Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 07:21 PM

59,017 posts, read 27,284,678 times

Advertisements

"What lawsuit can he bring if the commisioner of the league rules him out?"

The lawsuit would not be against the NFL but, against the "news" people and organizations who have libeled him by asserting he has made the "racist" statements. They then "quote" the statements. Non of which can be found.

He will sue for libel and because of these statements the NFL does not want him. How much do you think that is worth?

P.S. The Eagles and McNabb were not doing well when Rush made his statement about the media, not McNabb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 07:25 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
The NHL and owners have to approve.
A bigger player has to approve also: The Federal Bankruptcy Court.

BTW - I really think Limbaugh could get an NBA team also -

Old 10-14-2009, 07:27 PM

59,017 posts, read 27,284,678 times
I almost forgot. If the NFL is so rightous, why do they allow Oberman to stay on the air doing sports? His political comments are the most hatefilled I have ever heard. And don't tell me that the NFL has no say over commentators. If they say you go, you go. The amount of pressure they can put on a network is huge.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:35 PM

480 posts, read 878,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I almost forgot. If the NFL is so rightous, why do they allow Oberman to stay on the air doing sports? His political comments are the most hatefilled I have ever heard. And don't tell me that the NFL has no say over commentators. If they say you go, you go. The amount of pressure they can put on a network is huge.
I've been waiting for someone to get to this. I'm a liberal, but I agree that Olbermann doesn't have any business working Sunday Night Football. Either you're a political commentator or you're a sportscaster. IMHO, you can't be both.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:55 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,820,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
NFL will take a big hit.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:57 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,437,741 times
Finally Rush Limbaugh has had to learn some lessons and truths.

1.) Words matter
2.) You can't always get what you want
3.) You can't say any damn thing you want and get away with it without repercussions.

Suck it, dude!

Old 10-14-2009, 07:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
limbaugh is buying ball clubs? that would explain his deep compassion for the american worker and their fierce loyalty to him.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:05 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,691,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
NFL will take a big hit.
I think all of the Limburgers should Boycott the NFL

Old 10-14-2009, 08:24 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,054 times
Cool Once Again, It's Time For The Captain's 'BS Detection 101'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What is the "Checketts group"?

Funny. I listened to Rush today (didn't hear the whole show, but at least the first hour or so) and he never mentioned anything about any "group", but was talking about the response to his offer.

I smell a rat here.

There is no reason why Rush should be prevented from buying a team. He is and always has been a huge supporter of sports (especially football) and is immensely knowledgeable.

The left is just out to destroy him because they disagree with his political views. That's all it is. They took his comments about McNabb (sp? I'm not a sports fan) totally out of context and turned them into a racial comment (which they weren't at all — thank you Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, the two biggest racists in our country today).

Rush is in no way a racist, and there is plenty of proof. This is just liberal hatred and personal destruction, which is the thing the left knows best.

Democrats suck big time. What more can be said? It's time to put them out of power forever.

The politics of personal destruction is alive and well, and resides in the Democrat Party.
Boy oh boy...I've been a busy soul today---looks like it's time to get busy again...

I just love the way folks line up and call names when they don't get their way... see under 'liberal', 'leftie', 'Democrat', everybody's favorite 2009 throwaround term 'racist'---you know the drill...

Look, the only 'immense' things about Limbaugh are his mouth and his gut...he is a long-winded, pseudo-intelligent, overpaid rabble rouser, and frankly, a lot of folks are beginning to tire of his act, whether you want to admit it or not...and another thing---everyone who voices opinions and ideas counter to yours are NOT and SHOULD NOT be labeled liberals, left-wingers, and Democrats...

I've said this before on here, and I'll repeat it for your benefit---a lot of you are getting mad because your 'side's' views AREN'T being taken as gospel, and all this fear-mongering whininess you are trying to pass off as opinion is in fact, something else Limbaugh possesses in abundance---a lot of empty hot air...

If you have nothing else to contribute to the discussion besides hollering, screaming, name calling, shouts of 'wait til 2010/2012', and threatening to hold your breath 'til you turn blue, then kindly step the heck aside and let people (left and right, lib and conservative, Demo and GOP) who actually WANT TO DISCUSS THE ISSUES AT HAND, step to the front...this constant foaming-at-the-mouth attack mode is so yesterday, and just plain silly to boot

Old 10-14-2009, 08:27 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
Good argument on CNN between some blowhard radio talking head defending Rush Limbaugh and Al Sharpton a minute ago. The blowhard called it a "high tech lynching" and argued that Limbaugh is being targeted over his politics.

Bzzzzt. Wrong.

Limpballs said himself that the NFL was like a battle between "Crips and Bloods", the radio blowhard then named 4 players and said they ARE thugs! To which Sharpton correctly replied even if there ARE thugs in the NFL that did not give Limpballs the right to impugn the entire NFL.

Words have consequences. Racism does not win you friends, it only makes you money. Also onboard Anderson Cooper was Stephen A. Smith, who was neutral and didnt think NFL'ers had it in them to all get together and protest something if it would cost them money.

He might be the most right of all three. Goodnight Rushie, the NFL (i.e. the guys who put on pads and helmets) dont want you or your money. I bet alot of the owners would love to have you though.... (nod, wink)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates