Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 10:44 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,939,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The working people of Greece have fallen victim to the same credit driven belief in prosperity thru borrowing that the Banking system has promoted worldwide and from which no people have been spared. The fact that they have been living above their means puts them in the same boat as the people of the rest of Europe, the United States, Japan, and most of the developed world. Their price for a few short years of the good life (if you call 22nd highest in the world good) will be decades of declining living standard and ever increasing amounts of their hard earned cash going to pay interest on loans to Bankers. Like drug dealers Bankers are willing to take the losses upfront in order to ensure your lifetime of slavery. Your condemnation of the Greeks just proves the point I was making in the OP. Your anger would be better placed where it belongs, at the ones who planned and executed this war against humanity. Years ago there were laws against usury and people were aware of its dangers. Our forefathers in this country warned us of the evil of banks and the men who seek power thru them. To our sorrow we have ignored their warnings. It is time now to recognize who our enemies are.

I worked for a bank for 7 1/2 years. I enjoyed it at first, but I can tell you that once I saw numerous changes happening with respect to how they treated their employees as well as customers, I will NEVER work for another bank again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 11:10 AM

64 posts, read 32,982 times
Quote:
The working people of Greece have fallen victim to the same credit driven belief in prosperity thru borrowing that the Banking system has promoted worldwide and from which no people have been spared. The fact that they have been living above their means puts them in the same boat as the people of the rest of Europe, the United States, Japan, and most of the developed world. Their price for a few short years of the good life (if you call 22nd highest in the world good) will be decades of declining living standard and ever increasing amounts of their hard earned cash going to pay interest on loans to Bankers. Like drug dealers Bankers are willing to take the losses upfront in order to ensure your lifetime of slavery. Your condemnation of the Greeks just proves the point I was making in the OP. Your anger would be better placed where it belongs, at the ones who planned and executed this war against humanity. Years ago there were laws against usury and people were aware of its dangers. Our forefathers in this country warned us of the evil of banks and the men who seek power thru them. To our sorrow we have ignored their warnings. It is time now to recognize who our enemies are.
My dear friend, I am not angry - not at all. In fact, I am greatly amused and laughing out loud - at your post - for it is hilarious. I am reminded of the people that were in prolific abdance in 1998 - 1999 selling all sorts of "stuff" because the world would come to a grinding halt in 2000. Their "the sky will fall" emenations remind me of yours. I am curious. Do you have an idea what it does to your credibility to quote that nutcase who lived in a tarpaper hut in Montana or wherever it was??? If you wnat to know, look on the bottom of your shoes, and you will find your credibility there tucked into the folds and cracks of your shoe sole.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:45 AM

13,139 posts, read 22,734,953 times
Quote:
As we watch the news stories unfolding every day, how many of us really understand the causes behind the conflicts. It appears the wealthy have declared all out war on the people of the world in attempt to steal all assets, and enslave workers. News media spin conflicts to make it appear as if the divides are among countries, races, political parties, sexual orientation, or any other group with the exception of where the real division exists, between the wealthy and the ordinary people. Take the Greek debt problem, media tries to make it seem as if the people of Germany are bailing out the people of Greece. It reality it is the people of Germany and the people of Greece bailing out the Bankers in Germany and France. In this whole worldwide economic disaster, the one common string is that all the people, and their governments are in debt to World Wide Banking interests. It was banking interests that created this system of debt, and they did it with the intention of indebting the whole world. They have succeeded. They now control governments, media, energy, food, and every other aspect of life. They are now in the process of consolidating their power thru economic warfare as we have just seen in the banking and finance industry with the take over of companies like Lehman, Washington Mutual, and many others. In the next few years you will see the majority of small banks and financial institutions forced into bankruptcy and taken over by the developing trusts. As we watch the people in countries like Iceland and Greece attempt to stand up for their own interests, worldwide banking interests are decimating their standards of living and enacting wages and taxes which will ensure their slavery in the future. This is not new; it is what they have been doing thru the IMF and World Bank to third world countries for decades. It is a future that awaits us all, unless we stand up for ourselves and recognize our enemy is not our fellow workers, but the wealthy who are working endlessly to expand their power and control.
Of course, and that's how it's always been. Nothing will change... even if the poor revolt they will either be shut down violently or win, become the new rich and take advantage of a new group of poor people.

It's human nature, and until we evolve out of it in a few hundred thousand years that's the way it will be.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:01 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,675,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooster View Post
Do you have an idea what it does to your credibility to quote that nutcase who lived in a tarpaper hut in Montana or wherever it was???.
You have read the Unabomber's manifesto. Right? Good. Then, what, exactly, is the principal defect in it?

Old 05-07-2010, 12:10 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,263,418 times
Quote:
My dear friend, I am not angry - not at all. In fact, I am greatly amused and laughing out loud - at your post - for it is hilarious. I am reminded of the people that were in prolific abdance in 1998 - 1999 selling all sorts of "stuff" because the world would come to a grinding halt in 2000. Their "the sky will fall" emenations remind me of yours. I am curious. Do you have an idea what it does to your credibility to quote that nutcase who lived in a tarpaper hut in Montana or wherever it was??? If you wnat to know, look on the bottom of your shoes, and you will find your credibility there tucked into the folds and cracks of your shoe sole.
Is this the best you can do? Pretty weak Wooster, the people who participate in CD see plenty of personal attacks, are aware of the type of people who initiate them and they understand motivation behind them. If you ever are able to come up with an intelligent point please respond, but if the best you can do is pointless rambling, attempts at suppressing the truth and attacks you are only wasting everyone’s time.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:54 PM

532 posts, read 1,266,808 times
Quote:
Nobody takes this sort of sophistry seriously anymore. Greece's problem are manifold, and here are some tidbits.

The Unions control the Government
The Government controls most aspects of Greek life
The Greeks want an opulant life but don't want to work for it
The Greeks get paid for 14 months, every year (12 monts) that is two months pay for no work, no expenses - for nothing
The Greeks retirne at age 53 with 80% of their salary, unless they are in a "hazardous" job, in which case they retire at 50 with 80%.
Musicians who play wood-wind instuments are deemed to be in a "hazardous" occupation.
Radion and TV people who speak into a microphone are deemed to be in a "hazardous" occupation.

Until and unless Greeks realize their can be no prosperity without comparable productivity, they are doomed, and since their ship-of-state is chained to other countries by the Euro, when they sink, it might bring them all down.
You're wrong. Banks and rich people are to blame. Being a human being guarantees everyone the right to a life without hardship. When you take away these entitlement people will be forced to adopt out-dated and inhumane ethics such as hard work, determination and perserverance. Absolutely unacceptable in this century.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:06 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,263,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burb View Post
You're wrong. Banks and rich people are to blame. Being a human being guarantees everyone the right to a life without hardship. When you take away these entitlement people will be forced to adopt out-dated and inhumane ethics such as hard work, determination and perserverance. Absolutely unacceptable in this century.
Which entitlements are you referring to??? I am not aware of many entitlements working people receive. You see unlike banks, when I loose my hard earned investment money, it is just gone. The government does not step in and give me my money back, then put it on someone else’s tab. They do not allow me to create my own money unlike banks, who are allowed to create money from thin air and then charge interest on it, the government also does not pay me to not do my job, as is the case with corporate farms who are paid millions not to grow crops, they do not give me billions of dollars worth of the countries natural resources like big oil, big mining, and the timber industries. Last year corporate welfare amounted to over $150 billion dollars. So please tell me; what are all the entitlements the working people are getting because for the last 40 years I have been doing it the hard way.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:08 PM

14,017 posts, read 20,851,119 times
Default To Wooster

First, too bad there is very little of substance and very much personal invective in your efforts to insult the OP. This is against the rules of CD, but you have plenty of company in your violation of them.

Second, I read the Unabomber's manifesto so many years ago that only it's basic outlines remain in my mind. Can you tell us what the quote is of which you accuse the OP? Or did you mean this in a generic sense, that both the OP and the Unabomber are opposed to some of the basic structures of our society? If so, it is a most unfair comparison, because the latter was a murderer and the former has not advocated any violence.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
You have read the Unabomber's manifesto. Right? Good. Then, what, exactly, is the principal defect in it?
It's biggest flaw was that it was written by a terrorist bugger. What bigger flaw than that could there be?

It is a big disconcerting that you seem to be advancing his cause. Will you be posting hostile pieces of mail soon? Are you bloody daft (seriously).

Last edited by wooster; 05-07-2010 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Content

Old 05-07-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Is this the best you can do? Pretty weak Wooster, the people who participate in CD see plenty of personal attacks, are aware of the type of people who initiate them and they understand motivation behind them. If you ever are able to come up with an intelligent point please respond, but if the best you can do is pointless rambling, attempts at suppressing the truth and attacks you are only wasting everyone’s time.
And who are you again. I'm sorry, didn't get your title. Duke, Duchess, Prince, Earl, Bobby? Are you trying to intimidate me? Shan't happen Mate.
-Wooster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates