U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 10:01 AM

324 posts, read 493,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
regarding race and crime-----

I have spent a lot of time researching areas of the south for retirement re-location.
All my research was done on southern cities smaller than 15.000 that caught my interest. I , frankly, am not concerned about a city/town's racial mix. but will not move to a town with a high crime rate.

Here is what I have found--------

The biggest indicator of a high crime rate is the % of blacks living there.
The higher the percent of blacks, the higher the crime index rate.

When using city-data Detailed Profile, I have found this to be true in the vast majority of the hundreds of cities/towns I have reserched.

Why is this ?

I have noticed this indicator to be true even when the poverty levels are the same, educational levels are the same.

It just seems any small , southern town/city that has over 25% blacks has a crime index higher than what I want.

The most telling indicator and my conclusions---

90% white
10% black-------crime rate at or near national average

70% white
30% black--------crime rate much higher than national average

over and over and over, I have observed that.
It is so prevelant that once I see the racial breakdown of small .southern towns. I already know what to expect in regards to the crime index regardless of the poverty and education demographics of that city.

Why the corelation that happens over and over in smaller towns ?
You'll get all kinds of BS to the above. People are brainwashed by the diversity/multiculturalism doctrine. They refuse to even consider the possibility, that some hispanics and especially blacks could be the way they are because they have it in genes!
All scientists, whos results were pointing to this conclusion were immediatelly labeled racists, attacked/harrased/discriminated/fired...
So much for the freedom.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:28 AM

8,668 posts, read 6,342,850 times
Well, I think one has to look at things in a historical framework. In other words, we have to look at the history of humanity, or at least the known history. I think with over 2000 years of human history, we should be using all of it to gain a better understanding. There has been no change or major mutation in humans’ genetics and biology over the last 20,000 years. In other words, we are who we were.

When one looks at the white or European history, one certainly cannot conclude that it has not been one filled with violence. I mean, this is the continent that gave birth to the term “barbarians”. This is the continent that had so many forms of torture in the dark ages, in an attempt to scare people out of their criminal propensities. Hence, I don’t think people of European ancestry have had a genetic transformation that now makes them less prone to violence than those non-Europeans, in particular, Africans.

When whites were all in Europe, the masses of people were oppressed by the aristocracy. Consequently, the social impact of that oppression manifested in the ways that it manifests in socially oppressed groups in the new world. There were certain segments and groups of European society that were the “black people”, even though they were white. They were castigated, denigrated and segregated, just as blacks have traditionally been in the new world. These oppressed people often turned to crime and lawlessness as it became a self fulfilling prophecy. People who lives are not valued soon learn not to value life. Peoples who rights are not valued soon learn to not value and respect law.

The condition of white people took a big leap forward when the left Europe and colonized the new world where “white” took on its meaning of “superiority” and that all others were to be seen as inferior. This is when white criminal behavior improved. It was not until they found the wealth of other peoples land and labor that it freed whites up to behave more “civilized” and “Superior”.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:16 AM

626 posts, read 1,085,017 times
Please take a moment to define what you believe to be a crime.

As of right now, most of the comments speaking to high crime rates in Black neighborhoods, are not defining what the crimes being committed are. A crime is action that goes against the benefit of the public welfare; there are crimes in areas of higher income and there are crimes in areas of lower income and there are crimes across all neighborhoods.

If we are talking about crime, let's include fraud, embezzlement, tax evasion, speeding, etc. and let's see how it breaks down across the economic, educational, and racial lines.

Any comments stating or inferring that Blacks and Latinos commit crime because it is inherent in their nature are just plain ignorant. Crime has less to do with race or genetics and has more to do with access to wealth and resources.

After emancipation, many Blacks migrated to larger cities where they could find jobs and members of their families. However, after generations of oppression, access to education and well paying jobs was not available to the majority. Take into consideration that in response to the influx of Blacks into the cities, many city governments created segregated sections of town where the new residents could only reside. This does not only apply to cities in the south but it also applies to cities in the north, with Chicago being a prime example.

Some generations were provided means to obtain higher education and loans to create and operate small businesses; but many descendants of the slaves were caught up in the Jim Crowe policies that continued to suppress residents of these predominately Black neighborhoods. With the lack of wealth, educational opportunities, and political power, certain crimes became a means to garner additional resources for one's family. Selling drugs or stealing a car is a means of generating income; beating or killing a rival is a means to protect your territory. Do I believe that crime is the best way to get ahead in life? No. But to some people, they justify it as a way to survive.

Black children don't pop out of the womb with the propensity to rob their OB/GYN and shank the nurse.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:37 AM

155 posts, read 238,084 times
there will always be crime no matter who lives there
crime is apart of the human history and culture as a whole
there is crime in places like bel-air and etc and it goes on inside of the houses
drugs and crime are every where

Old 01-03-2010, 11:39 AM

155 posts, read 238,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpan View Post
You'll get all kinds of BS to the above. People are brainwashed by the diversity/multiculturalism doctrine. They refuse to even consider the possibility, that some hispanics and especially blacks could be the way they are because they have it in genes!
All scientists, whos results were pointing to this conclusion were immediatelly labeled racists, attacked/harrased/discriminated/fired...
So much for the freedom.
uh i'm an aa and i don't have that in my genes uh what about the ted bundy's and etc
crime has no color

Old 01-03-2010, 11:45 AM

3,803 posts, read 4,806,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
hard for me to color code it. if i do then i become part of the problem. i like to think of it in terms of clint eastwood movies-- when an entire town goes bad, every member is either a crook or supporting one, then there is nothing to redeem.
can't rep you but you r on target---am living in an area that is 80% blue collar white and crime is rampant locally--including a very corrupt judicial system(feds r having a field day here)----the most common crime involves embezzling money from the local church,social service,and fire dept.agencies(these people get NO jail time just a slap on the wrist.I miss my old multi ethnic neighbor hood

Old 01-03-2010, 12:23 PM

8,293 posts, read 22,466,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpan View Post
So much for the freedom.
One main problem (among many) with that comment is that by your line of reasoning, NO blacks or Hispanics should be able to be anything BUT criminals and low-life thugs.

And that's simply not true.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:07 PM

626 posts, read 1,085,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
One main problem (among many) with that comment is that by your line of reasoning, NO blacks or Hispanics should be able to be anything BUT criminals and low-life thugs.

And that's simply not true.
Quite right. I'm Black (biracial) and I have a law degree and I have never been arrested or charged with a crime. Have I committed a crime? Technically yes, I have driven over the speed limit many times, but so have most drivers on the road. Yet, I have never received any traffic violation in my life.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:18 PM

8,293 posts, read 22,466,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Siobhan View Post
Quite right. I'm Black (biracial) and I have a law degree and I have never been arrested or charged with a crime. Have I committed a crime? Technically yes, I have driven over the speed limit many times, but so have most drivers on the road. Yet, I have never received any traffic violation in my life.
Right.

Both the manager and assistant manager at my bank are black women. They're fantastic - both competent and friendly! Frankly, I'm around so many smart and successful blacks that I don't even really notice it any more. I take it for granted.

It's not genetics.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:26 PM

9,807 posts, read 12,906,251 times
I also think it's a " cop out" when people say-------" all places have crime"

Sure , and all places have humidity in summer but it's a whole lot worse in some areas compared to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates