Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2010, 01:51 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyrr View Post
the funny thing is, most of the liberals who write these stupid articles are the same people who flee to the suburbs and send themselves to overwhelmingly white schools.

white people are their own worst enemy. i don't see any countries (outside of historically majority white ones) allowing millions of 'others' to flood across their borders, often negatively effecting crime rates quite drastically.

furthermore, the people who claim to 'embrace diversity' often have the least experience with it. they'll chew out a white person who lives in a majority-black area for having negative views on blacks but for any white person who has lived in a majority-black area, it 's hard not to have negative views on them.

Once Whites are minorities in their own countries, are things really going to be enhanced because of 'diversity'? Once the third world is in Europe and the U.S will we benefit? No, there is a reason countries like the U.S, Sweden, Australia, etc are successful and it's not 'diversity.'
Yea, Teddy Kennedy was a good example, fought for integration, then sent his kids to privite schools.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
So by omission, you don’t have a problem with whites on entitlement and seeking a free ride, even though there are more whites on entitlements than blacks? Let me ask you a hypothetical. When the twin towers were attacked some of the people in the building made it out and some unfortunately perished. Why did some make it out and others did not? Does the fact that some made it out mean that everyone could have made it out? Does the fact that some, most even, made it out invalidate the others as being victims….invalidates that their fate was a product of the attack? Hence, does the fact that some black people rise from oppression invalidate others who have or did not?
Yes I do have a problem with whites or anyone on give away programs who shouldn't be, but we were speaking about blacks. Don't even know how to answer the twin tower question, apples and oranges.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:26 AM

2,613 posts, read 3,143,986 times
Hope Brazil works out. I had a friend of Peurto Rican heritage who decided to move to PR. He was back in 6 months, after seeing how hard it was to find good doctors there to treat him for diabetes. I have known many black Africans who moved here when their nations were in civil war. Most liked what they saw here and decided to stay. If Brazil doesn't work out, you still have roots here.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:08 AM

221 posts, read 364,555 times
Quote:
The TRUE thug culture inspired these lyrics:

Southern trees bear strange fruit,
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root,
Black bodies swinging in the southern breeze,
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.

Pastoral scene of the gallant south,
The bulging eyes and the twisted mouth,
Scent of magnolias, sweet and fresh,
Then the sudden smell of burning flesh.

Here is fruit for the crows to pluck,
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck,
For the sun to rot, for the trees to drop,
Here is a strange and bitter crop.

Sung by Billy Holiday

You know, blacks could advance a lot more if they let go of the chains they cling to?

As I drive around I see license plates holders that are made to look like chains. They are always on black peoples cars.

I can't say, "Forget the past", but as long as you cling to it almost like a Teddy Bear, you'll never get past it either.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Obama was raised by white women because his momma was white…. What’s to contemplate…LOL. There are blacks far more accomplished than Obama who were reared by a black woman. However, even reared by white women, that still is not enough for you to have supported him. Contemplate that.

All I know is that when I look at the world, most of the problems and fears that current white folks have is the result of things that past white folks have done. You don’t want to be around Africans, but it was white folks who went to Africa to bring them here. You don’t want to be around Africans, but it was your ancestors who left an ALL WHITE UTOPIA (Europe….lol) to come to a Nation full of Africans. Let’s look at the ongoing crisis in the Middle East. It was White folks who create the State of Israel to dump Jews that they did not want in Europe. Look at Osama Bin Laden and how white folks funded and trained them so that they would fight against whites in Russia. Look at Iraq, it was white folks who provided weapons and funded Saddam Hussein to fight a Proxy war against Iran. It was white folks who created and used Nuclear weapons and now it’s their greatest fear.

One thing that I can guarantee you is this. When this world is destroyed……it will be the result of things t hat white folks did…..and not things done by black folks. Contemplate that!
Obama was raised by white women... who were stupid enough to get involved with a black man. And same thing happened that happed to Elin Nordegren-Woods... infidelity. Old man Obama took of for Kenya, didn't he?

All I know is that when I look at the world, everywhere there are blacks, there's nothing but problems disproportionate to their numbers, of if that all there are, disproportionate to all other groups nearby.

As for "whites going to Africa", yeah, and Arabs and Jews, and blacks themselves sold blacks off. You can't lay that one solely at whites' doorstep. It's like blaming the drug users who make the market for dope for the crimes of the cartels that supply them. Slavery was still legal in parts of Africa until... get this... 2007.

White folks gave up on that crap 150 years ago. And had tractors existed, probably never would've bothered with it at all. But idiots that they were, there didn't realize african strains of everything outpopulate and displace all other strains. See "Africanized Bees" for an object lesson on invasive species.

Nobody ever said Europe was an all white Utopia. There is no Utopia. But the stats prove, at least in the U.S. that near all white, or at least non-black is where the least problems are. I'll post credible figures below.

As it was told to me in school, people left Europe because of religious persecution initially. Some religion from... the Mid East. Seems all crap comes from Africa and the Mid-east that folks fight over.

When this world is destroyed, it will likely stem from conflicts in the middle east. Most likely related to the Israel/Arab conflicts. If you consider those folks white (as opposed to caucasian, there's some debate in some quarters about the terms) then sure, yeah, whites will cause the end. But if you mean "Europeans", well then no.

Actually, if whites would give up the white guilt they get from TV, and do what needs to be done, level the terrorist locations 100%, maybe we could avoid all that. But alas, they've gotten soft.

In reality, folks who get thier power from the black/white divide are probably glad we can't agree on these things, LOL!

Whites created Israel to dump Jews? Where'd you get that? Ask a Jew, they'll regale you with tales of how great the Jews fought during the 6 Days War, and all the Arab butt they kicked, LOL!

What is ironic is that other places in the world (Africa and S. America) offered the Jews a place to go without a fight. The Jews however, just had to have "the holy land" or whatever. Ironically, the only place in the whole region without oil, LOL!

Nobody said white where saints. I'll be the first to say they aren't. No one is.

What is true for the average person, living in cities in the U.S. (the topic of the thread) is that the whiter the city is, the safer it is.

Now about those figures. Note. The Top 25 most dangerous are at or near black majorities. The Safest are almost devoid of blacks.

So the proposition still holds. Living in an All White City is likely to be a better choice for most.

Probably the most peaceful solution, since like the mid-east, folks will never end this debate, is voluntary segregation.

From...

Rankings by Population Group

Most Dangerous 25:.......%AA Largest Segment?
1...Detroit, Mich.............81.6............Y
2...Atlanta, Ga...............61.4............Y
3...St. Louis, Mo.............51.2............Y
4...Flint, Mich.................53.3............Y
5...Camden, N.J..............53.3............Y
6...Gary, Ind..................84.0............Y
7...West Palm Beach, FL..36.2............N
8...Compton, Calif...........40.3............N
9...Tampa, FL................26.1.............N
10..Washington, D.C.......55.6.............Y
11..Jackson, Miss...........70.6.............Y
12..Newark, N.J.............53.5.............Y
13..Kansas City, MO.......31.2.............Y
14..Miami-Dade, FL........17.5..............N
15..New Orleans, La.......67.3..............Y
16..Memphis, Tenn.........61.4.............Y
17..Orlando, Fla.............26.9.............N
18..Dayton, OH..............43.1............N
19..Richmond, VA...........52.3............Y
20..Dallas, TX................23.2............N
21..Philadelphia, Pa.........43.2............Y
22..Youngstown, Ohio......43.8...........N
23..Cleveland, OH...........54.2............Y
24..Oakland, Calif...........35.7.............Y
25..Minneapolis, MN........18.0.............N

Safest 25:...................%AA...Largest Segment?
1...Amherst, N.Y...........3.90............N
2...Mission Viejo, Ca......1.15............N
3...Brick Twnshp, N.J.....0.99............N
4...Newton, Mass..........1.97............N
5...Simi Valley, CA.........1.30............N
6...Cary, NC.................6.15............N
7...Greece, N.Y.............2.88............N
8...Thousand Oaks, CA...1.06............N
9...Colonie, N.Y.............3.96............N
10..Troy, MI..................2.09...........N
11..Sunnyvale, CA..........2.22...........N
12..Arvada, CO..............0.66...........N
13..Lake Forest, CA........1.83...........N
14..Orem, UT.................0.33...........N
15..Clarkstown, N.Y........7.87...........N
16..Sterling Heights, MI...1.30...........N
17..Irvine, CA................1.45...........N
18..Hamilton Twnshp, NJ..8.16..........N
19..Warwick, RI..............1.16..........N
20..Dover Twnshp, NJ......1.75..........N
21..Canton Twnshp, MI....4.54..........N
22..Cheektowaga, NY.......2.93..........N
23..Fremont, CA..............3.10..........N
24..Bellevue, WA.............1.99..........N
25..Farmington Hills, MI....6.94..........N

Old 04-28-2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
In a small town about an hour away from where I live the KKK was going to try and hold a rally (I don't think it ever materialized). There's this black woman I know at work and we briefly discussed the would-be Klan rally. She thought that it did no good to try to rationalize with racists. She believed that a racist's mind does not work logically, and so a discussion with a racist is pointless. I have come to agree with her, and it is for that reason I have ceased posting to Indentured Servant.
The black gal was probably correct for some percentage of racists on either side.

Apparently there is scientific proof that we are born with an inborn fear of spiders and snakes. I have believed for some time now that some people are repulsed by others inately.

I know that I have certain preferences in the physical traits of mates, and there are some folks I just wouldn't want to mate with. Completely based on "surface" traits. I'm sure there are folks of the opposite sex that look at me the same.

Yet no one expects me to mate with folks I find repulsive. So why should one be expected to integrate with folks they find the same?

I suspect there are many racist sympathizers in this camp that if they could just avoid the groups they are repelled by, they'd not be sympathizers at all.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
... no reason why whites can't move to stable, mostly black communities other than an assumption of discrimination

... white areas, I've never been met w/ any hostility. ... PLEASE, don't say something like "whites don't want them to".

... but black people can't blame all our ills on whites and past slavery. I swear, this may explode into another topic of debate, but this is only really an issue w/ black Americans. I've never heard of other members of the black slave diaspora hanging onto this notion of what the white man did to us" as an excuse for current ills. Lord knows, Haiti has some bones to pick w/ France and whites, but I've never heard Haitians complain about reparations and hang onto past injustices as much as some black Americans I've come across, the type of black Americans that will cry "racist" if a white person does anything remotely negative towards them. IMO, whites have taken responsibility for their actions, it's just that some blacks will never forgive them no matter how much time has passed, no matter how much has changed. until blacks can do this, things will never change b/c progress can't be made when people are still holding grudges that can't be remedied. JMHO/IME

Well. those are some interesting points, but they aren't entirely correct in all counts.

Whites can, but don't want to move to black areas. Black areas are quantifiably higher crime areas, no matter the economic strata of the blacks, interestingly enough.

Second, whites often really don't want blacks to move in, because it leads to the numbers mentioned above, that I'll post below.

Third, as for Haitians not complaining as much as African Americans, Haitians have the distinction of having kicked the whites out. African Americans were "liberated" by yet other whites. So a different perspective.

Interestingly, without the 400 years of slavery the African Americans reference, Haiti is still a crap pit. And incompetent Haitian health care workers in at least one case I know of caused an otherwise avoidable death. But of course that isn't limited to immigrants in health care. But I can remember warning folks it was likely a place staffed with Haitians had a high incompetency rate.

As for African Americans screaming "racist" at the drop of a hat. There are several possible causes.

1) Some racist blacks get their power by perpetrating such.

2) Many blacks seem to cling to their chains as a raison d'etre.

3) Jews, who worry about racism due to WW II often use blacks and their racial issues to push for legal changes the Jewish folks want. So the Jewish segment of the population has a vested interest in keeping blacks sensitive to racial issues, just as they have an interest in pushing white guilt in the media.

Agreed, many whites have moved beyond worrying about race. Even those that simply don't like blacks, or things african, or any other group are often not really aggressive about it. They often just want to be apart from said groups. Give them that, and I'd bet most Neo-Nazi groups, etc. would wither and die. I.e. give the separatists a place to be separate, and the problem goes away. Or at the very least, don't force integration on them. I believe Clarence Darrow said, "You can't argue a man into liking a glass of beer". Same principle, you can't argue people into accepting something they intrinsically don't care for. Ever managed to argue a person who doesn't like lima beans (or whatever food) into liking them? Nah! You might be able to argue them into eating them because "it's good for them", but they won't do it happily.

So as long as society tries to force africanization on those who don't want it, you're going to have to expect resentment. Just a fact of human nature. Especially in a place where personal freedom and personal choice are such a big part of the culture as the U.S.

Here's that data:

From...

Rankings by Population Group

Most Dangerous 25:.......%AA Largest Segment?
1...Detroit, Mich.............81.6............Y
2...Atlanta, Ga...............61.4............Y
3...St. Louis, Mo.............51.2............Y
4...Flint, Mich.................53.3............Y
5...Camden, N.J..............53.3............Y
6...Gary, Ind..................84.0............Y
7...West Palm Beach, FL..36.2............N
8...Compton, Calif...........40.3............N
9...Tampa, FL................26.1.............N
10..Washington, D.C.......55.6.............Y
11..Jackson, Miss...........70.6.............Y
12..Newark, N.J.............53.5.............Y
13..Kansas City, MO.......31.2.............Y
14..Miami-Dade, FL........17.5..............N
15..New Orleans, La.......67.3..............Y
16..Memphis, Tenn.........61.4.............Y
17..Orlando, Fla.............26.9.............N
18..Dayton, OH..............43.1............N
19..Richmond, VA...........52.3............Y
20..Dallas, TX................23.2............N
21..Philadelphia, Pa.........43.2............Y
22..Youngstown, Ohio......43.8...........N
23..Cleveland, OH...........54.2............Y
24..Oakland, Calif...........35.7.............Y
25..Minneapolis, MN........18.0.............N

Safest 25:...................%AA...Largest Segment?
1...Amherst, N.Y...........3.90............N
2...Mission Viejo, Ca......1.15............N
3...Brick Twnshp, N.J.....0.99............N
4...Newton, Mass..........1.97............N
5...Simi Valley, CA.........1.30............N
6...Cary, NC.................6.15............N
7...Greece, N.Y.............2.88............N
8...Thousand Oaks, CA...1.06............N
9...Colonie, N.Y.............3.96............N
10..Troy, MI..................2.09...........N
11..Sunnyvale, CA..........2.22...........N
12..Arvada, CO..............0.66...........N
13..Lake Forest, CA........1.83...........N
14..Orem, UT.................0.33...........N
15..Clarkstown, N.Y........7.87...........N
16..Sterling Heights, MI...1.30...........N
17..Irvine, CA................1.45...........N
18..Hamilton Twnshp, NJ..8.16..........N
19..Warwick, RI..............1.16..........N
20..Dover Twnshp, NJ......1.75..........N
21..Canton Twnshp, MI....4.54..........N
22..Cheektowaga, NY.......2.93..........N
23..Fremont, CA..............3.10..........N
24..Bellevue, WA.............1.99..........N
25..Farmington Hills, MI....6.94..........N

Last edited by Jmadison2; 04-28-2010 at 02:05 AM..

Old 04-28-2010, 01:56 AM

Quote:
T

For your information...I am actually entertaining the idea of moving to Ghana or Tanzania when I retire. I have friends in both countries and have been there.
Should be an interesting experiment. I'd wager you'll be coming back unless you are somehow connected with the corruption that is in power when you go.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
If you will not address why your white ancestors left their all white world of Europe to come to a nation which had been built up from the back of African slaves.......you are a con man. I don't recall black folks moving into Europe driving the tired, oppressed, huddled masses yearing to be free from tyranny out of Europe like cattle in a stampead.....lol. Apperently living in a wolrd of only whites did not work out for them.....but that does not stop you from romanticising th ideal.
I'll gladly address it.

There were several motivations. No one ever said Europe was Utopia. Religious Persecution (at the hands of folks who adopted a mid-east religion no less, LOL!), economics, etc. Assuming you went to school in the U.S., you know the "official" reasons as well as I do.

In no way to I romanticize Europe. My ethnic origins are there. I have no real attraction to even going over there an touring. (It's to close to Africa for me, geographically, LOL! But yes, I really mean that.)

Not all of America was "built on the backs of blacks"... there were, as you handles points out "Indentured Servants", who were of many races. I was educated that Indentured Servants, being temporary, were actually treated worse than black slaves. (I suppose "worse" is debatable in this context.)

For me, I wouldn't even want to set foot in Monticello for instance, because it *was* built by blacks. A disgusting monumen t to slavery, and disgusting because it was built by blacks, and disgusting because Jefferson was raping slave girls there. Beyond that, I avoid much of the south for the same reasons. All africanized.

You keep bringing up this ancient crap. The point of this thread was cities of *today*. Of which, the black ones are the worst places to be.

This is a point which you cannot, with any factual data available refute. So you're the con man, trying your best to spin some rhetoric that people will accept over and above the simple facts observable with the naked eye.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:04 AM

I would be willing to bet, Indentured Servant, is a product of what black professors are teaching in collage today. I once saw a black professor on TV saying that the aids epidemic in Africa was caused by White people dropping the aids virus from airplanes, un****ingbelievable. What gets me, is the amount of black people that buy into this bullzhit. I'm beginning to believe the common uneducated black man, isn't too bright, maybe that's why their uneducated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.