Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 10:37 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
... what would be a good solution? Mandating a certain percentage of every city's population be this or that ethnicity?
Oh, you don't want to get started on that. A government telling people where they can and cannot live based on ethnicity...that's been done before. It's known as apartheid, and it's gonna be a tough sell, to say the least!

Old 04-08-2010, 11:06 AM

324 posts, read 573,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
This is probably a stupid question, but here goes. If the US population is 65% white non-hispanic, and 75% white, where are all those whites supposed to live, so as to avoid creating white-majority cities?
They are not supposed to move to areas with 90-99% white, hence make the community even whiter, so it wouldn't be so obvious, that white communities are doing much better when they have only small fraction of blacks and hispanics... That's undermining the diversity dogma, and exposing minorities as uncivilized groups.
Please, residents of Portland, would you impose some kind of ban on moving more whites to your city, and create some programs for moving nonwhites in. I'm sure, if this has been brought to our lovely governement's attention, some funds from our taxes would be created to stimulate minorities moving to Portland. Please, let's stay politically correct!

Old 04-08-2010, 11:54 AM

442 posts, read 965,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
What is white really? I live in NYC and some of the whites here would probably not feel comfortable living in Utah. Whites are not a homogenous group, they may look white, but they have different experiences than someone who grew up in Utah or Wyoming.
That I think is what they call skin color. I grew up in Las Vegas and believe me I am still having trouble being comfortable living here. Been here 6 years-because of my children-and will stay because of them.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:35 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpan View Post
They are not supposed to move to areas with 90-99% white, hence make the community even whiter, so it wouldn't be so obvious, that white communities are doing much better when they have only small fraction of blacks and hispanics... That's undermining the diversity dogma, and exposing minorities as uncivilized groups.
Please, residents of Portland, would you impose some kind of ban on moving more whites to your city, and create some programs for moving nonwhites in. I'm sure, if this has been brought to our lovely governement's attention, some funds from our taxes would be created to stimulate minorities moving to Portland. Please, let's stay politically correct!
Sarcasm?

Old 04-08-2010, 04:17 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulpan View Post
I notice you're from Indiana. How are things over where you live...and would you mind if people were told to move in or out depending on their skin color?

Old 04-08-2010, 04:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
the systematic destruction and eradictation of european american culture is to a large extent attributed to the K12 machine-- probably one of the most clever social engineering machines ever invented.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:27 PM

548 posts, read 1,251,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the systematic destruction and eradictation of european american culture is to a large extent attributed to the K12 machine-- probably one of the most clever social engineering machines ever invented.
European american culture? There are 47 countries in Europe and they all have unique cultures. Some countries in Europe may have more in common with countries in South America or Africa.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
European american culture? There are 47 countries in Europe and they all have unique cultures. Some countries in Europe may have more in common with countries in South America or Africa.
you are right europe is a big place but not the part that colonized and formed the united states. its small. history 101, not the history rewritten on CDF, the one they used to teach in school.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:34 PM

548 posts, read 1,251,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you are right europe is a big place but not the part that colonized and formed the united states. its small. history 101, not the history rewritten on CDF, the one they used to teach in school.
Hmmm...this must be a recent shift, I'm not sure that new european immigrants could necessarily identify with "native" white americans.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Hmmm...this must be a recent shift, I'm not sure that new european immigrants could necessarily identify with "native" white americans.
we are not being colonized now friend we are already established long time. you know plymouth rock, ellis island, stuff like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates