U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 01:00 AM

221 posts, read 307,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmallory View Post
the issue of race will never be solved because there are hate mongers like you. All you aim to do with your posts is instill your hatred of the white man and try to make us believe all this bs. You are ignorant to the fact that self-hatred starts at home. If your mom and dad hate each other or hate you, then guess what, it has nothing to do with race. I don't really care what further you have to say about any race issue, as it always comes back to "blacks act like they do because whites owned slaves and were racist pigs". Get over it, it happened, it's over, and now a "black man" is president. What more do you want from this country?
+1

Old 05-16-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If you are averse to truth....what good will a truthful example do? Moreover, why would the entire thread be debunked, assuming that you found one point I made debunked? Is it that you want to debunk the entire thread, in particular what is evidenced in those innocent and honest children, but can't on its merits? So you debunk this and claim that since I was wrong about this that is wrong too?

When some white folks are confronted with evidence that past and present racism has a negative impact upon black lives....it undercuts so much of your beliefs that you refuse the epipheny. You have too much invested in your ignorance and your world views and what you learned from your parents. Your beliefs are like your "Property" that you defend with all against those who attempt to usurp it.
Key words here... "... who attempt to usurp it."

So then we get to the real black man's agenda.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwonderwhy2124 View Post
actually dude..."averse" is a word. Not to be a grammar nazi or anything.

yes, the angry black man is socially acceptable and even encouraged. An angry white man....god forbid...where are the p.c. Police!
+1

Old 05-16-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
"Indentured Servant" is in reference to our national debt, including unfunded liabilities. It has nothing to do with race. Its an economic reference....not a racial one. Total debt per family is almost 700,000. We are all indentured to this debt.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Well, unfortunately the general populace reads "Indentured Servant" as meaning people who paid for their trip to the "New" World by being servants to those who paid passage.

It's generally taught that they were often white, and often, since they weren't owned for life, treated worse than slaves. I.e they were in effect rental cars. (Or perhaps Rent-a-Slaves.)

I'm shocked at your ignorance of the mal-treatment of whites by the rich! LOL!

Old 05-16-2010, 01:09 AM

Maybe what America needs is an Afro-ectomy, LOL!

Geez, not only was slavery a massive wrong, it was a massive error too.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:25 AM

8,666 posts, read 6,341,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I'm not Christian, and I'm white. There, I proved you wrong.

What the poster is asking for, though in a rather confrontational manner, is equal treatment in the debate. Nothing more, nothing less.
Ah....but that is my point. I am making generalization....not making claims of absolutes. A generalization is simply the general rule...not an absolute rule. I know many very good people that are white whom I hardly consider racist...eg...believe that blacks are inferior to whites. They believe, like I do, that blacks are in an unequal condition due to a historical legacy of oppression.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:41 AM

156 posts, read 189,404 times
At the risk of repeating what has already been said, it is ridiculous to have schools that promote one culture over another. White people are not allowed to promote our culture because when we do we are labeled as racist. It is ok for blacks to have the Ebony Awards, Miss Black America, and Black Entertainment Television. Imagine if there were the Ivory Awards, Miss White America, and White Entertainment Television? Think of the riots. Also, how about the National Merit Scholarships? There are scholarships with lower qualifications just for hispanic and black students. Why is that? There is not one with lower standards just for white students. These are just a few examples of racism practiced freely in America. I am tired of it. Everyone today is born with the ability to become anything you want to be. Get out and work for what you want, rather than expecting to be handed everything. I am white and was born with nothing. I managed to work hard and do well. No one gave me anything, and I did not feel entitled to a free ride. Some one said the people that had benifited the most from Affirmative Action were white women...that is a crock. You need to show statistics to back up your claim.

Even Oprah has had her Legends Banquet recognizing women who have achieved great things each year. Where are the white women who have helped make our country great? Why are they not recognized too? Oprah would not be famous without the love and respect of white women too.
We should all be treated equally, and we should not be segregated. Instances of racism should be stopped wheter it is white against black, black against white, or any other group against another. It is wrong, stupd, and old fashioned.

Old 05-16-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I don't think anyone's denying there's a problem Fontucky, nor that it's a serious one. It's how to make positive changes that's being debated.

...Before it got down to personal attack and spell checks. (wrong ones no less... )
What you don't respect is this: If someone is starving someone who is not starving has no standing in arguing that a meal for the starving is "junk food". Would you just rather they starved to death until they found a well balanced meal? Starving people cannot be choosy.

What you also don't seem to grasp is that what is being denigrated is the "essence" of the African phenotype, with a few exceptions, relative to the European phenotype. You are caught up on "Color", but it runs much deeper than that.

I watched my little daughter, with tears in her eyes, getting ready for school in the morning, wanting her hair to be long like the hair of the white girls at her school. I listened to her saying that a cetain dress would look better on her is "she were white". She was about 5 years old when going through that stage. It was a constant drama each morning my wife had to get her ready for school. It was obvious that her problem was with her AFRICAN features. My wife and I are very dark African Americans....and so is our daughter. How you think that such children can learn to feel good about themselves without FIRST learning to appreciate that which makes them feel "inferior"......I am dumfounded.

You seem to be suggesting that black learning to have a natural self respect for what they look like is "bad" or not the best way to achieve self esteem. Unless you have been in a similar situation....you are not qualified to know. Now, when implementing self respect one has to be careful not to go overboard. The goal is to see yourself and your natural features as just as good as any other group.......but not as superior. If my daughter says anything that tilts towards looking down on other people....we correct her as quickly as we correct her about looking down on herself. My daoughter is 7 now and has a healthier view of herself. When she used to only play with the white kids, she now plays mostly with black kids. Now we encourage her that she should befriend all kinds of kids....and invite them over to play. However, the first business of order was and is for her to have a healthy respect for who and what she is.....which is AFRICAN.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfalling View Post
At the risk of repeating what has already been said, it is ridiculous to have schools that promote one culture over another. White people are not allowed to promote our culture because when we do we are labeled as racist. It is ok for blacks to have the Ebony Awards, Miss Black America, and Black Entertainment Television. Imagine if there were the Ivory Awards, Miss White America, and White Entertainment Television? Think of the riots. Also, how about the National Merit Scholarships? There are scholarships with lower qualifications just for hispanic and black students. Why is that? There is not one with lower standards just for white students. These are just a few examples of racism practiced freely in America. I am tired of it. Everyone today is born with the ability to become anything you want to be. Get out and work for what you want, rather than expecting to be handed everything. I am white and was born with nothing. I managed to work hard and do well. No one gave me anything, and I did not feel entitled to a free ride. Some one said the people that had benifited the most from Affirmative Action were white women...that is a crock. You need to show statistics to back up your claim.

Even Oprah has had her Legends Banquet recognizing women who have achieved great things each year. Where are the white women who have helped make our country great? Why are they not recognized too? Oprah would not be famous without the love and respect of white women too.
We should all be treated equally, and we should not be segregated. Instances of racism should be stopped wheter it is white against black, black against white, or any other group against another. It is wrong, stupd, and old fashioned.
If only white folks spent the last 300 years fighting to be enslaved then live under an aparthied system where whites were kept poor and disenfranchised under a dominating group. Not once did I ever remember reading this history of whites complaining about the double standard that existed and why whites could not be enslaved, denigrated and had laws written keep them down? Yet, because of the consquences upon blacks of this past mistreatment....that whites did not want to share or complain about a double standard.....now treatment that deals with those past injuries are considered....doulbe standards by whites. You can't make this up. Truth is stranger than fiction...indeed.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:28 AM

156 posts, read 189,404 times
Research the history of the world and you will find that whites have been enslaved in the past. The whites of today are not the people that enslaved blacks, neither are they the ones that kept blacks poor and disenfranchised. Check out the poverty levels in America today, and you will find that many whites are poor. Do they deserve special treatment, or is that only reserved for poor blacks? Also, blacks claim they want to be treated equally, yet you ask for reparation or to be given special consideration because of your race. That is not equal. What about Native Americans? What about the Irish people and their descendants? Many people received unfair treatment at one time. The Chinese are another example. We could go on and on. White women were severely mistreated too. Today is a new day. Everyone should be treated fairly, but everyone should be treated the same. Do white men of today owe me because of what white men of long ago did to white women? I don't think so. Today's white men had nothing to do with it. Live in today not the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates