U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 06:37 PM

1,071 posts, read 696,854 times
Default Same -sex -marriages

Please understand that I am not against the legalization of same-sex-marriages.

What I am mainly concern is the adoption process of children, and what impact the North American Man/Boy Association, better known as NAMBLA, will have once gays earn the right to adopt. What are your thoughts on this topic? Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 06:41 PM

17,680 posts, read 16,471,565 times
Gays have no desire for young boy sex as much as you or I do. Gays prefer sex with other consenting adults.

These are 2 different issues.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:44 PM

23,870 posts, read 10,629,979 times
Being a homosexual, doesn't make you a pedophile. Is someone who rapes little girls straight?

Most often, those who are pedophiles are usually single, or married men. Most pedophiles aren't homosexual, or outed homosexuals.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:44 PM

2,307 posts, read 2,984,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post

What I am mainly concern is the adoption process of children, and what impact the North American Man/Boy Association, better known as NAMBLA, will have once gays earn the right to adopt. What are your thoughts on this topic? Thank you,
I'm pretty sure it will still be illegal to adopt a kid to have a sexual relationship with it, so there's not much of a problem there.
Again, 2 separate issues.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:57 PM

9,648 posts, read 6,735,048 times
two COMPLETELY different issues. to equate the two in the same sentence is wrong on many levels. gay people are not pedophiles. gay people adopt children now without being married and when they can marry legally, they will adopt children for the same reason they do now. to be a family and to raise a child in a loving family. you must have a wrong impression about gays to think such a thing.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:18 PM

8,294 posts, read 14,019,603 times
I am heterosexual, and do not find myself wanting to have sex with young girls. I would assume that the same is true for homosexuals not wanting to have sex with young boys.

But is it true? Apparently that is something that is hotly debated - and people on both sides of the debate seem to have some rather compelling evidence to support their beliefs.

It's kind of like the fact that homosexuals are far more apt to have far more sexual partners than heterosexuals. But is that because they are denied marriage and civil rights, or is because they are simply - by nature - more promiscuous. I don't know.

On the other hand, a high number of adoptive heterosexual fathers end up molesting their adopted daughters (or step-daughters).

I guess my primary concern is protecting children, and I'm not sure what the best way to do that is.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:27 PM

981 posts, read 184,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I am heterosexual, and do not find myself wanting to have sex with young girls. I would assume that the same is true for homosexuals not wanting to have sex with young boys.

But is it true? Apparently that is something that is hotly debated - and people on both sides of the debate seem to have some rather compelling evidence to support their beliefs.

It's kind of like the fact that homosexuals are far more apt to have far more sexual partners than heterosexuals. But is that because they are denied marriage and civil rights, or is because they are simply - by nature - more promiscuous. I don't know.

On the other hand, a high number of adoptive heterosexual fathers end up molesting their adopted daughters (or step-daughters).

I guess my primary concern is protecting children, and I'm not sure what the best way to do that is.
I've highlighted the most important parts of your post. The rest is just indecisive, meandering filler.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:28 PM

4,466 posts, read 5,024,830 times
This is from wikipedia
Quote:
Today

More recently, media reports have suggested that for practical purposes the group no longer exists and that it consists only of a web site maintained by a few enthusiasts. NAMBLA maintains a web site that shows addresses in New York and San Francisco and a phone contact in New York, and offers publications for sale, including the NAMBLA Bulletin.
Link: North American Man/Boy Love Association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the full article you can read that the FBI revealed they had 1100 member in 1995, the organization has gotten smaller and smaller ever since.

In other words, your concerns about Same sex marriage are founded upon an organization with, at most, a handful of members?

Really? Did you even bother to find out what exactly this now fallen organization claims to fight for, and their membership numbers?

Old 01-09-2010, 07:30 PM

981 posts, read 184,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latina7 View Post

Why would the title of this thread indicate same-sex marriages if that's not what the topic is truly about?

You are worried if gays will molest/rape the kids they adopt. That is your concern. Wonderful.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:31 PM

8,294 posts, read 14,019,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
I've highlighted the most important parts of your post. The rest is just indecisive, meandering filler.
I've bolded the intelligent part of your post. The rest is just nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates