Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:52 PM

798 posts, read 1,460,434 times

Advertisements

I think most ppl should know the real thing about Homosexuality roots and why the reparative therapy has been attacked by certain groups.

First of all, they are not anti-gay..They just are helping to those who DO NOT WANT to be part of gay world through the "reparative therapy" and it doesn't have anything to do with what this guy mentioned about electric shocks or cuddling etc... It's a very deep knowledge of yourself combined with a information bombing to re-learn a new way; therefore, it makes you acquainted of the big gay deception and its lies. Anti-Gay?! NARTH President Addresses Misperceptions about NARTH

Those ones who DO WANT to be gay could make the "affirmative therapy".

I think the big issue here is not feeling accepted himself or not. Being gay or not being gay. NO, The big issue here is about your NEEDS!!!!! .
What are your needs? Do you want to feel loved? Do you want to find a steady life and partner? Do you want to raise a family? Do you want to feel accepted naturally and recognized by others? Do you want to have real friends? Do you want to feel self esteem? Do you want to be a social person? Do you want to appreciate the beauty of life and gain the affection from others?

Hey, come on ! Gay-lifestyle do not offer this. Most of them are unstable because they just don't know how to held a relationship for more than three months. Gay lifestyle promotes promiscuity as the solution of their problems. Also, those ones who came up with to do it don't last more than three years in average. And that is because they turn bored quickly and include a third party in their bed to save their sunken and neurotic relationships since they are based in sex.

In gay world friendship only exists if you get lay down with them, if not they lose interest. It turns all about use other bodies as objects and treat urs as another one. And speaking about self steem most of them confuse it with narcissism or ego-centrism, a way to cover their inferiority complex. Most of them lives in the darkness even when those days are being more accepted than in the past, and also they live in a uncover hostility since Homosexuality was born from a wound.
If you notice in detail , u'll find that they are not really happy in deep. Another thing is that it exists homophobia even among them.

But of course, not all gays are like that. There are just a few ones who are struggling with their lonely trying to find that "Mr. Right" or that "love" who will save them from that hell. However, Mr Right is a often myth, it simply doesn't exist. And if they are lucky to find a good guy, it's extremely hard that this relationship last since it's based in just sex attraction. But what happen when the attraction finishes? They are just prepared to find out the "next" partner. It's also curious to find abusive behavior in those couples who claim they are madly in love.

The true is that most gays are melodramatic, one of many Homosexuality traits, when somebody mentions these things calling him homophobic.

Those who think that that is happiness can be like that for the rest of their life. But those ones who don't feel well because their needs are unattended DON'T HAVE TO BE GAY...

Where the heck this controversy was born from?

THE HIDDEN TRUTH ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY AND WHAT HAPPENED IN 1973 IN THE APA (American Psychiatric Association) .

The A.P.A. Normalization of Homosexuality, and the Research Study of Irving Bieber

I'd like to share with you a Dr. Nicolosi's video to understand more the picture. http://www.youtube.com/user/josephnicolosi

Last edited by angelscorpio; 06-30-2010 at 08:17 PM..

Old 07-01-2010, 03:29 AM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,098,681 times
I don't really take many things seriously that say "The Hidden Truth of This or That." Give me a break… Not to mention not only did the APA remove homosexuality as abnormal, but institutes all over the world and the US and Canada. So give me a break… The title might as well read "The Hidden Truth of the Roswell Alien Crash." Just more propaganda and another crazy fringe conspiracy theory. It's normal… It happens… Just accept it as it is and move on. If you're not LGBT, I don't think it should matter anyhow. If you are, than just live your life. I think we all spend way too much time putting our noses in other peoples business. Sexuality is more than black & white. It's quite interesting. No one chooses to be LGBT. Just like no one chooses to be straight.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:37 AM

32 posts, read 62,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscorpio View Post
I think most ppl should know the real thing about Homosexuality roots and why the reparative therapy has been attacked by certain groups.

Moderator cut: Remainder of quoted post deleted.

This post is an insult. It demeans, belittles and speaks derogatorily. It also perpetuates misleading "facts" masquerading as truth. In short, this post is dangerous and ill-serving.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-01-2010 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: No need to quote the entire post.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:46 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscorpio View Post

Moderator cut: Deleting extraneous text

Hey, come on ! Gay-lifestyle do not offer this. Most of them are unstable because they just don't know how to held a relationship for more than three months. Gay lifestyle promotes promiscuity as the solution of their problems. Also, those ones who came up with to do it don't last more than three years in average. And that is because they turn bored quickly and include a third party in their bed to save their sunken and neurotic relationships since they are based in sex.

In gay world friendship only exists if you get lay down with them, if not they lose interest. It turns all about use other bodies as objects and treat urs as another one. And speaking about self steem most of them confuse it with narcissism or ego-centrism, a way to cover their inferiority complex. Most of them lives in the darkness even when those days are being more accepted than in the past, and also they live in a uncover hostility since Homosexuality was born from a wound.

If you notice in detail , u'll find that they are not really happy in deep. Another thing is that it exists homophobia even among them.

But of course, not all gays are like that. There are just a few ones who are struggling with their lonely trying to find that "Mr. Right" or that "love" who will save them from that hell. However, Mr Right is a often myth, it simply doesn't exist. And if they are lucky to find a good guy, it's extremely hard that this relationship last since it's based in just sex attraction. But what happen when the attraction finishes? They are just prepared to find out the "next" partner. It's also curious to find abusive behavior in those couples who claim they are madly in love.

Moderator cut: Deleted extraneous text
1. Yes, they are anti-gay. When your position is that homosexuality is a defect and that is your starting point-your anti-gay. You might not like they way it sounds but that is precisely what it means.

2. The NARTH website link that you gave is quoting a 2007 study by Mark Yarmouth and Stanton Jones. Mark Yarmouth is a professor at Pat Robertson's Regent University. Stanton Jones is a prof at Wheaton College. The data that they released is flawed and has been acknowledged as flawed. Do you know why? In fact, the studies that are shown have been cherry picked.

3. Everything above that is underlined is not fact, it is opinion.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-01-2010 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: Reduced amount of quoted text

Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,306,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelscorpio

Moderator cut: Deleted extraneous text

I am not gay and I admit that I personally do not understand same sex attraction.

Having said that, I believe you have written a bigotted, homophobic post that attempts to masquerade behind a "pseudo-intellectual" mask or facade.

I believe that sexuality is largely (if not totally) determined by genes. As proof, I would offer the fact that given the level of prejudice, bigotry, and hatred that stills exists in some corners of America when it comes to gay people, I think almost no one would voluntarily "choose" that lifestyle.

I think you have spent an inordinate amount of time attempting to convince yourself and others of facts contrary to mountains of scientific evidence. Anyone who would go to the lengths you have gone to extrapolate the studies that "prove" your minority position is anything, but open-minded.

You do not seem to understand that whether people lead a "straight" or "gay" lifestyle is no business of yours.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-01-2010 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: Please use the "quote" function for clarity's sake

Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
There are many people who honestly believe homosexuality/lesbianism is wrong, yet they are not angry, hateful or antagonistic towards gay people.

It is entirely possible to believe that what somebody is doing is wrong, yet not hate that person.
Homosexuality isn't something you "do", it's something you are. "Homosexual" means being attracted to your own sex--you can be a virgin and be gay. Or, you can have sex with your own gender occasionally, but it doesn't mean you are gay, just as a gay man can have sex with a woman but it doesn't make him "straight".

Quote:
Nature would never create a being that seeks to have sex in a way that does not produce offspring. Nature is all about propagating the species
But all kinds of traits that do not directly propagate the species are passed on. Does having outstanding musical talent propagate the species? I doubt it (unless someone is so enthralled by your musical talent, they marry you!). Yet, musical talent certainly exists and is genetic.

Anyway, there are many theories that say while homosexuality does not directly lead to propagation, it could in fact be a biological benefit to the family members (who share a gene pool, thus increasing the chances of spreading that gene pool). Having some members of a "tribe" (remember, we're going back to caveman days, or actually to other species) who are available to hunt and gather without the "distractions" of reproducing are good for a tribal unit, since they add to the "intake" but do not produce resource-using children. To put it in more modern terms, kids with gay uncles stand to inherit more money/stuff than kids who have a lot of cousins. The extra resources that the childless members bring in might in fact be a benefit that causes some families to prosper over time, as opposed to those family units where everyone has their own children to take care of or leave things to.

The higher the adult/child ratio, generally the better quality of life a child will have and in caveman days, that means more adults to protect the child from predators, to find food, etc. So having a supply of adults who aren't looking after children, and can instead provide incremental benefit to the whole tribe, is in fact an evolutionary advantage for relatives of homosexual individuals.

Quote:
In gay world friendship only exists if you get lay down with them, if not they lose interest. It turns all about use other bodies as objects and treat urs as another one. And speaking about self steem most of them confuse it with narcissism or ego-centrism, a way to cover their inferiority complex. Most of them lives in the darkness even when those days are being more accepted than in the past, and also they live in a uncover hostility since Homosexuality was born from a wound. If you notice in detail , u'll find that they are not really happy in deep.
And you know so much about what goes on among gay people HOW? Have you ever actually spoken to any gay people about their lives, their wants, their pain? Or are you just parroting what's been brainwashed into your head by other people who have never actually performed statistically valid, nonbiased studies on the demographic?

Last edited by Francois; 07-01-2010 at 11:48 AM..

Old 07-01-2010, 11:09 PM

32 posts, read 62,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Homosexuality isn't something you "do", it's something you are. "Homosexual" means being attracted to your own sex--you can be a virgin and be gay. Or, you can have sex with your own gender occasionally, but it doesn't mean you are gay, just as a gay man can have sex with a woman but it doesn't make him "straight".
Exactly. I ain't saying that it can't often be difficult to understand. Truth is- human sexuality doesn't always fit into a neat, tidy, well-organized little box. But just because it can be difficult to understand does not equal "homosexuality is a defect".

People are hetero or homo (or any number of variances inbetween) determined by what they ARE not by what they DO.

Someone who has NEVER HAD SEX in their entire life still dies at age 90- a virgin- BUT STILL identifying as hetero, homo- or whatever.

I don't usually like sharing about my very personal life, but I'm gay. I've been celibate for 4 years by personal choice- that does NOT mean that I've "reverted back to some imaginary human default" of being hetero for these past 4 years. I have been gay as long back as I can remember- at least as early as 6 or 7 years of age (I didn't have sex until age 14). And my view is that I was probably born gay. I have never not felt I was gay- even long before I had words for it- and long before I had any idea at all about sex on any level.

My gayness has nothing to do with the sex I have (or don't have). Rather, it has everything to do w/ how I IDENTIFY. Whom I am attracted to. Similarly- if I were to marry a woman- even if we had physical relations every single day- that does NOT change my sexual orientation from gay to str8. Again- tricky to understand- those open-minded enough to explore and consider truth usually do arrive at a better understanding of it all- eventually.

But the bottom line is- why does any of it matter anyway?

True equality will arrive when it doesn't matter how, why, if, etc.

Homosexuality is natural- it is amongst all the other countless human conditions. It is a fact. And folks are either wired to accept it and move on- or they are not.

Moderator cut: Off topic

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-02-2010 at 06:27 AM.. Reason: Deleted off-topic comments

Old 07-02-2010, 05:25 AM

481 posts, read 943,522 times
I was listening to NPR a few months ago and came across a great interview with the talented Joh Waters. He was talking about how he had interviewed people who had loved ones suffering form Alzhiemers. He asked them, "Do people ever forget whether they are gay or straight?" Not surprisingly the answer every time was "No, never". People would forget their loved ones whom they had known their whole life, but never forgot if they were gay/straight. My goodness, if that ain't pretty convincing.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-02-2010 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post

Old 07-02-2010, 06:42 AM

523 posts, read 3,805,465 times
i really do find the idea of sexual orientation being a choice highly amusing.

if it really were a choice, do you think people would say to themselves "ok, i've weighed up the options, and on balance i think i'd quite like to choose a life of persecution, inequality, abuse, guilt, being ostracized, not to mention the implications from a religious point of view, and the challenges of becoming a parent...yup, its definitely GAY for me!"

frankly, if choice were involved, i really don't think there would be any such thing as a homosexual.

as to the more salient question of whether it's actually nature or nurture - personally i think its probably both, in more or less equal measure.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:00 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Yes.
I believe that most people are born gay. I also KNOW that many choose to be gay.
I have a straight girlfriend who went through some horrific relationships. One was very abusive. She finally left that douchebag proclaiming "I am so done with men!!!"
Her and her new girlfriend have been together for 3 years now and she is really happy.

So to those gay people that always reply to this question: "Why would I choose this lifestyle!?!?!?". People have their reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates