Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 02:39 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,409,600 times

Advertisements

Yes, it is the WonderWash in the picture. I just checked out the No Impact Man DVD from my local library so I can tell you the WW is much better than a bath tub for washing clothes.

I've did an exact count of how many clothes I can fit in for one load. I'd estimate a typical load includes 4 boxer shorts, 8 socks, 4 wash rags, a dish towl, several shirts, and a pair of jeans. Basically about half a laundry basket for me. It only takes a few minutes of spinning the thing to wash and rinse, it takes twice that for the water to drain through the nossel and about another 10 minutes to wring and hang my clothes. I hang them in the bath tub for a few hours to let them drip and then I put them in my extra closet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 12:52 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,925,069 times
L.E.D.'s

Old 01-24-2011, 07:57 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,591,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Do you mean this:

?

And it actually works? How many pairs of jeans can you do at a time?

This looks really awesome. I had never heard of anything like this - thank you! But I have two boys and a husband that wears big clothes... I think my arm might fall off washing all their clothes in this thing. Oh wait - they can wash their own clothes!! Hmmm.....

I have one but mine doesn't have a drain hole at the bottom; yours must be high tech Wish they were made of metal instead because the plastic can break easily. They can convert those portable propane tanks for outside grilles into Mighty Wonder Wash. Are there any portable wringers from them?

Old 01-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Ode

298 posts, read 752,568 times
Lehman's has several items for electric free living. Including a wringer for your clothes. But the most economical version would be one of those buckets with a mop wringer. Get a plunger, meant for washing clothes. They have a metal plunger head, so they don't leave marks on clothes as rubber will. Does a superb job washing clothes, even heavily soiled ones.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode View Post
Lehman's has several items for electric free living. Including a wringer for your clothes. But the most economical version would be one of those buckets with a mop wringer. Get a plunger, meant for washing clothes. They have a metal plunger head, so they don't leave marks on clothes as rubber will. Does a superb job washing clothes, even heavily soiled ones.
So using your basic commericial mop bucket with wringer will do the job???? I have seen the plunger you are talking about online.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:37 PM

139 posts, read 384,045 times
Not a product but an action - Downsizing! I'm glad to see more people opt for the smaller footprint home, realizing how wasteful and inefficient the "McMansion" mentality is.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:59 PM

7,320 posts, read 12,276,308 times
KONE EcoSpace machine room-less (MRL) traction elevator. Uses 1/3 as much energy as a hydraulic elevator and uses no oil.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Ode

298 posts, read 752,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
So using your basic commericial mop bucket with wringer will do the job???? I have seen the plunger you are talking about online.
Yes, it will. You do need to be careful when feeding things with buttons and zippers through the wringer, just as you do with an ordinary laundry wringer. But if you want one designed specifically for laundry, the wringer alone will run 150-200 dollars. And a washtub is also very costly. At least you can use the mop bucket for mopping too.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode View Post
Yes, it will. You do need to be careful when feeding things with buttons and zippers through the wringer, just as you do with an ordinary laundry wringer. But if you want one designed specifically for laundry, the wringer alone will run 150-200 dollars. And a washtub is also very costly. At least you can use the mop bucket for mopping too.
I rather save a couple of $$$

Old 02-21-2011, 09:43 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,186,965 times
Simple net bags made from string for shopping. You can wad them up in a pocket so I'm far more likely to use them then the other more standard rectangle kind. For some reason they really make me happy.
And during a 2 day power outage I used my little windup flashlight a lot. Had to wind pretty frequently and it was a little annoying but I'm happy enough with it, didn't have to worry about batteries. Will investigate the windup radio next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living