PM

3,566 posts, read 2,880,577 times
Neither gender. A lot of people suck. Sucking does not recognize boundaries. Now, if someone believes in their heart of hearts, that one gender is more or less, then one needs only back track to the last time that person got burned.

Old 09-29-2009, 01:45 PM

Which gender is the crueler?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates