Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 10:05 AM

1,132 posts, read 1,939,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yep...the victim syndrom is a symptom of being victimized and without the victimization there would be no syndrom in black people.

Lets be clear......I am the one arguing that blacks, in many ways, are handicapped by 300 years of abuse. The victim syndrom that you speak of would fall right into that catagory. Its true that the cycle has to be broken from within.....as there is no other choice in a racist society hell bent on seeing blacks as inferior. The racist implication is that somehow blacks are performing inferior in breaking this cycle and not normatively. Would whites be any better at breaking or ending such a cycle?
You're misunderstanding. The victim, in this case is a role that a person takes on. They don't have to, but it's easier. A person can be harmed and refuse to see themselves as a victim. Since it's self imposed, the only way out of it is from within. It has nothing to do with society, racist or not.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:07 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
#1 Reason: EXCUSES.

Sorry to shock you here Bubba, but it's 2010 - not 1910. Blacks in America are surrounded by opportunities, grants, scholarships and the like that are NOT available to whites. It's YOUR FAULT if you don't take advantage of them.

Some people make good. Some people make excuses.
An excuse is a mental cognition. So are you saying it is the mental inferiority of blacks, relative to whites, that explains those gaps? In other words, why are white people less prone to make excuses than are blacks? Excuse is an observation.....please provide explanations for your observations. What makes it true?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:08 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:
Further demonstration of the disrespect you have for blacks. I am a liar....don't have kids (what black man does not have a babies momma....lol)....whatever dude. You just have a NEED and DESIRE to see me as a failure. I would even go as far as to say YOU WANT me to be a failure. This thought brings you COMFORT.....and its crystal clear that it does. My life just does not conform to the paradigm of a racist mindset. "It's not supposed to be that way......Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I can't stand it!!!!".....lol.

Just out of curiosity.......how do you explain how so many hate filled white racist, historically, were very successful? Yet...a racist, hate filled black.....such as myself.....cannot be successful?
I don't see you as a failure. You see your entire race as a failure.

Just out of curiosity, how do you explain away the fact that the manager & assistant manager at my bank are both black women? How do you explain away the fact that I live in a black neighborhood, next door to an Afro-Centric Elementary School? I suppose that's all racism, right?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
An excuse is a mental cognition. So are you saying it is the mental inferiority of blacks, relative to whites, that explains those gaps. In other words, why are white people less prone to make excuses than are black?
Bull crap. An excuse is an excuse! It's your way of blaming somebody else for your failures, your problems, and your condition.

IF white people are less prone to make excuses than black people, it's because we have been culturally conditioned NOT to make excuses, while you have been culturally conditioned to make excuses.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubblejumper View Post
You're misunderstanding. The victim, in this case is a role that a person takes on. They don't have to, but it's easier. A person can be harmed and refuse to see themselves as a victim. Since it's self imposed, the only way out of it is from within. It has nothing to do with society, racist or not.
You're absolutely right.

Being the victim, and/or playing the race card, is a heckuva lot easier than taking personal responsibility for one's decisions and actions.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, how do you explain away the fact that the manager & assistant manager at my bank are both black women? How do you explain away the fact that I live in a black neighborhood, next door to an Afro-Centric Elementary School? I suppose that's all racism, right?
Whats racism is the fact that you don't believe that socioeconomic gaps between blacks and white is rooted in past and present racism (mostly past) and that it has put blacks at a competitive disadvantage. I am simply talking about an explanation for the racial gaps. You explain it by saying that the BLACK MIND is inferior to the WHITE mind, because the black mind has a greater propensity to produce excuses....as opposed to hard work. Nowhere have I read a defnition of racism where it says "one who does not live near blacks or one that does not live near an afrocentric school.....or a city that does not have a black bank manager....etc" You believe in white superiority and that meets the defination of racism.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Whats racism is the fact that you don't believe that socioeconomic gaps between blacks and white is rooted in past and present racism (mostly past) and that it has put blacks at a competitive disadvantage. I am simply talking about an explanation for the racial gaps. You explain it by saying that the BLACK MIND is inferior to the WHITE mind, because the black mind has a greater propensity to produce excuses....as opposed to hard work. Nowhere have I read a defnition of racism where it says "one who does not live near blacks or one that does not live near an afrocentric school.....or a city that does not have a black bank manager....etc" You believe in white superiority and that meets the defination of racism.
Pure, unadulterated BS. (You're really good at it, by the way.)

And again, you are an absolute liar! I have NEVER said ANYTHING even remotely close to "the black mind is inferior..." So... Either prove that I've said something like that, or admit to the fact that you're simply a liar.

Also, prove where I've said that I "believe in white superiority," or admit that you are LYING about that as well.

Got it?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:34 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,160 times
I love how now I'm not the only one calling out this racist on his 'views' and 'opinions'. IS, when the rest of the world is crazy, maybe it's time to look in the mirror.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:37 AM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,160 times
Quote:

No, that makes you Michael Doonesbury.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Pure, unadulterated BS. (You're really good at it, by the way.)

And again, you are an absolute liar! I have NEVER said ANYTHING even remotely close to "the black mind is inferior..." So... Either prove that I've said something like that, or admit to the fact that you're simply a liar.

Also, prove where I've said that I "believe in white superiority," or admit that you are LYING about that as well.

Got it?
You said that the gap between blacks and white socioeconomically are due to EXCUSES made by blacks. Excuses are mental cognitions. In saying that the gap between blacks and white is due to the propensity of excuses made by blacks, you are saying, implicitly, that whites make less excuses, for if whites had the same propensity to make excuses....they would be in the same boats socioeconomically as blacks. Its simple deductive reasoning. Again. If A = B and B = C...then A = C. You won't say A = C....but you do say that A = B and B = C. I then deduce from what you said that A = C...which you then deny.

If you don't think that the white mind is superior to the black mind.....then why do you argue that the whites make less excuses than blacks, which is the corralary of saying that the reason blacks are doing worse is because they make excuses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates