Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 07:04 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,078 times

Advertisements

without her boyfriend or husband's awareness?
In a case where a man is anxiously waiting for the long arrival of his kid and is happy about it only to find out the woman abort it for no reason at all behind his back. She just didn't want to have the kid no more but never inform the man, instead kept lying to him about it until the truth was found out.

Can something be done in a terrible case like this? Reminded me of The Godfather movie, the man punched her once across the face when he finds out what she did. Not right but yeah I can see how upsetting that would be (one classmate at school said he would have done the same before leaving her).
Yes it's her body but what about the poor man who thought he was going to be a father?

Old 12-17-2009, 07:13 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
He can go and impregnate somebody else.

Most marriages will fail. Lucky for him, he found out this one would, before it was too late.

Lucky for her, she won't be there the next time he punches a woman, or the time after that.

I still don't predict that either of them will live very happily ever after. I do predict that the moderator will move this to Relationships Forum.

Last edited by jtur88; 12-17-2009 at 07:22 PM..

Old 12-17-2009, 07:32 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
without her boyfriend or husband's awareness?
In a case where a man is anxiously waiting for the long arrival of his kid and is happy about it only to find out the woman abort it for no reason at all behind his back. She just didn't want to have the kid no more but never inform the man, instead kept lying to him about it until the truth was found out.

Can something be done in a terrible case like this? Reminded me of The Godfather movie, the man punched her once across the face when he finds out what she did. Not right but yeah I can see how upsetting that would be (one classmate at school said he would have done the same before leaving her).
Yes it's her body but what about the poor man who thought he was going to be a father?
Her body, her choice. At least for the first trimester.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:39 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
He can go and impregnate somebody else.

Most marriages will fail. Lucky for him, he found out this one would, before it was too late.

Lucky for her, she won't be there the next time he punches a woman, or the time after that.

I still don't predict that either of them will live very happily ever after. I do predict that the moderator will move this to Relationships Forum.

Your personal catharsis not withstanding, there are several problems here.

First and foremost, we're talking about a pre-born human being - not a turd you simply flush down the toilet.

Second, there are two people responsible for that life, not just one.

Third, the overwhelming majority of women who obtain abortions have several mental & physical health issues afterwards. That is not a decision that should be made by sneaking around behind people's backs.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:44 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,057 times
See, what I find funny is that.. a woman is able to do this. She is able to be pregnant and get rid of it or put it up for adoption or whatever REGARDLESS of whatever the father wants. He may be excited but "it's her body, her choice"..well, that's fine.. but why is it if SHE'S excited, and HE doesn't want to be a father.. he is S.O.L. and he is a "dead beat" and gets sued and gets forced into taking care of it.

How is that fair?

Old 12-17-2009, 09:05 PM

127 posts, read 312,089 times
My friend who is from South America married an American and moved here to California. At that time, she spoke no English, didn't know anybody here in the US, didn't drive, etc. She got pregnant. Her husband who didn't want kids, told her that she had to get an abortion or she would be out on the street. So she had the abortion.
What I am saying is that it can go both ways.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:10 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.rain View Post
My friend who is from South America married an American and moved here to California. At that time, she spoke no English, didn't know anybody here in the US, didn't drive, etc. She got pregnant. Her husband who didn't want kids, told her that she had to get an abortion or she would be out on the street. So she had the abortion.
What I am saying is that it can go both ways.
Yeah that sucks too. Selfishness is one trait in us humans isn't it? I bet he would be seen as a pig but not a woman who aborted the child while the poor man is unaware.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Your personal catharsis not withstanding,

Your pathological insistence on turning every thread into your fun little ego-boosting psychonalysis of the poster, based on your childish assumption that everyone speaks only from his own personal experience and reflects the same self-interest that plagues your own objectivity, is way out of line and probably a violation of the guidelines and is certainly a violation of common decency.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:00 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Your pathological insistence on turning every thread into your fun little ego-boosting psychonalysis of the poster, based on your childish assumption that everyone speaks only from his own personal experience and reflects the same self-interest that plagues your own objectivity, is way out of line and probably a violation of the guidelines and is certainly a violation of common decency.
A nerve was obviously touched.

Now... Do you have anything that actually relates to the OP?

Old 12-17-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
A nerve was obviously touched.

Now... Do you have anything that actually relates to the OP?
Of course. Let's keep talking about my personal catharsis, which clearly relates to the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates