U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-05-2010, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Burnsville, Minnesota
2,702 posts, read 2,041,103 times
Reputation: 1455

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
The article is a little offensive and I'm black, but America's demographics are surely changing and European majority cities are decreasing. In other words. Get used to it.
Well, that's only partially true.

 
Old 04-05-2010, 05:46 PM
 
548 posts, read 1,078,596 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
In almost all such cases, the police arrest the perps within a few minutes. I don't know how you expect them to spend more time investigating those cases., when 99.99% of the time, there are no unsolved cases to investigate.
It's a little too late when the child is found in the lake don't ya think?
 
Old 04-05-2010, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Burnsville, Minnesota
2,702 posts, read 2,041,103 times
Reputation: 1455
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
Probably makes for some boring restaurant choices.
Why do you say that? Not all "ethnic" restaurants serve food from countries with predominantly non-European populations. I know that restaurants that serve food from European cuisines exist, such as French and Italian cuisines.
 
Old 04-05-2010, 05:49 PM
 
548 posts, read 1,078,596 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
Why do you say that? Not all "ethnic" restaurants serve food from countries with predominantly non-European populations. I know that restaurants that serve food from European cuisines exist, such as French and Italian cuisines.
I'm sorry, but you are throwing around this word "white" what does that even mean? Italian=white is debateable.
 
Old 04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Reputation: 35864
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
It's a little too late when the child is found in the lake don't ya think?
It's a little too early, to execute YOU before YOUR child is found in the lake. Don't you think?

Jeez. How old are you?
 
Old 04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Burnsville, Minnesota
2,702 posts, read 2,041,103 times
Reputation: 1455
I think "whitewashed" was an inappropriate term to use to describe Portland's Caucasian majority, as well.
 
Old 04-05-2010, 05:55 PM
 
Location: Burnsville, Minnesota
2,702 posts, read 2,041,103 times
Reputation: 1455
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I'm sorry, but you are throwing around this word "white" what does that even mean? Italian=white is debateable.
The word was used frequently in the article.

Why do people think Italians are not white? I don't understand that.

Here's (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/meta/long_68178.htm - broken link) something for you.


White. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who indicate their race as "White" or report entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Lebanese, Near Easterner, Arab, or Polish.

Europeans are white. Italy is in Europe. Italians are white. It's not debatable; it's true.
 
Old 04-05-2010, 05:56 PM
 
548 posts, read 1,078,596 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
It's a little too early, to execute YOU before YOUR child is found in the lake. Don't you think?

Jeez. How old are you?
How old are you? and what does that have to with anything? I grew up in a majority white area (I'm black) and someone shot a gun off in our class, there were multiple pedophile arrests; not to mention the harassment that some blacks had to deal with. Living in a white area is not always safe.
 
Old 04-05-2010, 05:59 PM
 
548 posts, read 1,078,596 times
Reputation: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
The word was used frequently in the article.

Why do people think Italians are not white? I don't understand that.

Here's (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/meta/long_68178.htm - broken link) something for you.


White. A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It includes people who indicate their race as "White" or report entries such as Irish, German, Italian, Lebanese, Near Easterner, Arab, or Polish.

Europeans are white. Italy is in Europe. Italians are white. It's not debatable; it's true.
White and black is a social construct and I doubt if someone from North Africa would consider themselves white, It's all about what YOU feel you are. Some people do not buy into this racial Bull$h!t.
 
Old 04-05-2010, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Burnsville, Minnesota
2,702 posts, read 2,041,103 times
Reputation: 1455
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
How old are you? and what does that have to with anything? I grew up in a majority white area (I'm black) and someone shot a gun off in our class, there were multiple pedophile arrests; not to mention the harassment that some blacks had to deal with. Living in a white area is not always safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
White and black is a social construct and I doubt if someone from North Africa would consider themselves white, It's all about what YOU feel you are. Some people do not buy into this racial Bull$h!t.
Why are you being so...tense? Calm down, seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top