U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 11:26 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,466,456 times

Advertisements

Why does the history of slavery begin and end with white euopeans ? Who got rid of the truth about slavery and why ?

I think that slavery is evil no matter who does it but to tell half truths and lies is more evil because it last longer and causes more suffering for both parties .

My interest in this is that we are losing a great nation because of the division this lie has caused . Whites did not start slavery or invent it but they did abolish it .

Blacks and whites better wake up before they are back where their muslim and black slave masters had them 6 or 8 centuries ago . While we fight an army is moving into the nation we built , on the most part , they don't like either of us .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 05:41 AM

8,293 posts, read 22,466,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Why does the history of slavery begin and end with white euopeans ? Who got rid of the truth about slavery and why ?

I think that slavery is evil no matter who does it but to tell half truths and lies is more evil because it last longer and causes more suffering for both parties .

My interest in this is that we are losing a great nation because of the division this lie has caused . Whites did not start slavery or invent it but they did abolish it .

Blacks and whites better wake up before they are back where their muslim and black slave masters had them 6 or 8 centuries ago . While we fight an army is moving into the nation we built , on the most part , they don't like either of us .
People are really stupid regarding history. The strong tendency is to simply ignore every part of it we don't like.

There has been slavery since there have been human beings. There is slavery today.

The problem, in addition to stupidity, is that most people in America only want to talk about American slavery. It provides either a convenient excuse, or something cheap to feel guilty about.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:05 PM

4,060 posts, read 3,323,199 times
"..Africa. Although slavery already existed in Africa, the status and relationship of African slaves to their African masters were very different from chattel slaves. Slaves in Africa were considered part of the extended family of their masters and held a status similar to children or wards. The function of indigenous African slavery was to increase the size of a family or clan rather than to perform labour or to serve as a material asset.."
Chattel slavery - Hutchinson encyclopedia article about Chattel slavery

"..Before the widespread establishment of chattel slavery (outright ownership of the slave, and of his/her descendants), much labor was organized under a system of bonded labor known as indentured servitude. This typically lasted for several years for white and black alike, and it was a means of using labor to pay the costs of transporting people to the colonies.[4] By the 18th century, slavery was racialized by courts and legislatures to apply nearly exclusively to Black Africans and people of African descent, and occasionally to Native Americans.."

Slavery did not start with white people and I do not believe knowledgeable people are implying that.

Your question is flawed in that it does not ask for the truth!!

A better question would be why did "Chattel" slavery begin with White People. If people look at the various forms of Slavery there is no way that a comparison can be made between chattel and other forms of slavery.
Chattel slavery is inherently evil in that is says that some are so inherently inferior than others that subjugation is their natural position and that those in bondage have never had nor we they ever possess the intellectual, moral, or cultural ability to assimilate into White society.

There was never the possibility to be accepted as equal or capable under chattel systems and the system itself only maintains it's ability to sustain itself through murder, torture, intimidation, rape, and the purposeful division of families in order to control the will and destroy the spirit of those under it's yoke.

No other people or nations on the face of the Earth instuted or propugated this form of slavery except the Europeans who came to this country seeking "freedom" for themselves.

Yes, all slavery is wrong but the American version is much worse than any other!!

Old 04-04-2010, 03:54 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,862,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post

Because if those who blame "whitey", and thereby also corporate America for their current social and economic condition allows the truth to be taught in public schools,that group loses the power and profit obtained by professional victimhood.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:58 PM

8,805 posts, read 9,626,228 times
The problem with slavery in the new world was it had to be reconciled with the western religious beliefs of the people enslaving other human beings.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 04-04-2010 at 04:15 PM..

Old 04-04-2010, 03:59 PM

14,951 posts, read 16,541,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
A better question would be why did "Chattel" slavery begin with White People.
Did it? Was the Trans-Atlantic slave trade of the 17th-19th centuries ('White' people's contribution to chattel slavery) the only instance of chattel slavery in world history?

Old 04-04-2010, 04:06 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,862,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark;13591329..........

[B
There was never the possibility to be accepted as equal or capable under chattel systems and the system itself only maintains it's ability to sustain itself through murder, torture, intimidation, rape, and the purposeful division of families in order to control the will and destroy the spirit of those under it's yoke........[/b]
This is widely different from the current social welfare entitlement programs hugely occupied by minorities and promoted by minority Congressional members how?

Is there not plenty of murder, rape, intimidation created within these populations and the economic purposeful division of families through these programs as they were originally founded in the '60s as well? Therefore aren't those who vote for ever larger government entitlements for minorities and others on the lowest end of the socio-economic spectrum promoting a system of socio-economic subjugation akin to slavery today?

Old 04-04-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Slavery did not start with white people and I do not believe knowledgeable people are implying that. Your question is flawed in that it does not ask for the truth!!

A better question would be why did "Chattel" slavery begin with White People.

If people look at the various forms of Slavery there is no way that a comparison can be made between chattel and other forms of slavery.
Chattel slavery is inherently evil in that is says that some are so inherently inferior than others that subjugation is their natural position and that those in bondage have never had nor we they ever possess the intellectual, moral, or cultural ability to assimilate into White society.

There was never the possibility to be accepted as equal or capable under chattel systems and the system itself only maintains it's ability to sustain itself through murder, torture, intimidation, rape, and the purposeful division of families in order to control the will and destroy the spirit of those under it's yoke.

No other people or nations on the face of the Earth instuted or propugated this form of slavery except the Europeans who came to this country seeking "freedom" for themselves.

Yes, all slavery is wrong but the American version is much worse than any other!!
Nice use of convenient ignorance.

Chattel Slavery did NOT begin with "white people." That is absurd. In addition, it continues to this day and has NOTHING to do with white people.

Stop being such a racist.

Chattel Slavery (http://www.brandeis.edu/projects/fse/Pages/chattelslavery.html - broken link)
Slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
StateMaster - Encyclopedia: Chattel slavery
Chattel Slavery in Sudan :: Daniel Pipes

Old 04-04-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Did it? Was the Trans-Atlantic slave trade of the 17th-19th centuries ('White' people's contribution to chattel slavery) the only instance of chattel slavery in world history?
We both know the answer to that question. Only willfully ignorant racists want to deny the facts - those facts being that chattel slavery (in one of several forms) has been around since there have been human beings. It continues to this day, and not because Ole Whitey is doing it.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:20 PM

4,060 posts, read 3,323,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
This is widely different from the current social welfare entitlement programs hugely occupied by minorities and promoted by minority Congressional members how?

Is there not plenty of murder, rape, intimidation created within these populations and the economic purposeful division of families through these programs as they were originally founded in the '60s as well? Therefore aren't those who vote for ever larger government entitlements for minorities and others on the lowest end of the socio-economic spectrum promoting a system of socio-economic subjugation akin to slavery today?
How is this relevant to the original question??

The government programs you mention, allow thousands of minorities including under privileged whites a step up and the ability to escape the cycle of poverty if they choose to do so, chattel slavery never allows that opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or