Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 01:58 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,035,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZone View Post
Why exactly can we not buy unpasturized milk if we chooze to.

I think you should as long as all the products are clearly marked. That's where the problem begins, Mom buys unpasteurized milk, Mom makes goodies with bad milk. 20 kids get sick at a party.... We can send the producer to jail for not clearly marking their product but what do you do with the "Mom" when 20 kids get sick?

Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
-sigh-
Some of care very much about the food we eat, and where it comes from.
If you dont feel the same, dont make light of us........you never know, people like us might be feeding people like you someday.
Tell me about it! I'm PISSED over the Feds turning off the water supply to farmers in Central California!!! That means more imported stuff from places like China!:-(((

Old 07-19-2010, 12:25 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,876,338 times
From fresh cow or goat milk, to chickens and farm raised produce, meats and more the government appears to be sticking their nose into things. Personally I want natural products without the pesticides and toxins that seem to be on commercially grown or produced products.

I don’t want to see any product in the market that is harmful to others commercially or private. That being said, I find the “government” being the bad guy when they do check on the food industry and they are also the bad guy when they “fail” to check on the industry and keep harmful products away from the consumers. Simply put the government is always found to be the bad guy. It’s a no win situation for them.

I don’t want e-coli and other harmful substances in our food chain, but I want healthy natural foods available to me. I can’t always find them in the commercial markets because the commercial market has a big lobby industry on government officials to keep their special interests in mind when they inspect and monitor the food industry. Inspectors look the other way on some items and issues and appear to be unfair and unbalanced in just what they do for the public.

I don’t blame government, I find fault with the lobbyists and commercial food industries who have influence on what we eat. People (you and me) don’t have a lobbyist to make our representatives work for us.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:39 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,197,391 times
I just wanted to say thanks to whom ever repped me. I'm at 700!:-)

Old 07-19-2010, 12:41 PM

18,212 posts, read 25,848,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
From fresh cow or goat milk, to chickens and farm raised produce, meats and more the government appears to be sticking their nose into things. Personally I want natural products without the pesticides and toxins that seem to be on commercially grown or produced products.

I don’t want to see any product in the market that is harmful to others commercially or private. That being said, I find the “government” being the bad guy when they do check on the food industry and they are also the bad guy when they “fail” to check on the industry and keep harmful products away from the consumers. Simply put the government is always found to be the bad guy. It’s a no win situation for them.

I don’t want e-coli and other harmful substances in our food chain, but I want healthy natural foods available to me. I can’t always find them in the commercial markets because the commercial market has a big lobby industry on government officials to keep their special interests in mind when they inspect and monitor the food industry. Inspectors look the other way on some items and issues and appear to be unfair and unbalanced in just what they do for the public.

I don’t blame government, I find fault with the lobbyists and commercial food industries who have influence on what we eat. People (you and me) don’t have a lobbyist to make our representatives work for us.
Absolutely! Thanks Aksarben!

Old 07-19-2010, 02:06 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,991,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksarben View Post
from fresh cow or goat milk, to chickens and farm raised produce, meats and more the government appears to be sticking their nose into things. Personally i want natural products without the pesticides and toxins that seem to be on commercially grown or produced products.

I don’t want to see any product in the market that is harmful to others commercially or private. That being said, i find the “government” being the bad guy when they do check on the food industry and they are also the bad guy when they “fail” to check on the industry and keep harmful products away from the consumers. Simply put the government is always found to be the bad guy. It’s a no win situation for them.

I don’t want e-coli and other harmful substances in our food chain, but i want healthy natural foods available to me. I can’t always find them in the commercial markets because the commercial market has a big lobby industry on government officials to keep their special interests in mind when they inspect and monitor the food industry. Inspectors look the other way on some items and issues and appear to be unfair and unbalanced in just what they do for the public.

I don’t blame government, i find fault with the lobbyists and commercial food industries who have influence on what we eat. People (you and me) don’t have a lobbyist to make our representatives work for us.
+1

Old 07-19-2010, 02:08 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,186,695 times
There was a reason a guy named Louis came up with an idea of pasteurization.

Mosdt posters forget that !

Old 07-19-2010, 02:09 PM

Yup, the health dept should like the other way when confirmed cases of e-coli are linked to a farm selling raw mik. sarc

Old 07-19-2010, 02:10 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,991,578 times
We have a far greater knowledge of bacteria and microbes now then we did way back in the day.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:36 PM

based on what people pull out of their " hats" and post on the internet as " gospel" truth.

Regarding bacteria, interesting that organic processors will reject milk that has too high a bacteria count, yet raw milk buyers are so gullible they will pay a premium for the milk that was rejected by processors.

Simply amazing !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living