U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-15-2009, 08:11 AM
 
Location: Washington DC
5,913 posts, read 4,942,719 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Who is talking about creationism? Your overly-defensive tunnel vision is overwhelming you.

I'm not promoting anything, regardless of how many time you theory of evolution zealots claim I am.

What I'm doing is pointing out the FACT that your theory LACKS EVIDENCE. Were you to try to prove something about the theory of evolution, in a court of law, you would UTTERLY FAIL. Why? Because you're lacking evidence.


THAT is your problem. And while you all keep repeating the same cultic mantra about all this fossil evidence, you all fail to produce any.




No wait. I'm wrong. You HAVE produced fossil evidence - PROOF, like your Nebraska Man, and his entire sub-species.

My bad. Sorry. I guess your PROOF is infallible! Do carry on!
Nebraska Man? Back in the 1920s some klutzy paleontologist misclassified a tooth and you claim that disproved evolution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-15-2009, 08:18 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,294 posts, read 14,019,603 times
Reputation: 3656
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Nebraska Man? Back in the 1920s some klutzy paleontologist misclassified a tooth and you claim that disproved evolution?
Did I say it disproved evolution?

Why don't you READ and THINK before you post stuff like this?



I'm just amazed by how crazy you pro-evolution zealots get when one person calls you out on the lack of evidence supporting your theory. What were the words of Shakespeare? Methinks thou dost protest too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 08:21 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
607 posts, read 510,867 times
Reputation: 374
Quote:
What I'm doing is pointing out the FACT that your theory LACKS EVIDENCE. Were you to try to prove something about the theory of evolution, in a court of law, you would UTTERLY FAIL. Why? Because you're lacking evidence.
You have been pointed several times to the evidence you claim is missing (fossils). And also, conveniently, fail miserably to consider the rest of the evidence. Proven heredity, proven variation, proven mutation, proven natural selection, proven adaptation, proof of geographical distribution.

Fossils aren't even needed. They are a bonus. Yet you jump on the low quantity of them to claim that evolution is not evident. That is ridiculous.

"The jury is ready to convict a murderer for which we have motive, weapon, time, place and all sort of traces... trial is stopped when a video of the suspect walking in a hall that leads to the crime scene -carrying a matching gun- appears. This is more evidence, right? Well, not for the defense attorney, who points out there is no video of the moment of the homicide. THERE IS A GAP he screams... now there is LESS EVIDENCE!!! ... SHOW ME THE MISSING LINK"

.... u get the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 08:21 AM
 
Location: Washington DC
5,913 posts, read 4,942,719 times
Reputation: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Did I say it disproved evolution?

Why don't you READ and THINK before you post stuff like this?



I'm just amazed by how crazy you pro-evolution zealots get when one person calls you out on the lack of evidence supporting your theory. What were the words of Shakespeare? Methinks thou dost protest too much.
Called out? You raise an issue that has zero to do with evolution and then claim others are zealots? LOL

Again if not evolution, what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 09:02 AM
 
Location: Texas
1,296 posts, read 1,172,836 times
Reputation: 671
The left!?

You'd think right wingers would love evolution. Charles Darwin should be one of their heroes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
607 posts, read 510,867 times
Reputation: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
The left!?

You'd think right wingers would love evolution. Charles Darwin should be one of their heroes.
They only turn to evolution to justify insurance primes, CEO wages, the "invisible hand" of markets, etcetera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 09:13 AM
 
14,637 posts, read 5,051,821 times
Reputation: 6021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I'm not promoting anything,
So I've noticed. Do you have an alternate hypothesis - some sort of constructive contribution?

Because, frankly, "some random dude on a message board thinks there should be more fossils" isn't really the sort of stuff to progress science nor debate.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 10-15-2009 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Texas
1,296 posts, read 1,172,836 times
Reputation: 671
I realize this is pointless when it comes to certain posters here, but for anyone else who may be watching from the shadows.

Just one (well, 7-8 actually) of the fossils that shows a link between two species.

All About Archaeopteryx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Sonoita
227 posts, read 313,586 times
Reputation: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
I realize this is pointless when it comes to certain posters here, but for anyone else who may be watching from the shadows.

Just one (well, 7-8 actually) of the fossils that shows a link between two species.


All About Archaeopteryx
Hey PiltdownChickenChaser , what is that? The atheist Bible for thumping the Kristers? Come on, you guys all argue these stupid weirdo fossils interpretations all day long and spin around to nowhere when science already has provided charts showing and illustrating progression of humans coming out of Africa. Compare that to the reality of who's on top and who's still at the bottom and you've got Euorpean made countries dominating the planet, just like in the science charts. Proof enough for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 02:45 PM
 
Location: NZ Wellington
2,782 posts, read 2,388,545 times
Reputation: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collective View Post
Actually evolution is easy to disprove. Find a fossil of a rabbit from the Precambrian era, and boom! there goes the theory of evolution.

So there you dear creationists Start digging! In the meanwhile, evolution stands as fact.
The only way the fossil record could disprove evolution, is if every single fossil was dated back to the exact same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top