Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 08:37 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,737 times

Advertisements

I guess I should hate Native Americans, because my GGG grand parents were killed in a Seneca raiding party.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:53 PM

44 posts, read 42,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flik_becky View Post
Ok, I was doing some reading online and had come across some articles while researching something else that talked about a bunch of other race on white crime but the police refused to label it a hate crime and it did not garner much media time either because it was not polically correct to do so.

I guess I am very anti-racist in every way down to the point where I will not use the word caucasian to describe European Americans and I have a very difference family and friends. But when I hear this kind of crap it just makes me so ticked off. I understand and sympathize with the issues of race in the past and present but I can not feel right turning a blind eye when it is the tables are turned.

Hate is hate and hate breeds hate; ignoring it only makes it worse.
I think because white people invented hate crimes.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:05 AM

177 posts, read 256,639 times
I'm not full of hatred. I am disgusted all the comments here by white people making themselves look like the innocent victims.

Wars among the Native People were a device of your influence, but it cannot even be compared to the fact that anywhere the Europeans went, they left a trail of death, destruction and disease.

The only hatred on this board is evident in the words posted by white people.

Aveojohn -

In the recent video showing American Soldiers killing civilians in Iraq and injuring two children that were in the vehicle with their father, one soldier was heard saying "they shouldn't have brought their kids to a war zone".

This is the true sentiment of all white people. Deep down inside, you cannot help being hateful and malicious.

How would you feel if I said: your family should not have been on someone Else's land trying to make it their own! ???

Your ancestors were killed in the same way you would kill someone who invades your home to rob you and harm your family.

Last edited by Borikua; 05-01-2010 at 11:19 AM..

Old 05-01-2010, 02:45 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
I think what whites did to promote slavery defined the terms and burdened their descendents with their ignorant decisions. Their behavior and subsequent actions, from Jim Crow to the continued racial inequities that exist to the detriment of blacks, to the ridiculous notion of "reverse discrimination", to the racially divisive conservative ideology, indicate a continuing assault on the dignity of a race of people (black people). Blacks are not viewed as equals by many in this group, and many view them as an inferior species of human being. It's absurd. The response to this ongoing treatment or the mechanisms designed to eliminate its effects or application, is not hate and not racism and not discrimination. These responses are not "hate crimes." The responses are merely attempts at self-preservation, self-fortification, and attempts to gain and maintain self-respect in a society where an "unearned privilege" exists to their detriment.

Racism as practiced by certain whites in this country against blacks is still the biggest problem plaguing this country. There's no question about that. The country needs more people like Sandra Bullock, Gregory Peck, Paul Newman, Frank Sinatra, the Kennedys, and many other types of whites who do not discriminate but promote the civil rights of people historically denied equal treatment.

Here's a good story of some of these exceptional white people.
USATODAY.com - Many whites among civil rights heroes

Here's another of a doctor in NYC. Dr. Shapiro
A Young Disabled Teacher Navigates a Vertical City - NYTimes.com

We need less people like those who comprise the Republican party and the conservative movement, very ignorant people like Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms, people who are segregationalist at heart, perpetuators of "hate" crimes against a race they don't view as equals.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:14 PM

378 posts, read 424,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I think what whites did to promote slavery defined the terms and burdened their descendents with their ignorant decisions. Their behavior and subsequent actions, from Jim Crow to the continued racial inequities that exist to the detriment of blacks, to the ridiculous notion of "reverse discrimination"
You're kidding, right?

On the other hand, maybe you ARE right, there really is NO such thing as "reverse discrimination" . . . discrimination is what it is and it is instigated every day, somewhere, by blacks (and sympathizers) against whites. (Just as LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS are being discriminated against by the likes of LULAC, MALDEF, etc. and all their sympathizers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
The country needs more people like Sandra Bullock, Gregory Peck, Paul Newman, Frank Sinatra, the Kennedys, and many other types of whites who do not discriminate but promote the civil rights of people historically denied equal treatment.
Oh yeah, we need more of them . . . the Bullocks can go into New Orleans and adopt every black baby born into this world DESPITE the mother's poverty and ignorance and life post-Katrina (instead of abstaining and educating themselves and trying to better their living conditions) . . . and the Newmans never have to live anywhere near the trash and criminality brought on by the perpetual consequences of the incessant breeding . . . the Kennedys, yeah we definitely need MORE of them doing wonderfully humanitarian things like enacting anchor baby laws . . .

As for Sinatra, let's see, he made many a joke at the expense of Sammy Davis, he was in an industry that is known for being liberal, but most of all, he had strong ties to the mob . . . we need more of that?

Old 05-02-2010, 10:58 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
Show me one example of a black hate crime against a white person purley because of the color of his skin.
In case you forgot: Lynching - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reginald Denny. And so many others during all the 'protests' following Ridney Kings well deserved beating who's names the media did not release. God! Gimme a break!

Old 05-08-2010, 11:20 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borikua View Post
I'm not full of hatred. I am disgusted all the comments here by white people making themselves look like the innocent victims.

Wars among the Native People were a device of your influence, but it cannot even be compared to the fact that anywhere the Europeans went, they left a trail of death, destruction and disease.

Aveojohn -

In the recent video showing American Soldiers killing civilians in Iraq and injuring two children that were in the vehicle with their father, one soldier was heard saying "they shouldn't have brought their kids to a war zone".

This is the true sentiment of all white people. Deep down inside, you cannot help being hateful and malicious.

How would you feel if I said: your family should not have been on someone Else's land trying to make it their own! ???

Your ancestors were killed in the same way you would kill someone who invades your home to rob you and harm your family.

For someone who claims not to be full of hatred your posts indicate otherwise. You are constantly attacking "white" people in the majority of your posts on C-D.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
the new 1984 think speak, its not hate crime its troubled youth or payback. selective law enforcement is a hidious monster of injustice that plagues our streets. the punishment of those that defend themselves is the cruelest feature of the age.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:40 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,737 times
Default here ya go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
Show me one example of a black hate crime against a white person purley because of the color of his skin.
In case you forgot: Lynching - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fred On Everything

Old 05-09-2010, 05:40 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borikua View Post
Although with that comment, it sounds as if you're trying really hard to change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates