Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 11:40 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,178,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Yes, THAT is a tabloid rag! How anybody can believe the BBC any more than they'd believe The National Enquirer is beyond me. No wonder there are so many stupid people in the world!
But they have those cool British accents, of course they are correct when they have a cool accent. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 11:41 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,372,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The latest census bureau number of 46.6 million without insurance, and that was from 2005, a year in which there was a significant increase over previous years, which gives us five years of undocumented Americans who have lost their jobs (and of course their insurance) in the meantime. That would very easily swell the number to near 50-million. In addition, there are 5-million Americans living overseas, who mostly have no insurance that will cover them while abroad. That would bring the number to the 55-million neighborhood. Many of those Americans chose to live abroad precisely because they could not affort the cost of medical care or insurance stateside. Many of those are disgruntled Vietnam and Desert vets, who discovered when they got home that the VA reneged on agreements to provide medical care after discharge.

All of which is BS because Master Genius Omaha Rocks, sitting in his living room, securely insulated from the real world, says it is.
Yep.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
But they have those cool British accents, of course they are correct when they have a cool accent. :-)
Aye. It's called the BBC English accent (unless it's in Scotland or Wales). Personally I prefer the less snooty BBC Scotland accents. I guess the fact they are respected around the world - except in Omaha - and have been around since 1922 is irrelevant. The BBC World Service is heard in 32 languages and has a weekly audience of 188 million people around the world. But, yea, Omaha says it's a rag so it must be.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:16 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,594,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Don't forget the rotten, brown teeth and adolescent mustaches.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
He's never heard of the BBC! Guess he leads a sheltered life and has zero interest in anything outside of the wheatfields of Nebraska.
YAWN. More of your small-minded insults.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinscotland View Post
The sources used on the BBC were US politicians.

BTW, the census bureau numbers are from 2007 and in case you haven't noticed many millions have lost jobs and health insurance in the last couple of years.
Now you're backpeddling and making up more ridiculous lies.

The BBC has proven itself to be a crap tabloid. The fact that - when presented with the raw numbers that PROVE that - you still cannot open your little mind to the truth is an indictment on you.

If the BBC told you that the moon was made of cheese, would you believe that too? Or that there's a giant statue of Elvis on Mars?

Old 02-10-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The latest census bureau number of 46.6 million without insurance, and that was from 2005, a year in which there was a significant increase over previous years, which gives us five years of undocumented Americans who have lost their jobs (and of course their insurance) in the meantime. That would very easily swell the number to near 50-million. In addition, there are 5-million Americans living overseas, who mostly have no insurance that will cover them while abroad. That would bring the number to the 55-million neighborhood. Many of those Americans chose to live abroad precisely because they could not affort the cost of medical care or insurance stateside. Many of those are disgruntled Vietnam and Desert vets, who discovered when they got home that the VA reneged on agreements to provide medical care after discharge.

All of which is BS because Master Genius Omaha Rocks, sitting in his living room, securely insulated from the real world, says it is.
Actually, you need to get your information right. This, of course, isn't the first time that's the case.

That 46 million number was from 2007, not 2005.

In addition, the Census Bureau openly admitted that they added nearly 10 million to the actual 36 million just because they didn't know how many illegal immigrants might not have private health insurance.

But hey, it's okay. You've got your welfare checks rolling in. You're living off the public dole. There are 10 Americans working and paying taxes so that you can have free health care, be unemployed, and BS on the internet all day. What do you care? You aren't the one paying for anything. You're on the public dole. You HAVE to campaign for more government handouts!

Old 02-10-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Don't forget the rotten, brown teeth and adolescent mustaches.
And you have the nerve to call me childish??

Old 02-10-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
YAWN. More of your small-minded insults.
You've heard of pot calling kettle black?

Old 02-10-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Now you're backpeddling and making up more ridiculous lies.

The BBC has proven itself to be a crap tabloid.
Yea, right. What drugs do you take?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates