Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 11:08 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBurgBK View Post
If you think being a homosexual is a choice, then you are at least Bi-sexual or Bi-curious. There is no way around it.
Complete and utter nonsense, but it keeps being repeated ad nauseum by the good soldiers who march in lock step behind the PC police.

In the absence of a genetic explanation, and that absence continues today, there is not a shred of evidence that anyone is born "gay" - born to prefer sex with their own gender. But you keep throwing out this bogus "not a choice" crap because it works on the world's lemmings and you know that without it your agenda would never have gotten off the ground.

No one is born to want sex with their own gender - any more than any one is born to want steel studs in their tongue or eyebrows. People choose to do a lot of strange things in life and much of it has no rational explanation. But, without a doubt, some of it can be explained simply by a desire to shock and offend others.

I personally would have zero interest in whether or not you cling to a perverse view of the world if it were not for the goal of bringing it into the schools, as referenced in this very bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So in other words, if parents will not give in to the liberal PC viewpoint and willingly embrace what may be against their beliefs and pass that to their children against their own best judgement, then the children must be indoctrinated within the schools to believe that everything you cite is ok?

I will teach my children the difference between right and wrong based on my family values, and I will tell them when necessary that their teachers are wrong and misguided. I will tell the teachers, to their face, that certain values as espoused by the school system are wrong when I need to.

I have a problem with your definition of ethics. Filling the heads of impressionable children, against the wishes of their parents, with garbage is not ethical. But then again, I would guess we have different views of what constitutes 'garbage'.

These are my children, not the teachers', not the school systems', nor the governments'.
Very well said.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:12 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
What makes you think your children want your beliefs and not those of the teacher's?
And what makes you think that my children, having been raised within our family and imbued with our values, want the teachers'? Or yours? Or the governments'?

Quote:
Also, I have issues with what you consider as "garbage" and your parenting.
I would guess you have a lot of issues. I'll continue to guard my children against all with agendas like yours.

Quote:
As a parent, it is your right and duty to protect your children from evil and harm, but you should do it with an unbiased mentality. When do you draw the line on what is "garbage". Do you draw the line when it comes to equality? Do you draw the line when it comes to homosexuals? Do you draw the line when it is opposite of your values? Do you try and understand what the opposing thought is before concluding or do you flat out write it off automatically?
Protecting my children from evil and harm does not stop at a physical level. Evil takes many guises. The lines within our value system are clear. Your asking if I draw lines when they are the opposite of our values is ludicrous - of course I do! Who would not? I've had ample time to consider other viewpoints and do not need to stop and reconsider when they again come up. I can distinguish the difference between right and wrong without giving the 'wrong' side another opportunity to plead it's case, or even worse, to present itself to a young child that it may influence that child's immature mind. I watch my child's education very closely and speak with the teachers and school administration whenever anything raises concerns.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
You can blame the economy for that. The value of education has sunk to new lows.

As for ethics: General ones. Manners. Respect. Equality. Of course, in any country, these are dying ideals
You can blame the economy for education sinking to new lows? Did I hear that right?

Lol! OMG there is simply no end to off the scale of hysteria viewpoints expressed here.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:21 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

No one is born to want sex with their own gender - any more than any one is born to want steel studs in their tongue or eyebrows. People choose to do a lot of strange things in life and much of it has no rational explanation. But, without a doubt, some of it can be explained simply by a desire to shock and offend others.

Then why don't they revert back when they grow up?

Old 10-16-2009, 11:24 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Then why don't they revert back when they grow up?
Too many never grow up emotionally or psychologically.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Another crack in the moral breakdown of society. To compare this with Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King? I mean really, you can't be serious. Where will it end? Forcing this immoral agenda down our throats will only make it more bitter.
But they are serious - or so their PC programming leads them to believe - in inexplicably large numbers. After seeing this, no one should have any trouble understanding how Germany drifted so far astray in the 30s.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
The left has won.....because we let them.....
Very sadly true.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:33 AM

3,332 posts, read 3,697,576 times
a lot of hatred and fear I see.......

Old 10-16-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
EVERYBODY who knows who Harvey Milk was/is knows that the ONLY thing even remotely remarkable about him - and/or his career - is that he was gay.

Nothing else.

So to imply that "Harvey Milk Day" has nothing to do with homosexuality is a flagrant lie.
Thank you. Unfortunately it won't let me rep you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates