Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 06:35 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
that's not very nice. I feel I am very Honest. It's just a topic for conversation. Nobody is swearing to tell the truth. Just to share their views on the topic. Your welcome to state yours if you care to. Or you can insult me, I don't really care. well maybe some.
The problem is that just like every other truther, you talk about "asking questions" and "finding the truth," but you've already reached your conclusion. If some piece of evidence doesn't fit your conclusion, you dismiss it outright as "planted" or "faked," or you divert the conversation with "but what about..."

The answers are there, and they make perfect sense. For some reason, though, you want to believe in something much more complex and conspiratorial, and you're not willing to let go of that, regardless of the facts. You grasp onto one word spoken on TV as your smoking gun. ONE WORD. What are we supposed to think about you and the others like you?

The 9/11 attacks are the most scrutinized event in human history. More articles were (and still are being) written about it than anything else - ever. There are thousands, if not millions, of people like you tearing apart every single pixel of every single photo they can find, and spending every other moment of their free time pouring over every article ever written on the subject, and they STILL can't prove anything.

You need to give up on the fantasy, my friend. The "official" story is the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 07:00 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,461,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The problem is that just like every other truther, you talk about "asking questions" and "finding the truth," but you've already reached your conclusion. If some piece of evidence doesn't fit your conclusion, you dismiss it outright as "planted" or "faked," or you divert the conversation with "but what about..."

The answers are there, and they make perfect sense. For some reason, though, you want to believe in something much more complex and conspiratorial, and you're not willing to let go of that, regardless of the facts. You grasp onto one word spoken on TV as your smoking gun. ONE WORD. What are we supposed to think about you and the others like you?

The 9/11 attacks are the most scrutinized event in human history. More articles were (and still are being) written about it than anything else - ever. There are thousands, if not millions, of people like you tearing apart every single pixel of every single photo they can find, and spending every other moment of their free time pouring over every article ever written on the subject, and they STILL can't prove anything.

You need to give up on the fantasy, my friend. The "official" story is the truth.
Oh like you seem to have done with me. You made up your mind already, yet have no clue what I am about. Have a good one.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:59 PM

I just read them, I don't make them up.

Building 7 occupied a block to the north of the World Trade Center Plaza. Its 23rd floor held Mayor Giuliani's Emergency Command Center. This floor had bullet- and bomb-resistant windows, an independent air and water supply, and an unobstructed view of the north faces of both towers. [SIZE=-1] 1 [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] 2 [/SIZE]
The other government agencies with offices in the building were the IRS, the EEOC, the US Secret Service, the SEC, and the CIA.
The private tenants were Salomon Smith Barney, American Express Bank International, Standard Chartered Bank, Provident Financial Management, ITT Hartford Insurance Group, First State Management Group, Inc., Federal Home Loan Bank, and NAIC Securities.
Large numbers of case files for ongoing investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) were reportedly destroyed in the collapse. The Los Angeles Times reported that "substantial files were destroyed" for 3000 to 4000 of the SEC's cases. The EEOC reported that documents for 45 active cases were destroyed. [SIZE=-1] 3 [/SIZE] Before the attack, SEC investigations of corporate fraud by companies such as Enron and Worldcom were the subject of many news reports -- reports that virtually vanished in the wake of the attack.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:17 PM

216 posts, read 343,436 times
Thaskateguy check out thurmite bunch of engineers were asking questions because of traces of nano thurmite found in dust . Thurmite will melt steel . I beleave it was done for lots of different reasons .

We rant and rave about presidents when if you do lots of research you may find they are really just puppets doing what they are told our job is to work and supply the products and money for them that are pulling the strings look up agenda 21 sometime .

Old 11-10-2009, 06:31 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,670,067 times
Quote:
It was spun, not explained. As you are trying to say those small fires melted the main support structures. Ever try to melt steel? I have worked with steel all my life, and no little fire is going to melt it. If that were possible,then every hotel fire, would melt the steel, and cause the building to collapse. Those were the only ones that has ever happened to, anywhere. And there have been lots of building fires. Don't believe everything they feed you. think for your self.
I don't think the point is that the steel "melted".

I too have worked with steel - a lot - back in the day. As you know, you don't have to melt it to move it. It is progressively softened as it gets hotter.

So the question isn't whether the steel melted. The question is at what point the steel - softened by heat - will soften enough to collapse under the incredible weight it's holding.

Old 11-10-2009, 07:30 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawmill Jim View Post
Thaskateguy check out thurmite bunch of engineers were asking questions because of traces of nano thurmite found in dust . Thurmite will melt steel . I beleave it was done for lots of different reasons .

We rant and rave about presidents when if you do lots of research you may find they are really just puppets doing what they are told our job is to work and supply the products and money for them that are pulling the strings look up agenda 21 sometime .
Thermite.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:33 AM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Oh like you seem to have done with me. You made up your mind already, yet have no clue what I am about. Have a good one.
I've made up my mind about you? Absolutely. You're positing the theory that building 7 was "pulled" (intentionally taken down). If you didn't already believe it, you'd have no reason to bring it up. Read your posts on the first page of this thread - what other conclusion am I to draw, based on your own posts?

If I "have no clue" what you're about, and my conclusion above is wrong, then enlighten us to exactly what you are "about" so we can all be on the same page. Based on your own posts in this thread, your position is pretty clear.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:57 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,662 times
That's the problem with conspiracy theories. Theorists make claims that can't be falsified since they are unfalsifiable.

I'd invite anybody to read Bad Astronomy's discussion on the "Moon Hoax" : Phil Plait's Bad Astronomy: Bad TV

This is enlightening especially if you agree that man did land on the moon in July 1969 but think that there is a 9/11 conspiracy. Moon Hoax conspiracy theorists play on the lack of knowledge. "Why are there no stars in the pictures?" "Why was there no blast crater?" Common sense dictates stars should be in pictures taken on the moon and that there should be a blast crater beneath the lunar vehicle. However, we earthbound humans do not have intimate knowledge about taking pictures in space nor do we know about how lunar soil reacts in an atmosphere-less environment. Theorists play on that weakness.

Anyway, I'd go on with my anti-9/11 conspiracy view, but just wanted to point out something I thought of after reading Thaskateguy's post on page 3 (the one with all the pictures).

There was talk about how one of the buildings "looked like it was a controlled demolition." I would agree. It did look like that. Without being a structural expert WITH knowledge of how a 100-story building reacts in those circumstances, I would agree entirely.

But, just like any good conspiracy theorist, they only focus on evidence that supports their theory and ignore evidence that is contrary.

So, how come one building fell in a controlled demolition and the other fell like someone had unzipped it?

Contrary evidence is not that easy to ignore, is it?

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/january2006/050106seven1.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-10-2009, 09:04 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
We had a gasoline truck crash around here a while back, right under a bridge. The heat softened the steel enough to warp the bridge girders enough that it sagged and had to be replaced.

If there had been traffic stuck on the bridge it would have collapsed and not just sagged. (Happened late at night)

But hey, this is impossible right?

Old 11-10-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawmill Jim View Post

thanks Jim, I'm also up on the columns being cut at 45 deg. angles with Thermite. but thanks for the heads up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates