U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-17-2010, 10:24 PM
 
541 posts, read 1,150,072 times
Reputation: 325

Advertisements

YouTube - "We can bomb Iran for 70 days around the clock" - RT 100318

US shipping bombs for Iran attack: report | | bdnews24.com

i was thinking,president Obama wanted to finish the wars..

in eruopean newspaper usa is presented in a very bad light because of this action...

hier the german version:

Final Countdown: Bunkerbrechende Bomben für Iran-Angriff werden nach Diego Garcia gebracht - Kopp Verlag

Wenn Regierungen vor lauter Krisen keinen anderen Ausweg mehr wissen, dann lenken sie die Bevölkerung mit Kriegen von der eigenen Unfähigkeit ab.
the first sentence translated (sorry not so perfect,i am still learning)...

if the governement does not know any way out because of so many crises,then the government diverts the atention of the population from its incompetence through wars..

america is very bad attacked right now because of it in the european newspapers..

how do you americans feel about this decision to get ready to exterminate iran,if necessary?.10000 targets..too many innocent people,children...how sad is that..

Last edited by Buburuza13; 04-17-2010 at 10:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-18-2010, 06:43 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 23,118,431 times
Reputation: 3889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
america is very bad attacked right now because of it in the european newspapers..

how do you americans feel about this decision to get ready to exterminate iran,if necessary?.10000 targets..too many innocent people,children...how sad is that..
European newspapers are crap. Absolute garbage. Worthless attention wh ores clamoring for sales. Modern day freak shows. Their relentless bad-mouthing of the United States is nothing new, and is all the more reason to ignore the idiots.


Regarding the USA being able to bomb Iran for 70 straight days? Yep, we have the arsenal and the capability. Have had for years. But that doesn't mean it's going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2010, 07:10 AM
 
Location: Some Beach... Somewhere...
4,771 posts, read 4,020,692 times
Reputation: 4923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
European newspapers are crap. Absolute garbage. Worthless attention wh ores clamoring for sales. Modern day freak shows. Their relentless bad-mouthing of the United States is nothing new, and is all the more reason to ignore the idiots.

Regarding the USA being able to bomb Iran for 70 straight days? Yep, we have the arsenal and the capability. Have had for years. But that doesn't mean it's going to happen.
The granola-crunching pot-smoking socialists in Europe are seeking every opportunity to demonize the US and will be the first to turn to us for help when trouble arises. They're up to their collective asses in burqua-wearing terrorists preaching hate from the mosques they've allowed to be built on every corner, and will expect us to pull their nuts from the fire - AGAIN!!!!

They'll never figure out that appeasment is never the answer when dealing with hate mongering zealots who want the West destroyed and if that means destroying the world, so be it. The leader of Iran has some delusions that some magic-imam is going to appear - a belief that is right up there with the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy - if he just brings on WW III.

And the Eurpoeans will be too busy toking away or cowering in fear to stop it and will cry for the US to do something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2010, 08:44 AM
 
541 posts, read 1,150,072 times
Reputation: 325
now independante for the reason,i think usa can not afford another war..usa makes very hard time through,since i am hier (2 years) i noticed a bid decline..education,healthcare,standard of living,all areas..people are struggling with no end and poverty growing around in all classes is noticeable..

i talked some time ago with a goup of young soldiers in oceanside in subway...i asked them,if they believe inall these wars..i could not notice big motivation,big patriotism behind..the answers were:no,not any more...it is a duty..but that is it,this was my feeling..they told me,there are a lot of disbelief among them..they had to leave soon and in such moment the soldiers realize,what they got into..many of this young men joined the army,because they had no other opportunity..army offers shelter,food,conditions,that they can not get somewhere else in such an economy..but when the time comes to go to war,then they really realize,what can happen..this grouo of soldiers did not present the patriot,enthusiastic goup ready to go to war,convinced of its ideology..it rather seemed,as fed up with it and all the situation in the country,a goup,that has no other chnace that do A DUTY,but duty and nothing else...i was told that the moral is not that high any more among them,neither the patriotism..that people hoped rather for an end..

the big majority europeans (not only socialist)do not support the american wars,this is not a secret,it is a fact..say that only socialist and so on are against it,no, the truth is,the big european majority does not support american wars...but i have the feeling,that (compared to other years)more and more americans start not to support it either..right now people in this contry seems to me demoralized,frustrated,angry..the economical situation (and with another war would also get worse..wars cost huge money)is very bad right now cutts in education,in schools,unenployment and so on,fear of losing house,job..people have tonns of problem to deal right now..i think another war woudl make everything worse..

you do not have to be a socialist,not to believe in wars..i do not believe in wars,because innocent people and children die on both sides..i felt very sorry about this american group of soldiers,who is going to be sent away..they do not know,what will happen..they do not fear the death,they fear they could get injured and become somebody's else problem...i also met the other day a young man,who wants to join the army...in such a dangerous times..but he comes from a disfunctional familly,no other posibility,no money..no perspective..army seems to be a solution for him,get a place,roof over his head...it is sad,that young people are suffering so bad in such hard economical times..

now regarding european newspapers and tv..not only information regarding war,but other informations too..i noticed (since i am in usa) many times,that foreign newspapers reported much faster and more detailed,while many times americans one kept silent regarding certain issues...

omaha..yes,you have the arsenal...but the truth is,you can not afford it right now...the same with house for example..you can not afford it or teh cars..you got into it,but you can not really afford it..and it makes the economical situation worse,i think and all the problems teh country is facing right now..it is already to its neck in debts,it would only cause more debts,worse economical situation and worse problems for americans..somebody has to pay for a war..not only the people involved in war pay for it,the soldiers there..the people,who remain at home in usa pay for it too, the wars are on their back like we can see hier:

http://www.costofwar.com/


http://www.nationalpriorities.org/costofwar_home

wars and debts goes hand in hand:
http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Last edited by Buburuza13; 04-18-2010 at 09:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2010, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,663 posts, read 74,082,666 times
Reputation: 36074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The granola-crunching pot-smoking socialists in Europe are seeking every opportunity to demonize the US and will be the first to turn to us for help when trouble arises. They're up to their collective asses in burqua-wearing terrorists preaching hate from the mosques they've allowed to be built on every corner, and will expect us to pull their nuts from the fire - AGAIN!!!!

They'll never figure out that appeasment is never the answer when dealing with hate mongering zealots who want the West destroyed and if that means destroying the world, so be it. The leader of Iran has some delusions that some magic-imam is going to appear - a belief that is right up there with the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy - if he just brings on WW III.

And the Eurpoeans will be too busy toking away or cowering in fear to stop it and will cry for the US to do something.
Thank you for your objective and well-researched and thoroughly thought-through analysis. Think tanks are rushing into emergency sessions to rewrite their policies based on this enlightening and incontrovertible data from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2010, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Some Beach... Somewhere...
4,771 posts, read 4,020,692 times
Reputation: 4923
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Thank you for your objective and well-researched and thoroughly thought-through analysis. Think tanks are rushing into emergency sessions to rewrite their policies based on this enlightening and incontrovertible data from you.
Ah, you've missed me, eh? How are things at the asylum? Are you getting your meds on time? Glad to know I could make your Sunday morning worthwhile by placing a post for you to respond to. You seem to get quiet when I'm not here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2010, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,663 posts, read 74,082,666 times
Reputation: 36074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Ah, you've missed me, eh? How are things at the asylum? Are you getting your meds on time? Glad to know I could make your Sunday morning worthwhile by placing a post for you to respond to. You seem to get quiet when I'm not here.
No, when you're not here, your place is taken by semperlibri, semperarmati, and bennymaru and nxtrms and mahiahiono and onoahimahi. Who keep mysteriously disappearing. I think they're all the same person. You, by any chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2010, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Blankity-blank!
11,449 posts, read 14,288,725 times
Reputation: 6904
Time to invest in Pampers for adults. Good, decent, patriotic paranoid, Americans are soiling their pants and their trigger fingers are getting very itchy.
Threads like this will attract the "bomb everybody" nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2010, 11:39 AM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,738,755 times
Reputation: 18042
Bascailly they need to be prepared to do any option and that takes time. Better ready than not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2010, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Some Beach... Somewhere...
4,771 posts, read 4,020,692 times
Reputation: 4923
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
No, when you're not here, your place is taken by semperlibri, semperarmati, and bennymaru and nxtrms and mahiahiono and onoahimahi. Who keep mysteriously disappearing. I think they're all the same person. You, by any chance?
Nope, I have neither time nor interest to make up other aliases. BTW, I'm planning a vacation soon. Any idea how what you'll do without having opportunity to stalk me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:44 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top