Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:04 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I don't know many men who can "sling" a 200lbs man over their shoulder.
Really,

I've had to do it. Most men over 170lbs can lift a 200lb man on their shoulder and run, if needed. Especially when your being shot at.

Most women, just don't have that capability. Again, I don't want my son in a situation where he has to rely on a woman, who didn't meet the same physical standards as the men.

Equal rights, equal responsibilities.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:15 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Those that can complete the required physical course.the other like men that can't ;no.The military is no place for polircal correctness.
What BS, The issue is can women do the job assigned. The answer is yes they can. We need to make some accommodations on platforms like submarines, but this macho bs about physical strength is just that -- macho bs from weak minded males.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
What BS, The issue is can women do the job assigned. The answer is yes they can. We need to make some accommodations on platforms like submarines, but this macho bs about physical strength is just that -- macho bs from weak minded males.
If the physical standards that are set before you enter into a job aren't important, then why hold anyone to those standards?

Old 09-30-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If the physical standards that are set before you enter into a job aren't important, then why hold anyone to those standards?
Because they have nothing what so ever to do with the ability to do the job assigned. They are boot camp standards designed to push recruits. Some @sshole in boot camp doesn't have the slightest cue as to what makes a competent submariner.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Because they have nothing what so ever to do with the ability to do the job assigned. They are boot camp standards designed to push recruits. Some @sshole in boot camp doesn't have the slightest cue as to what makes a competent submariner.
Submariners have to meet different physical standards then those in basic training.

Submarine Qualifications Designation for Enlisted Members

I guess someone who knew nothing about submarines wrote those to.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Submariners have to meet different physical standards then those in basic training.

Submarine Qualifications Designation for Enlisted Members

I guess someone who knew nothing about submarines wrote those to.
Let me keep you from making a greater fool of yourself. I'm "Qualified in Submarines"

Old 09-30-2009, 07:31 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,826 times
Quote:
There are annual PT tests in the military, as I stated before. There are still two different sets of standards on those tests, and performance on those tests determines your status in the military. It's not just boot camp.

Equal rights, equal responsibilities. I don't understand what's so hard about the "equal responsibilites" part.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Let me keep you from making a greater fool of yourself. I'm "Qualified in Submarines"
I'm sure you are, but you had to meet physical standards. I had to meet physical standards to do even fly on a plane in the Air Force, and I wasn't even flying the plane.

Someone, some where, decided that those physical standards were a good idea. If women can't meet the same standards, then they shouldn't be doing the same job.

Like I said, equal rights, equal responsiblity.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:35 PM

Special Medical Standards for Submarine Duty - Purpose/Misc Provisions

Heres another one for ya.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I'm sure you are, but you had to meet physical standards. I had to meet physical standards to do even fly on a plane in the Air Force, and I wasn't even flying the plane.

Someone, some where, decided that those physical standards were a good idea. If women can't meet the same standards, then they shouldn't be doing the same job.

Like I said, equal rights, equal responsiblity.
No they didn't. They just pushed recruits to work harder. There are no objective physical standards outside of groups like fliers and SEALs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates