Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,838,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Let me also just say that police being called to a house is not evidence of crimes being committed. Maybe it was the white neighbors calling the police on the black families? Maybe a group of people visited the homes and whites thought it was evidence of drug dealing. Again, the question is who called the police and did the police actually arrest anyone for a crime? When I was a kid we had a gas leak in our home and we all were asleep and would have died if my father had not, for some strange reason, come home early. When he got home he called 911 and the police were the first to arrive then the ambulance. Police are often dispathed to homes for medical emergencies and other things.....but of course.....had you witnessed the police coming to our home it would have been evidence of nefarious activity endemic to black households....lol. Furthermore, you mean to tell me that domestic abuse is not prevelent in the white community? I guess its morally superior to punch out your girlfriend or wife inside the home than it is to do it in the front yard?
I personally called the police 3 times for drug activity once, assault twice. That was on one house. One guy arrested twice, the second time was because another neighbor called police after his daughters bike was missin, and while walking the neighborhood, asking us to keep an eye out, he spotted it in the garage and asked the guy how it got there, and was chased down the street.

Police came to the same house when a different "black" family lived there, because the stove caught fire after a grease spill, my wife called them that time as well. As a neighbor, it is your job to be vigilant, to protect yourself and your neighbors. Two lives may very well have been saved when my wife called. What's your point about violence? it happens everywhere, once again, if you'd read, and try to comprehend what I posted, in its entirety, you'd understand.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:07 AM

64 posts, read 105,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
I personally called the police 3 times for drug activity once, assault twice. That was on one house. One guy arrested twice, the second time was because another neighbor called police after his daughters bike was missin, and while walking the neighborhood, asking us to keep an eye out, he spotted it in the garage and asked the guy how it got there, and was chased down the street.

Police came to the same house when a different "black" family lived there, because the stove caught fire after a grease spill, my wife called them that time as well. As a neighbor, it is your job to be vigilant, to protect yourself and your neighbors. Two lives may very well have been saved when my wife called. What's your point about violence? it happens everywhere, once again, if you'd read, and try to comprehend what I posted, in its entirety, you'd understand.
Can I suggest you make your posts shorter? If you want everyone to re-read them entirely and comprehend them fully it will save time.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:12 AM

The post in reference was less than 6 lines. If that's too long, can I suggest you steer clear of great debates, as replies tend to get VERY long winded.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:18 AM

64 posts, read 105,327 times
Quote:
The post in reference was less than 6 lines. If that's too long, can I suggest you steer clear of great debates, as replies tend to get VERY long winded.
I know but reading your righteous drivel is hard work....if you want people to read it twice at least have some consideration.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:27 AM

Take a breath, and read, nothing I have posted is righteous drivel, this is a debate, if you have nothing to add, then leave.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:35 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,642,573 times
Quote:

It seems to me that you had one bad rental property in your community. I don't know how all those black families got tainted. You yourself admitted that the previous family had the police called due to a stove fire. That is not a crime. Moreover, if you call the police for drug dealing, they have to see the person in the act, they need a sting and they need a warrant. They are not just going to come and arrest people because someone called and said there was drug dealing. I lived in a neigborhood with crack houses and now how it works. The police have to raid the residence and they need a warrant that shows probable cause and that is usually from an undercover buy and not a neighbors call. If the person had a warrent or something....then yes.....he could be arrested.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 05-05-2010 at 10:58 AM..

Old 05-05-2010, 10:57 AM

One? a few, but that's not the point. And the stove fire was to support your statement about not all police calls are due to nefarious criminal endeavors... It was also to point out that a vigilant neighbor can protect his or her neighbors.

It would seem that the police, along with crimestoppers, managed something after the calls the neighborhood made, as after he was arrested and had restraining orders filed, and his gf dumped his ass, apparently she had been beaten one too many times..

Old 05-05-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
One? a few, but that's not the point. And the stove fire was to support your statement about not all police calls are due to nefarious criminal endeavors... It was also to point out that a vigilant neighbor can protect his or her neighbors.

It would seem that the police, along with crimestoppers, managed something after the calls the neighborhood made, as after he was arrested and had restraining orders filed, and his gf dumped his ass, apparently she had been beaten one too many times..
Your original point simply stated that the police had been called to ALL the black families homes. That insinuated criminal activity was taking place at all the homes among all the black families. It also insinuated, by omission, that no criminal activity was taking place at the white homes....because police were not called there.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:22 AM

Nothing was insinuated, if you assumed, that's your own fault.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Nothing was insinuated, if you assumed, that's your own fault.
Thats correct. Now everyone can be clear that the police being called to these black families homes were not all for criminal activity....so one can insinuate that they were good people....too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.