Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2010, 01:01 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
I disagree. I was poor, very poor coming up. Surrounded by family and friends that loved me and believed in me, and at age 17, while still in HS, AND a vocational school, made 50k that year. That's far from rich, but it sure as hell aint poor. And no lotto involved.
And its certainly your option to disagree....but your disagrement or agreement is not the arbiter of truth.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:01 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,678,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Another point I want to make, ABOUT HUMAN NATURE, is that when one learns to cope in a bad situation they are also inadvertently helping the perpetuation that situation. For example, who is more likely to try to escape from prison, one who has acclimated to prison life or one who cannot cope with prison life? The problem with the so called “black culture” is that we turned lemon into lemonade. After over 300 years a abuse causing poverty, we learned to cope and acclimate to poverty. If we did not cope, we would have gone crazy. Thus, as humans, you learn to cope or go insane, and in coping with our situation we have inadvertently perpetuated it. Once you find success and happiness while your poor…..you are always going to be poor unless you hit the lottery. All you need for success, biologically, is the opposite sex.
90% of this makes absolutely no sense at all.

The other 10% is you confessing that poverty and failure is a choice.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:03 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,404 times
Amazing to read white people telling each other how Black people should act based on the Black experience in this country. Amazing

Old 05-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
That has been the EXACT starting point for virtually EVERY immigrant who has come to the United States.

So why is it that it has only affected SOME blacks the way it has?
Because unlike other immigrants Africans did not and was not looking to leave their land. Morever, immigrants came over with their CULTURE and did not have their culture, names, religion and customes strpped from them. That is the FOUNDATION of a people.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
90% of this makes absolutely no sense at all.

The other 10% is you confessing that poverty and failure is a choice.
You obvously don't know anything about HUMAN nature.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Because unlike other immigrants Africans did not and was not looking to leave their land. Morever, immigrants came over with their CULTURE and did not have their culture, names, religion and customes strpped from them. That is the FOUNDATION of a people.
Perhaps you should go back to Africa and bi*tch at the Africans whose ancestors sold other tribes into slavery.

It's kind of weird how all this keep coming back on your heads. YOUR hands are JUST AS BLOODY as the hands of the white man. Perhaps even worse, because Africans murdered and sold out fellow Africans.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
You obvously don't know anything about HUMAN nature.
Quite the contrary.

I also know a habitual liar when I encounter one.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you should go back to Africa and bi*tch at the Africans whose ancestors sold other tribes into slavery.

It's kind of weird how all this keep coming back on your heads. YOUR hands are JUST AS BLOODY as the hands of the white man. Perhaps even worse, because Africans murdered and sold out fellow Africans.
Actually several African nations, Ghana for sure, apologized for their role in the slave trade and offered land to African Americans who wanted to relocate under Kwame Nkrumah. Of course, after colonization the Africans don't have much left to offer.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:11 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,415,339 times
Quote:
I know you do because you see blacks as inferior. If blacks were not inferior, in the mind of someone like you, how come whites don't demonstrate the behavior to the degree that there situation is just as bad.
I don't see blacks as inferior. How would you gather from my post that I see blacks as inferior? I'm not racist.

Quote:
I am an AFRICAN.....by design. America is my geographic location. I was not designed by America....but rather Africa. Whatever works for you is fine with me......but I see myself as an AFRICAN in America.
Whether you like it or not, you are an American. You were born in Grand Rapids, Michigan - last time I checked, that was not in Africa. You were designed by America. I have a friend who moved here from South Africa - she is an African in America. You are an American. Accept that, and be proud of it. No true African, black or white, would see you as African.

If you want to be African so bad, then why not look into moving there?

Old 05-21-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Quite the contrary.

I also know a habitual liar when I encounter one.
I have nothing else to say to you unless you offer an explantion as to why blacks would want to self destruct their lives more than whites would have a tendency to do so.

Instead of telling me what the problem with blacks are. Please tell me why whites are so blessed that their minds don't produce excuses, laziness and irresponbility like blacks. What makes whites so "superior". Is it something you all eat....were can we blacks get some?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates