U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2010, 10:03 PM

4,464 posts, read 9,634,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
White people are Christians...white people come from Europe....etc....I can make generalizations that are TRUE. The fact that I say white people does not mean that I am not speaking the truth. What do you bet that I can google and find a study to prove what I said? If I do....will you accept it? Nope.....lol.

Look....I understand your game. Its transparent....I have had this debate a thousand times and know the routine. I know what you are attempting to do.....and what you are attempting to avoid.
I'm not Christian, and I'm white. There, I proved you wrong.

What the poster is asking for, though in a rather confrontational manner, is equal treatment in the debate. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:11 PM

16,584 posts, read 32,648,698 times
The points that the OP is trying to make probably would have never resonated with me had I not adopted my dog.

Ok, now that I have your attention, I'll preface my point by saying I grew up in a white and brown world... I can't remember personally, one-on-one encountering a black person until I was in high school, when my large school's student body suddenly saw a massive influx of black students, if 3 out of 1500 can be considered massive...

Fast forward to October 2007. I went to a house in the high desert to check out a dog that was being given away. It was a black household, and while I was out in the backyard getting to know the dog, a couple of young teens (girl and boy) came out to sit at the picnic table and gossip amongst themselves.

I couldn't help but overhear them. Their conversation consisted of the following: Who had the lightest skin, the smallest lips, the least-nappy hair, and the best nose. The goal of this exchange was, the person with the "whitest" features was the better of the two. After they exhausted their own features, they began to apply those metrics to kids at school.

So, Mr. Indentured Servant has some validity to his claims, IMHO.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:16 PM

4,464 posts, read 9,634,495 times
I don't think anyone's denying there's a problem Fontucky, nor that it's a serious one. It's how to make positive changes that's being debated.

...Before it got down to personal attack and spell checks. (wrong ones no less... )

Old 05-15-2010, 10:28 PM

16,584 posts, read 32,648,698 times
Uhhhh... thank you?

Old 05-15-2010, 10:32 PM

1,719 posts, read 3,624,081 times
Quote:
Look....I understand your game. Its transparent....I have had this debate a thousand times and know the routine. I know what you are attempting to do.....and what you are attempting to avoid.
I haven't avoided anything. Every point you have brought up I have addressed. What's wrong...I hit a little too close to home?

Old 05-15-2010, 10:36 PM

1,719 posts, read 3,624,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I couldn't help but overhear them. Their conversation consisted of the following: Who had the lightest skin, the smallest lips, the least-nappy hair, and the best nose. The goal of this exchange was, the person with the "whitest" features was the better of the two. After they exhausted their own features, they began to apply those metrics to kids at school.
Now stuff like that is terrible. I do not think that black children should strive to "look" like white kids. A black person should not be ashamed of their features or their race.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:38 AM

221 posts, read 307,964 times
Quote:
Here black people are at the bottom of the world economically, while whites are on top, then when we find a way to undo the damage of white racism and feel better about ourselves and excel from the methodology……whites have a problem with it. If that don't beat all! No matter what we do…..whites got a problem with it….if it does not meet your approval. Well….sorry…..you all don’t actually have a very good history of having our best interest at heart...just your own!
The way to fix all this, as I keep trying to tell you Indentured Servant (or should it be "Slave" given what you write, they aren't the same thing)... is for black adults to instill in their kids a respect for education and a drive to achieve.

Of course it may mean that black males have to stick around and participate in the process. But that's what it's going to take.

You can only beat contemporary whites on the head, with their own economic concerns and child rearing problems for so long... before they simply tune you out.

Given the current economy, hasn't there been a rise in race tension? There's the proof that the non-blacks are getting tired of hearing about black issues and seeing programs aimed specifically at blacks.

The solution, like it or not, starts in the black community. The non-black community has it's own problems to deal with as well. Like it or not survival is an individual problem and folks are only going to help others to the degree that it doesn't hurt themselves too much.

So scream the "400 years of slavery" thing or whatever else you want, people are already starting to tune it out. No one is going to hear and believe "oppression" when there are billionaire black celebrities. You just can't make it stick.

But what you can do is encourage the black community to get a handle on it's own culture.

Now about this historical crap you continue to worry about. Surely you must've heard about THE MOORS, right?

Blacks took over sections of the Carribean, right? Have any of them ever suggested giving it back to the original population of Native Americans? Not to my knowledge. So on this count, blacks are no better than anyone else.

As I've said elsewhere and will again... quit clinging to your chains.

But realize, when folks start to realize that Africanization is a real threat, they may start to push back. As long as people are buying off on "Those poor blacks" you won't meet much resistance. But as more and more see their communities turn into little Detroits, eventually flight may become backlash.

As for Afrocentrism, most of the writings of Afrocentrists I've read seem to try to recast all of history as though negroid africans where somehow the creators of... well everything... hence the -centrist part of the word, LOL! Indoctrinating your kids to what may not (or may, who can tell) be factual history seems a logical error.

In any event, non-blacks have as much right at blacks to have thier own heritage, so at some point, expect that the other groups are going to reject the spread Africanization. The more forward looking, much like the Native Americans that killed off Euros as they arrived, will start rejecting it sooner. Those who don't recognize that it's happening, will take a little longer.

And since it seems that almost everywhere Africanization has taken root, decline has followed, well, you draw the conclusions.

Last edited by Jmadison2; 05-16-2010 at 12:50 AM..

Old 05-16-2010, 12:53 AM

[quote=Indentured Servant;14193079]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post

The evidence of performance at these schools indicates otherwise. Like I said....I am less interested in integration and unity than I am in reducing black poverty and violence.
Hmm... so clearly you issue is not "good for all" but "good for black".

Well there are places in the world that are majority black. Why not immigrate to them and not have to worry about other groups at all?

Old 05-16-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
It certainly fits a historical pattern. Here I present this video of a terrible example of poor self image of blacks, because they are black……and you find a way to make it the fault of black people. I knew in the end…..that would be your conclusion. Classic! Are you sure you are not a Yank….lol?
At this point in time it is partially the fault of blacks.

Black fathers take of the most of any group, right? What message does that send to black children?

Duh.

You continue to refuse to take responsibility for the role of *blacks* in this problem.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
I think the best term for the attitude of a lot of whites in this ere is "Obstructionist". Whatever blacks do....they always try to obstuct it. I guess I should be happy...for it is an improvement over "oppressionist"
Of course they are "obstuctionists". They are trying to obstruct the black agenda of taking over and the eventual decline it always leads to.

So from their perspective they are being defensive.

Until black doesn't objectively and disproportionately represent bad outcomes and decline, that won't change.

Duh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates