U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-15-2010, 05:27 PM
 
8,701 posts, read 6,383,312 times
Reputation: 3798

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Uh... what?

I don't think whites are, by nature, greater or superior to anyone else. I think the whole idea that colour has anything to do with... well anything is completely ridiculous.

That whites have a superior position in society today is not something I deny, it's especially prevalent in the US, with the, frankly quite fresh, historical reasons.

That does not equate that I think it's right, nor that I think that it shouldn't be addressed, I'm simply stating that I don't see how instilling the same bad attitude in black kids will solve the problem.

So again: Why is colour pride so important? And how will a more prevalent black pride mentality eradicate racism?
Color pride is only important when a people have color disrespect. If you feel less about yourself because of your color.....than that is what needs to be affirmed so that you feel better about yourself. Black pride is not white hatred. Its an attempt at deprogramming to reach a positive image. White organized pride is about hating others. Black pride is not the same as white pride in purpose.

 
Old 05-15-2010, 05:33 PM
 
8,701 posts, read 6,383,312 times
Reputation: 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
The systematic indoctrination of inferiority as a byproduct of American slavery has got to be the biggest, most profound collective mindf*&ck in history. To think that entire fields of science and scholarship were specifically designed to maintain the justification of black inferiority and its attendant oppressive social policy is just downright appalling.

It is no surprise then that young blacks today would have internalized this indoctrination to such a degree that even they would be willing to kill one another over what amounts to frivolity. The video shows the relatively "benign" part of self-hate.
You are a reputation point richer!
 
Old 05-15-2010, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
597 posts, read 1,132,487 times
Reputation: 414
After reading everything that was written here about this matter, I just can to say: Thanks Lord because I was born and live in a place where race is not so important. People are important.
Black, White, Yellow, Asian, Arabs, jews, Chineses, everyone live in peace and harmony. We do not have racial conflicts.
Here, racial differences are treated as something unimportant. Nobody cares about this.
Of course, sometimes, we can find some prejudiced idiot and when happen, he is quickly rejected for all.
 
Old 05-15-2010, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
4,464 posts, read 9,669,581 times
Reputation: 2819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Color pride is only important when a people have color disrespect. If you feel less about yourself because of your color.....than that is what needs to be affirmed so that you feel better about yourself. Black pride is not white hatred. Its an attempt at deprogramming to reach a positive image. White organized pride is about hating others. Black pride is not the same as white pride in purpose.
Well there's a difference between white pride and white hate, though those qualities (or flaws if you will) are often found in the same individuals.

See, if you say that it needs to be affirmed a sense of equality in young blacks who feel inferior due to their colour, I agree. To teach them that they're no better nor worse than someone who's white.

But what good will come from focusing on colour, instilling black pride? I don't understand how that'll work as a unifying factor.
 
Old 05-15-2010, 05:43 PM
 
8,701 posts, read 6,383,312 times
Reputation: 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Well there's a difference between white pride and white hate, though those qualities (or flaws if you will) are often found in the same individuals.

See, if you say that it needs to be affirmed a sense of equality in young blacks who feel inferior due to their colour, I agree. To teach them that they're no better nor worse than someone who's white.

But what good will come from focusing on colour, instilling black pride? I don't understand how that'll work as a unifying factor.
I am dumbfound! If you go to the doctor with a broken leg....do you think that it would make sense, in fixing you up, to focus on "THE LEG"? You fix whats broken by giving special attention to what is broken. Its a common method of problem solving for everything....until the issue deals with blacks....then whites act like the methodology makes no sense.

Black pride is not about lifting ourselves up by putting others down (like white pride), but rather, trying to lift ourselves up from others having put us down.
 
Old 05-15-2010, 05:43 PM
 
25,631 posts, read 29,245,636 times
Reputation: 23051
[quote=Indentured Servant;14191635]Whites simple do not respect the ramifications of history. Too many think that just because something ended....that the consequences or reactions ended as well. You don't have a CLUE!!!! I get sick of such ignorance as if you are experts in what we go through better than we are. Anyone want to debate that this TOO is a legacy of racism? How do you fix this without pushing "black pride"? Why would whites need white pride....based upon what is seen here? Of the various reason for high homicide rates in blacks.....conditioned self hatred is a big part. I experienced this exact same thing with my daughter....who is now 7. We deprogrammed her by teaching focusing our attention at getting her to appreciate "blackness" as something beautiful and great. We would have never had to preach "Black pride" if not for socially conditioned self disrespect.
quote]

So your daughter was taken away from you when she was born and exposed to social self disrespect? Then at some point before the age of 7 you reacquired her and had to socially deprogram her. At what point did you finally take responsibility for what she was exposed to before the age of 7? Ever watch BET and all the negative black stereo types provided in its BLACK programming? Oh I also fixed your spelling.
 
Old 05-15-2010, 05:49 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
4,464 posts, read 9,669,581 times
Reputation: 2819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am dumbfound! If you go to the doctor with a broken leg....do you think that it would make sense, in fixing you up, to focus on "THE LEG"? You fix whats broken by giving special attention to what is broken. Its a common method of problem solving for everything....until the issue deals with blacks....then whites act like the methodology makes no sense.

Black pride is not about lifting ourselves up by putting others down (like white pride), but rather, trying to lift ourselves up from others having put us down.
But what's broken is white ignorance and hate (hate from all groups of course, racism exists in all layers of society and in all "colours"). Instilling black pride doesn't fix the problem it mends some of the symptoms. The illness however, is still there.

And again, why is the colour so important? Who not simply instill pride? How will further segregation (with afro-centric schools) ultimately lead to a more unified world, or in this case country?
 
Old 05-15-2010, 06:04 PM
 
8,701 posts, read 6,383,312 times
Reputation: 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
But what's broken is white ignorance and hate (hate from all groups of course, racism exists in all layers of society and in all "colours"). Instilling black pride doesn't fix the problem it mends some of the symptoms. The illness however, is still there.

And again, why is the colour so important? Who not simply instill pride? How will further segregation (with afro-centric schools) ultimately lead to a more unified world, or in this case country?
I don’t have any control over whites. I have no white kids. My sphere of influence is black children in my family. Am I treating the symptoms…..of course…..as any responsible caring person will that did not have the ability to forward a cure.

If you don’t like yourself because your skin is dark, you are not going to like yourself until you learn to appreciate and respect dark skin. Also, it’s not JUST about color or colour as you Europeans like to say. It’s the whole package of being indigenous African in features, which are generally looked down upon.

If I had to choose between a more unified world and a more successful black population that does not live in poverty and violence……I would choose the latter every time. Look…..we moved to white communities…..and whites moved out. We have been the ones attempting to unify and integrate but we only get resistance and rationalizations about why they choose not to live around many of us. Please….we are not the ones preventing unity.
 
Old 05-15-2010, 06:08 PM
 
8,701 posts, read 6,383,312 times
Reputation: 3798
[quote=bulldogdad;14192504]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Whites simple do not respect the ramifications of history. Too many think that just because something ended....that the consequences or reactions ended as well. You don't have a CLUE!!!! I get sick of such ignorance as if you are experts in what we go through better than we are. Anyone want to debate that this TOO is a legacy of racism? How do you fix this without pushing "black pride"? Why would whites need white pride....based upon what is seen here? Of the various reason for high homicide rates in blacks.....conditioned self hatred is a big part. I experienced this exact same thing with my daughter....who is now 7. We deprogrammed her by teaching focusing our attention at getting her to appreciate "blackness" as something beautiful and great. We would have never had to preach "Black pride" if not for socially conditioned self disrespect.
quote]

So your daughter was taken away from you when she was born and exposed to social self disrespect? Then at some point before the age of 7 you reacquired her and had to socially deprogram her. At what point did you finally take responsibility for what she was exposed to before the age of 7? Ever watch BET and all the negative black stereo types provided in its BLACK programming? Oh I also fixed your spelling.

My daugther has been placed in the "gifted" class at her elementary school. We live in majority white area and my daughter did not watch much TV (We have only one) when she did watch tv it was Dora the Explorer or educational.
 
Old 05-15-2010, 06:08 PM
 
177 posts, read 221,101 times
Reputation: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Irish were slaves for a LONG time, why don't we need Irish-centric schools? Please reply
Get over it!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top