Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 06:51 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,903 times

Advertisements

Just Google "Channon Christian and Chris Newsom". What happened to these kids is an outrage. I can only imagine if they were a black couple tortured and raped by a gang of white men. The media would have gone wild. Why has this not been more widely covered by the mainstream media? Disgusting and shameful!

Old 11-02-2009, 07:15 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Just Google "Channon Christian and Chris Newsom". What happened to these kids is an outrage. I can only imagine if they were a black couple tortured and raped by a gang of white men. The media would have gone wild. Why has this not been more widely covered by the mainstream media? Disgusting and shameful!
One suspect sentenced to death, one life in prison w/o parole, and one 18 years. All prosecuted, all convicted. What's your point? What more do you want? Drawn and quartered?

Old 11-02-2009, 07:22 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoslade223 View Post
One suspect sentenced to death, one life in prison w/o parole, and one 18 years. All prosecuted, all convicted. What's your point? What more do you want? Drawn and quartered?
Why has the media said NOTHING?

Old 11-02-2009, 07:24 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Discrimination falls into this category also. Affirmative action discriminates against one group of people to supposedly help another.

If we were to start an organization like the White Chamber of Commerce similar to the Black or Hispanic Chambers there would mass complaints.

All races deserve equal treatment.
Hah Hah! Imagine an "Aryan Club" at the local high school. That would go over well. But is it really that far fetched? Should it be?

Growing up in Los Angeles, I can positively say there are many areas in southern california where whites are the minority, as per the definition in the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

Minority - The smaller in number of two groups. Also, a part of a population differing from others (as in race).

The word "differing" makes no mention to any specific race. Reverse racism is alive and very well in our world.

I guess my point is that when people hear the term "hate crime", they immediately apply the term to a "minority" (black, hispanic, asian, indian, ect.) victim. This is as frustrating to me as reading the help-wanted ad's and seeing the term "bilingual prefferred" in the job description. I'm bilingual, as I speak English and German. But they are not looking for someone like "me". They are looking for someone who can speak English and Spanish. So why do they not just say what they are really looking for?

It seems to me that there is a double standard when it comes to certain words that are used when referring to those outside the realm of white and/or european ancestry.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:34 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
If they had been let go, say, like the Rodney King cops maybe you would have heard something.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:50 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,463,432 times
Quote:
This is a perfect example of why all the hate-crimes legislation is complete crap.

Murder is murder, regardless of what color the perpetrator of victim is.
I guess if ya kill a feller, but really liked him, then they would let ya off with a warning.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:53 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,463,432 times
As long as any document has a place on it for Race/color, or anything else like that, there will be problems. Ya can't expect to have equal treatment, when we start off being put in separate boxes from the get go. Gender I can see, due to the rest room situation. But why would Race/color need to be on any document, if we are all just people?

Old 11-02-2009, 08:15 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Tennessee is one of my favorite states. Similar to TX, they do not put someone on Death Row like CA and let them sit till they die of old age.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:27 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flik_becky View Post
Wow! Such ignornace....you think that white people hate other races but none of those races hate other races? Do you really think that light skinned people are not the subject of hate crimes?
You know, it's sad, but many people actually believe that. I know (from personal experience) that's a load of crap.

Take a prison for example, they are divided based on race and I'm pretty sure it's not just the white boys handing out the beat downs.

Wow, some people are so stupid, aren't they?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:32 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
There is no such thing as hate crimes on white people...

Please read "Something of Value" by Robert Ruark, about the Mau Mau uprising in Kenya in the 1950s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates