Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 09:42 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I agree completely. I was reared way below the poverty line. The hardships that I endured motivated me. I joined the Army and used the G.I. Bill to get an education.
Yes, anybody could have done that. Your basic intelligence had nothing to do with it. Now here you are, writing complete sentences, grammatically correct. Half the people in the country have IQ below 100. Could they all have done what you did?

It really disgusts me the way smart people just can't understand why everybody else is not smart. And then the best thing you can think of to do with your intellect is kick dumb people in the ass and blame them for not being achievers.

All men are created equal does not mean that all men have an IQ of 100.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 10:03 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,394,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Yes, anybody could have done that
. That's not at all true--it not only takes alittle bit of intelligence; it takes drive, self confidence, and a sense of honor.
Quote:
Your basic intelligence had nothing to do with it.
nnnnot true...
Quote:
Now here you are, writing complete sentences, grammatically correct.
Don't insult.
Quote:
Half the people in the country have IQ below 100.
So what?
Quote:
Could they all have done what you did?
Some could.
Quote:
It really disgusts me the way smart people just can't understand why everybody else is not smart.
Why?
Quote:
And then the best thing you can think of to do with your intellect is kick dumb people in the ass and blame them for not being achievers.
The reason they get kicked in the ass is not because they aree dumb, but because the ones who "can't" achieve are lazy.
Quote:
All men are created equal does not mean that all men have an IQ of 100.
Actually that quote has to do with natural liberties, not abilities.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
. the ones who "can't" achieve are lazy.
Right. Everybody is a doctor or a physicist except the people too lazy to do it. Every boy can play in the NFL except the lazy ones. Everybody can be a concert violinist except the lazy ones. Every draftee in the army can be a five star general except the lazy ones. Nobody is born with what it takes to be a supermodel, but nearly all girls are too lazy to do it.

You and people like yourself have completely destroyed what once was on the way to becoming a great country. I hope your proud of yourself. 99.9% of us are too lazy to amount to anything, and that's why 0.1% control all the wealth and keep it all for themselves.

How do we form a utopia, when we are obstructed every step of the way by people like you who have so much hatred and contempt for the majority of your fellow citizens who do not have your narcissistic delusions of grandeur? And just write them all off as lazy and say to hell with them, they deserve nothing, and least of all, dignity.

Last edited by jtur88; 12-22-2009 at 12:01 AM..

Old 12-22-2009, 06:29 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,457 times
There is no such thing as a "social utopia".

Old 12-22-2009, 06:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Dumb, stupid and lazy are descriptors used to keep too many people from challenging the privileged. I wonder just how many of the privileged are too dumb, stupid or lazy to anything but party on their family's money instead of becoming a success on their own.

I consider these fortunate people to be very, very smart. They get the benefits of wealth without having to work or be responsible. If I ever won a big lottery I would spend the rest of my life spending it.

There is no utopia because the people that run the show already live in one and you and I are not invited.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
You and people like yourself have completely destroyed what once was on the way to becoming a great country.
Wow...I have a lot of power! I didn't know that.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Wow...I have a lot of power! I didn't know that.
It's the power of the gullible majority that backs you up.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
It's the power of the gullible majority that backs you up.
Thank God for them!

Old 12-22-2009, 01:02 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
Quote:
Right. Everybody is a doctor or a physicist except the people too lazy to do it.
That's absurd. It is based on a fallacious premise - that being that you have to be a doctor or physicist to be successful. Its absurdity is multiplied by the fact that most lazy people simply do not succeed in doing much of anything but being lazy.

The real problem comes when lazy people - who could actually go do something beneficial with themselves - sit on their butts and gripe about all the money doctors and physicists make. They go on to rant about how lucky, or greedy, said doctors or physicists are.

Too many people want what they believe to be the trappings of success, without lifting a finger to make it happen.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Thank God for them!

Have you noticed that the OP asks how come we do NOT have a utopia, and your reply is "thank God".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates