Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:05 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
Celibacy is for AFTER marriage.
yeah my first wife pulled that stunt too, but not the 2nd one. She was raised by a father with 4 daughters, and he told them he would not raise prudes. He was a right smart old Dude..

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 05-05-2010 at 05:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 05:19 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,631,619 times
Let's be realistic - there are indeed plenty of "good" guys who will not stay in a relationship for more than a few months if it seems like there won't be any sex. That's just their preference. There is no guarantee that - by screening them out - you will end up with "better" guys.

In fact, let's just be honest and admit that men with a lot going for them (in terms of looks, money, career, etc.) tend to have more sex and more sexual options than men who lack those qualities. They are less likely to stay around than guys with fewer options - paradoxically, those are generally the types of guys that most women would want to avoid.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:52 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsplntfrmNV View Post
Crap that might be like dating a priest No thank you, I like men experienced.
What makes you think that priests are inexperienced? Ohhhhh, you mean experienced with adult women.... OK, I see your point!

Old 05-05-2010, 06:00 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Get a life and quit worrying about your daughters virginity. Is it not her choice? OH and it is what boys want 24/7. Women's sexuality is their power. Don't give it away. If you like it put a big frigging azz ring on it. That was my advice to my daughters. I also told them to visit this web site and read the posts from all the old, middle and young men pedophiles and sex perverts. Make sure they know were and what their men are posting. They also give their name to me and I have their names run through Local, State and Federal criminal database checks.
And you told HER to get a life?

Old 05-05-2010, 06:15 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
You kept her from being a teenage mom, that's good. Now that she is an adult the rest is up to her. I assume you have stopped drumming this virginity stuff into her head? If not, stop it now. No harm, no foul.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:18 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,603,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Let's be realistic - there are indeed plenty of "good" guys who will not stay in a relationship for more than a few months if it seems like there won't be any sex.,,,,.
My three days would be all within the same week.
I was never forcefull or demanding. I heard many the comment "so you are saying dinner is not free?" That one was anyway I might reply.

Had the virgin Mary call me up and ask me out to dinner, I made my order and asked for separate tabs. I told her that if she wanted to be one of the guys she had to pay for her own dinner like the guys. Even thou she asked me out she had no intention of paying, once burned.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:43 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
And you told HER to get a life?
I did it at their request. My oldest asked me because of my long time previous profession if I would run checks on her BF's. The youngest ones are not dating yet and have not asked. But, the choice is theirs. I'm just the means to an end. My daughters have no problem taking care of themselves. I've seen to that. What they do with their personal lives after they're 18 and out of my house is their business. Just as long as they never remember the tracking devices I had embedded in them when they were toddlers everything should be fine.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:05 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Nothing wrong with keeping your daughter from being a teen mother. it seems that happens too much these days. I knew people who had kids at a really young age, it was never fun to watch. They don't usually stay together and the female has a really hard time finding anyone to keep her company.

I personally think that you're not going to prevent kids from having sex if they're really that determined to get it, just raise them to be intelligent about it and use their heads.

I wasn't raised prude or anything but I'm a 20yo guy and my own standards keep me from getting any females my age can be crazy, I don't like women that give it away easy, etc.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:12 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I did it at their request. My oldest asked me because of my long time previous profession if I would run checks on her BF's.
I ran background checks on the guys I seriously thought of. Can't be too careful nowadays. My husband thought it was the coolest thing!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:16 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
OP: There is nothing wrong with your daughter not having a steady boyfriend for more than 6 months. She has not found the right guy who shares her ideals. The guy is out there, it take a while to find him.
I got married as a virgin at 25; my husband was 27. It was a part of our relationship we learned together. That's what worked for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates