Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 09:18 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,757,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
And how is that different than most of the Popes? The very embodiment of Christ on Earth?
For the most part, there is no difference in the history of Popes ... especially in the Middle Ages to circa 1600 . A Pope being 'the very embodiment of Christ' to be adored and worshipped is only the madeup tradition of Roman Catholicism ; it isnt found in biblical Christianity and no Man is the head of the Church --- that honor has and always will go to Christ alone .

How is it different for atheism and its Leaders throut history ?

Old 11-16-2009, 09:23 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,764,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post

How is it different for atheism and its Leaders throut history ?
Who is the current "leader" of Atheism?

If Americans and Arabs were all atheists, how would things be different?

Old 11-16-2009, 10:03 PM

45,400 posts, read 26,983,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
If Christ did come back, as promised, I fear we would stone Him to death this time. Or water board Him. People have not made one step forward.
Agreed on that point. Thankfully that is not in the works.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:13 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,271,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Guess what the irony of this is. According to the Justice Department, there are 129 comfirmed terrorists who are non-Muslim Americans. There are about 19 confirmed terrorists who are Muslims.[QUOTE] Terrorism has been in this nation for a long time. The people on the slave patrols who would try to catch slaves trying to escape to freedom. The KKK, the oldest(and longest-running) terrorist organization killing thousands upon thousands of people, and not just African-Americans, but Jews, and Catholics too. You have plenty of terrorists in this nation doing crap. Eric Rudolph bombed family planning centers and he was responsible for the Summer 1996 Olympics bombing in Atlanta. Ted Kaczynski committed bombings for 2 decades before he was turned in. I don't know how many generations removed he is from immigrant relatives, but I don't see anyone trying to stop immigration from Poland just because of him(and you shouldn't do it on account of him either). Tim McVeigh, responsible for the OKC bombing in 1995, kiiling innocent people, children included. I didn't see anyone complain about White Americans(and you shouldn't. It was those particular individuals). If you want to stop Muslim immigration based on acts of terrorism committed by a few Muslims, then you have to do the same to everyone else too.
Of course, their home grown! I think the OP was referring to the millions of extremists around the world who would like to destroy us, including Black Americans.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:36 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,618,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Christianity teaches the same thing.

Nazis used Christianity to kill people. We have had Christian extremists kill Americans as recently as just a few years ago. I didn't hear anyone calling for a ban of Christian immigrants.
Ridiculous and wrong. If you think that Islam and Christianity are essentially the same in this regard, you don't know anything about either religion.

And how long is it going to take for people to stop repeating this idiotic claim that Hitler was a Christian, and that Nazism was some sort of Christian sect? Sheesh, how about getting some facts straight before going on rants like this?

Regarding the OP... I'm for stricter immigration laws for EVERYONE, not just Muslims. Pursuing the American Dream is one thing. Trying to turn America into another Mexico, or trying to institute Sharia Law, is quite another.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

Way to twist and distort what he said. How typical of you.

Was Pol Pot an atheist? Or what was his "religion"? Was Josef Stalin an atheist? If not, what was his "religion"?

See how easy that is?

Old 11-17-2009, 07:08 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,757,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

Modern Leaders of Atheism were Stalin, Musillini , and Hitler (The 20th century was the bloodiest in history) . Todays Leader of militant Atheism are such people as Prof. Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens with an agenda to proslytize while denouncing (very obvious) Intelligent Design Creationism and Christianity .

If Americans and Arabs were all atheists, then theyd be commrades with a justifiable excuse to live in moral squalor., and they would still go to war with each other....even though there are no 'atheists' in Fox Holes

Old 11-17-2009, 07:20 AM

25,482 posts, read 18,612,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
And how long is it going to take for people to stop repeating this idiotic claim that Hitler was a Christian, and that Nazism was some sort of Christian sect? Sheesh, how about getting some facts straight before going on rants like this?
This is what is taught in revisionist history these days in school. And you can bet the kiddies are lapping it up without even a question. They are so trusting of those they look up to. Pity.

They need only go back to the original, first-hand documents and accounts in order to dispel this myth. but they don't. Once a lie is repeated so many times, it soon becomes accepted as truth. In Hitler's own words (paraphrased): it's easier to fool the people with a big lie than it is with a small one.

They are also being taught to be tolerant of everyone and everything, besides Christianity and their own culture. They are taught that we are evil and are responsible for what our forefathers did. Even I (in my forties) got a bit of that in high school. Luckily, I’ve never really trusted anyone (in education) unless I could verify it elsewhere and I’ve never really been willing to accept responsibility for anything that I have not personally done or caused. To do otherwise is simple insanity and stupidity.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
This is what is taught in revisionist history these days in school. And you can bet the kiddies are lapping it up without even a question. They are so trusting of those they look up to. Pity.

They need only go back to the original, first-hand documents and accounts in order to dispel this myth. but they don't. Once a lie is repeated so many times, it soon becomes accepted as truth. In Hitler's own words (paraphrased): it's easier to fool the people with a big lie than it is with a small one.

They are also being taught to be tolerant of everyone and everything, besides Christianity and their own culture. They are taught that we are evil and are responsible for what our forefathers did. Even I (in my forties) got a bit of that in high school. Luckily, I’ve never really trusted anyone (in education) unless I could verify it elsewhere and I’ve never really been willing to accept responsibility for anything that I have not personally done or caused. To do otherwise is simple insanity and stupidity.
You're right.

Hitler was a devout Christian.
The Crusades happened without provocation.
Bush & Cheney personally filled the Twin Towers with explosives and detonated them.

It is absolutely amazing - both what is being taught, and what is being believed. I guess that's what happens when people are too lazy to double-check what's being spoon fed to us.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:49 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,452,494 times
All I know, is what I read in the Funny Papers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.