Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 03:09 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
26% of white children are born out of wedlock. 9% of whites live in poverty. 8% of whites are unemployed and whites commit murder, rape and robbery. Hence, it’s obvious that these statistics and rates manifest in whites despite there not being a history of the enslavement and degradation of the white race in this nation. In fact, there is not a group in America that does not have children born out of wedlock, unemployed people, people in poverty or members who commit crime.

Thus, no one has ever argued that ALL black poverty, unemployment, out of wedlock births, crime and other statics are the result of slavery and racism. However, that is often the straw man fallacy used to discredit the TRUE argument which is being made. Obviously in our system, there are reasons for poverty, unemployment, crime and such that is unrelated to the history of slavery and racial oppression. One can then suggest that such manifestations of socioeconomic being are “naturally” occurring. Hence, the baseline for these statistics not shaped by racial oppression is established by the white population, given that they are the vast majority and have been here long.

So the debate is this: Is the difference between black statistics and white statistics totally the produce of racial oppression? In other words, the black rate of poverty – white rate of poverty = oppression created poverty in blacks. The rate of black poverty = the rate of white poverty is thus poverty brought upon blacks from the same factor that it’s brought upon whites. In other words, let’s just say that 10% of humans, on average, in the USA have the tendency or trait that makes them their own worse enemy and results in poor choices, poverty, unemployment and crime. Consequently, there is this baseline of poverty, unemployment, crime and the like that society will basically always have. Is it fair to say, therefore, that anything above that %, in the black population, is therefore the result of “something else”?

The question is “what is the something else”? To argue that other humans have a 10% quota of being their own worst enemy but blacks have a 20% quota of being their own worst enemy is suggesting that the black race is inferior to other humans, is it not? What would make blacks self destruct at a rate higher than the norm, if not external factors? If not external factors it can only be internal factors. To say it’s not external does not require one to say it’s internal because it’s implied because it’s the only other option. People then say that it’s an inferior “Culture” but why would black people produce a culture that is inferior to other groups? What is it about black people, relative to others, that we cannot produce a culture as goods as others? If we are just as human and just as capable, at birth, then it makes no sense that we would produce an inferior culture if we are equal human beings. What explains? The explanation to the observation is where it is discovered if one is racist or not. This is why people have run from and danced around this point...out of fear and avoidance of being exposed.

If people respond to this at all...it will probably be a person attack to obfuscate and misdirect. They know to answer this cuts to the chase. Why does holding to the "external" theory make me an angry, hate filled racist....given all the history of evidence of what happened to blacks...and still happens to a lesser degree?
I'm in a hurry so I'm going to make this as quick as I can. All of these threads that have to do with race relations kind of all seem the same to me. Yet you clowns (when I say "clowns", I use it in the most respectful manner possible, given the accuracy of the term), seem to persist.

Here's the big, overall reality of race relations as I see it... There is no answer to the race relations problem unless we all give up on race. That means all folks have to ignore race. Not easy, huh? I think it would be possible if we all go at it as a challenge and treat the race situation with the determination of a mass anti-smoking campaign. But it would mean no BET, no Afrocentric schools. It would mean white folks can't keep up this "white flight" mentality. So, to be honest, I don't think it will ever happen. I don't say that to be cynical. I really think it's just too much to ask. I think too many of us wouldn't want that to happen. Race means just too much to some of us. It's a self-identity.

So, it probably means that for hundreds of years we have race relations that are not far from their current level of imperfection. Maybe we'll come to look at race relations kind of like we look at driving and our highway system... an ongoing, never-ending challenge. We have to police the motorists for infractions, and fill in the potholes when they appear. And we always have to be watchful, and hopefully respectful, of the other guy, whatever color he might be.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:28 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,691,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Personally, I believe that one reason black women are so unbelievably strong is because they've HAD TO BE unbelievably strong. Most of them have to be both the man and the woman, the mother and the father, because all the "men" are out running around trying to prove how big their weiners are. The underclass black men have 3 priorities, none of which are productive or lead to the bettering of society.
You have a good point.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:52 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
[quote=Omaha Rocks;14317832]
Quote:
If your ancestors did not come here in chains, you'd be living in that Hell Hole known as Africa.

Take your pick.
Yeah...and Europe was so great...why the hell did your ancestors come here....lol. Remember the black plague in Europe....remember the dark ages...remember the barbarians....remember the feudalism, peonage, serfdom, religious persecution....what a GREAT place that souded like. It was so great that your ancestors decided that there was just too much guilt with having such a good life in Europe....that the willfully came to America to give all that up. Meanwhile, Europe was colonizing the world to take the wealth and resources of people of color and use that the lift up white elites who then allowed some of that wealth to trickle down to white folks.

Humanity began in Africa....and you have no science to dispute it. In other words....Africans have been surviving long before there was such a thing as "white people".....so we did all right....not thanks to your contributions. When the world is destroyed.....it won't be from something black folks did.

Old 05-24-2010, 03:55 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,664,764 times
[quote=Indentured Servant;14318641]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post

Yeah...and Europe was so great...why the hell did your ancestors come here....lol. Remember the black plague in Europe....remember the dark ages...remember the barbarians....remember the feudalism, peonage, serfdom, religious persecution....what a GREAT place that souded like. It was so great that your ancestors decided that there was just too much guilt with having such a good life in Europe....that the willfully came to America to give all that up. Meanwhile, Europe was colonizing the world to take the wealth and resources of people of color and use that the lift up white elites who then allowed some of that wealth to trickle down to white folks.
The difference is that Europe has improved since then. Africa has not.

But it's all the fault of the white man, I'm sure.

Humanity began in Africa....and you have no science to dispute it. In other words....Africans have been surviving long before there was such a thing as "white people".....so we did all right....not thanks to your contributions. When the world is destroyed.....it won't be from something black folks did.
Humanity began in Africa. Interesting... One would think you'd have humanity perfected by now, but that simply isn't the case is it?
By the way, please explain why it is that Africa CONTINUES to be a festering Hell Hole. Thanks!

Old 05-24-2010, 04:00 PM

The bottom line is this.....if the problem of black people is that we make too many excuses about slavery, Jim Crow and the like, and whites don't have the same history in this country and therefore they can't and don't make the same excuses....then it does not take a rocket science to figure out that the different histories is what created the current different realities. Again, that points back to the history of white racism as being the CAUSE.

I presented the hypothetical scenarior that "blue" people took blacks and white people and enslaved them under the dominance of blue people in this nation, to the same degree and kind that was done for blacks, denigrating whiteness and blackness as inferior to blueness.....would whites be making excusess today too?

The goal of Omaha and Noexcuses is to avoid being exposed as racist. I can guarentee you that they believe that if white had been side by side in denegration and oppression with blacks......that whites would not be making excuses like they say blacks are. In fact, I bet they believe that whites would have fully recovered by now and blacks would still be suffering the effects. One can tell such is the case because they always try to equate the plight of white immigrants from Europe to be equal to that of what the African experienced in America. They are saying "white went from it equally as bad....and we are doing better than you". Again, it always points back to whites thinking they are superior.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:43 PM

[quote=Omaha Rocks;14318677]
Quote:

By the way, please explain why it is that Africa CONTINUES to be a festering Hell Hole. Thanks!
First of all....I have been to Africa 3 times and never experienced the "hell hole" of which you speak. The average person that I witnessed look happier than the average person that I witness in the US. Two of my friends who came here from Africa are going back home. One has a very successful business but says that life would be better for him back in Africa. In fact, the GDP of many African nations is improving at rates much better than the US. China has invested heavily in Africa Just liike the West invested heavily in Asia a few decades ago. So I don't see Africa as the hell hole that you do. It cerainly has it problems....but I see a lot of potential.

Finally, one thing that you don't realize is that the ONLY, the ONLY, the ONLY measure of success in nature is reproductive survival. No matter how well a species lives.....if it does out prematurely it was not successful by the metrics of nature. If you look at the world.....white population growth has fell below the replacement threshold of 2.1 births for women. In Europe, its below zero population growth in many counries. The fact that people live so long is masking that their is going to be a radical drop off in the white population in 50 years, while on the other hand, worldwide the fertility rate of black women is 7 children per women. So by natures standard black peope are meeting the defintion of success. We have been here for a long time and by those numbers it looks like we will be here for an even longer time......unless white folks creat something that whips out humankind.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:43 PM

240 posts, read 537,273 times
Quote:

If our ancestors had not come here in chains we would not be here in the condition that we are in. You cannot seperate our ancestors enslavement from who we are, where we are and the condition we are in any more than you can remove the history and choices of your ancestors from where you exist today. If my ancestors were not slaves.....we would not be having this conversation because I would not exist.

Over 100,000 Irish were brought to the Americas as slave many years before the first slave ship sailed here from Africa. Do you hear many Irish still using the old "My people came here in chains," crutch?

Its old, tired, wore out and overly used. No American alive today suffered from slavery, unless they were a POW in some Asian or German prison during WWII or the Viet Nam wars.

Affirmative Action has been around for the past 30 years, and many have taken full advantage of it to better themselves. There is no excuse for anyone able bodied in the US today NOT to succeed if they have the desire to do.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:51 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
26% of white children are born out of wedlock. 9% of whites live in poverty. 8% of whites are unemployed and whites commit murder, rape and robbery. Hence, it’s obvious that these statistics and rates manifest in whites despite there not being a history of the enslavement and degradation of the white race in this nation. In fact, there is not a group in America that does not have children born out of wedlock, unemployed people, people in poverty or members who commit crime.

Thus, no one has ever argued that ALL black poverty, unemployment, out of wedlock births, crime and other statics are the result of slavery and racism. However, that is often the straw man fallacy used to discredit the TRUE argument which is being made. Obviously in our system, there are reasons for poverty, unemployment, crime and such that is unrelated to the history of slavery and racial oppression. One can then suggest that such manifestations of socioeconomic being are “naturally” occurring. Hence, the baseline for these statistics not shaped by racial oppression is established by the white population, given that they are the vast majority and have been here long.

So the debate is this: Is the difference between black statistics and white statistics totally the produce of racial oppression? In other words, the black rate of poverty – white rate of poverty = oppression created poverty in blacks. The rate of black poverty = the rate of white poverty is thus poverty brought upon blacks from the same factor that it’s brought upon whites. In other words, let’s just say that 10% of humans, on average, in the USA have the tendency or trait that makes them their own worse enemy and results in poor choices, poverty, unemployment and crime. Consequently, there is this baseline of poverty, unemployment, crime and the like that society will basically always have. Is it fair to say, therefore, that anything above that %, in the black population, is therefore the result of “something else”?

The question is “what is the something else”? To argue that other humans have a 10% quota of being their own worst enemy but blacks have a 20% quota of being their own worst enemy is suggesting that the black race is inferior to other humans, is it not? What would make blacks self destruct at a rate higher than the norm, if not external factors? If not external factors it can only be internal factors. To say it’s not external does not require one to say it’s internal because it’s implied because it’s the only other option. People then say that it’s an inferior “Culture” but why would black people produce a culture that is inferior to other groups? What is it about black people, relative to others, that we cannot produce a culture as goods as others? If we are just as human and just as capable, at birth, then it makes no sense that we would produce an inferior culture if we are equal human beings. What explains? The explanation to the observation is where it is discovered if one is racist or not. This is why people have run from and danced around this point...out of fear and avoidance of being exposed.

If people respond to this at all...it will probably be a person attack to obfuscate and misdirect. They know to answer this cuts to the chase. Why does holding to the "external" theory make me an angry, hate filled racist....given all the history of evidence of what happened to blacks...and still happens to a lesser degree?
you really do like to hear yourself talk.

you are a racist because your posts are consumed with useless drivel presented in a bigoted way . simple really

Old 05-24-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawdog View Post
Over 100,000 Irish were brought to the Americas as slave many years before the first slave ship sailed here from Africa. Do you hear many Irish still using the old "My people came here in chains," crutch?

Its old, tired, wore out and overly used. No American alive today suffered from slavery, unless they were a POW in some Asian or German prison during WWII or the Viet Nam wars.

Affirmative Action has been around for the past 30 years, and many have taken full advantage of it to better themselves. There is no excuse for anyone able bodied in the US today NOT to succeed if they have the desire to do.
Yep....the Irish could do what the blacks cannot do. Everyone can do what the blacks seem not to be able to do. Everyone is so much superior to black people in the eyes of white peope. There is a gene in black people not found in the Irish, the English, the German, the Polish...etc, that allows whites to overcome things better than blacks, free of excuses, free of laziness, free of irresponsibility....man you all are gd like. All hail the perfect race

Western civilization is crumbling.....who you gonna blame? I rememer when Africa was said doomed to its debt. Now the West are beggar nations that have to borrow from Asians and print money out of thin air to keep the economies affloat. You best stop feeling good about yourselves by looking down upon blacks and realize that your ship is sinking and its because of YOU.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:03 PM

240 posts, read 537,273 times
Quote:
Yep....the Irish could do what the blacks cannot do. Everyone can do what the blacks seem not to be able to do. Everyone is so much superior to black people in the eyes of white peope. There is a gene in black people not found in the Irish, the English, the German, the Polish...etc, that allows whites to overcome things better than blacks, free of excuses, free of laziness, free of irresponsibility....man you all are gd like. All hail the perfect race

Western civilization is crumbling.....who you gonna blame? I rememer when Africa was said doomed to its debt. Now the West are beggar nations that have to borrow from Asians and print money out of thin air to keep the economies affloat. You best stop feeling good about yourselves by looking down upon blacks and realize that your ship is sinking and its because of YOU.

Why do you hate Blacks so much???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates