U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:30 PM

9,236 posts, read 5,227,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
The subject is not their punishment but the fact that IT WAS IGNORED AS A HATE CRIME!!! This is why the whole hate crime thing is BS. This is racism at it's worst that this innocent white couple were tortured and murdered by a gang of blacks and almost no mention of it at all.

Yes, drawn and quartered would be appropriate no matter their race or color.

January 6, 2007 - Hugh Christopher Newsom, age 23 and Channon Gail Christian, age 21, both students at the University of Tennessee went out on a date they were carjacked at gunpoint.

Chris and Channon were kidnapped and driven to a house where they were forced into the home at gunpoint. While Channon was forced to watch, her boyfriend was raped prison style and then his p e n i s was cut off. He was later driven to nearby railroad tracks where he was shot and set afire.

But Channon's hell was just beginning. She was beaten; gang raped repeatedly in many ways, had one of her breasts cut off and bleach poured down her throat to destroy DNA evidence, all while she was still alive. To add to Channon's degradation the suspects took turns urinating on her. They too set her body afire, apparently inside the residence, but for some reason left her body there-in five separate trash bags.

Why was nothing ever mentioned in the media about this 'Hate Crime' ... if it wasn't a Hate Crime ... what was it?? Just getting a few kicks??? Let's go cruise the neighborhood and pick up someone to rape, mutilate and murder???

I don't care what color one is ... this is a Hate Crime. Drawn and quartered is ok with me.

Old 11-04-2009, 07:54 PM

43,861 posts, read 27,813,572 times
I think anyone who commits a murder, regardless of the race of either party, should be dealt with in the same manner regardless of motive. The end result of their crime is that someone else has lost their life needlessly. What their motive or level of hate was........is totally irrelevant to me. I don't feel sorry for them, I won't make excuses for them and I don't want to support their sorry self until they die in prison 50+ years after the fact.

Not all people who kill someone else are in the 'murderer' category. But for those who are...they are messed up and don't deserve another day of sunlight.

Old 11-04-2009, 08:59 PM

3,196 posts, read 3,384,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flik_becky View Post
WOW! You have been very ill educated on the origins of this term. The German anthropologist who made the term popular said he had found the skulls of the most superior and beautiful race in the world, the "white people" of course, even though those characteristics were shared by neighboring darker skinned peoples. Today, scientists recognize that those who descended from these skulls are people from Caucasus mountain area and really do not a very good representation of the European people. It is a long ago debunked myth.

A little history education for you:

We can thank Johann Friedrich Blumenbach for the term Caucasian.

He says:

Caucasian race - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either way, as an American, we call every single race from in they or their descendents came from: Native American, Latino American, Asian American, African American, Indian American...and caucasian. How does tell me anything about my heritage? It does not. I am European American, with a small amount Native American blood (though no one wants to admit the second one but the charaterists don't lie). I can be proud of that. Caucasian is a generalization of European, Northern Africa, the Caucasus range and as far East as Indian.

By saying so, I can know that I am not Indian, Turkish, Russian, Tibetian, Arabian, Egyptian, ect, ect. I have European blood and I have heritage there, and I feel as strongly about that as I do about knowing and understanding my roots that are considered pagan and uncultured by the christian religion I was brought up in. It is who I am. I DO NOT want to be considered part of some "perfect, most beautiful" race that some idiot came up with that says all humans descended from this place, or that those from my own countries with darker pigment are "dirty" including those women who were less intelligent or poorer who were dumb or were forced to be in the sun and obtain a tan.
Thanks for the education--I didn't know this ...

Old 11-04-2009, 10:24 PM

1,122 posts, read 1,311,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
I think anyone who commits a murder, regardless of the race of either party, should be dealt with in the same manner regardless of motive. The end result of their crime is that someone else has lost their life needlessly. What their motive or level of hate was........is totally irrelevant to me. I don't feel sorry for them, I won't make excuses for them and I don't want to support their sorry self until they die in prison 50+ years after the fact.

Not all people who kill someone else are in the 'murderer' category. But for those who are...they are messed up and don't deserve another day of sunlight.
I always wondered...Hate crimes are absolutely horrid but we have been able to reeducate the mass of our society over time to all agree to that. But the psychopath, regardless of the amount of education could never be educated out of their crazy state of mind. How are hate crimes getting additional penalities than people are at the highest level of continuing their life of crime? SO...a person in prison for a hate murder could in theory eventually be reintergrated into society if they really truly realized their actions were wrong and felt guilty and remorseful with a low to no likelyhood to reoffend in comparision a guy I heard of once who lived with his single mother and shot her while she worked in the garden. He was watching while hunting in the woods. His explaination..."I guess I just found something else to hunt."

Which is worse? Which is more brutal? In the end people all died but where do we sit and measure our morals? I tend to have more disgust and anger toward the second person who spent very little time in jail and is now 70 something years old living free in society with the murder of his mother waiting around for his conscience to wake up....which it never will.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:54 PM

The problem isn't "hate crimes". There are two separate, but related problems: 1) hate and 2) crimes.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:43 PM

1,777 posts, read 2,697,899 times
no they arent

people who commit "crimes" against someone because of their ignorant "hate" for a 'race', are committing " racial hate crimes"

my neighbor across the way is a racist black man who hates me because I'm white, I'm awaiting the day his ignorant mumblings turn into him growing a pair and coming across the street to mouth off, then you might see a hate crime, not based on race, but based on my hatred for a piece of crap...

Old 11-06-2009, 08:47 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,631,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
White people have not been discriminated against as people of color have been. Nor have they had crosses burned in their yards or been dicriminated against by the powers thet be as people of color have. People of color are discriminated against by our government, especially Latinos. This we know in NW, Indiana.
The government discriminates against white people every day. Better qualified white people aren't hired or they are passed over for promotions to meet affirmative action goals.

White kids in white colleges in white communities can't get scholarships that they deserve while black kids are actively recruited from other cities for full ride scholarships to meet diversification goals.

Affirmative action is a hate crime against white people.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
no they arent

people who commit "crimes" against someone because of their ignorant "hate" for a 'race', are committing " racial hate crimes"

my neighbor across the way is a racist black man who hates me because I'm white, I'm awaiting the day his ignorant mumblings turn into him growing a pair and coming across the street to mouth off, then you might see a hate crime, not based on race, but based on my hatred for a piece of crap...
I've personally seen much more black-on-white racism than white-on-black.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:34 PM

2,637 posts, read 2,737,935 times
Hate just takes to much energy. I can't waste it on people I don't know really deserve it. At the moment the only person I hate, is a White jerk.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
Hate just takes to much energy. I can't waste it on people I don't know really deserve it. At the moment the only person I hate, is a White jerk.
Yeah, you are right. The only person that I hate was a white jerk. He is dead now--his name was Hitler. Thank God that the bigest monster in the history of the planet is dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates