Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:48 AM

1,128 posts, read 1,644,913 times

Advertisements

Well, what is there that we can buy that is actually made in the USA anymore?
And I always reuse my plastic water bottles and never have any mold problem. They just have to get air in them just like a bathroom gets mold its not ventilated properly...
I do like these bottles though and the messages on them, but I couldn't find the cost of each one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 10:18 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I know some of us would prefer to buy a metal water bottle not made in China for any number of reasons. And most people would like to support U.S. businesses.
I get promotion emails from a local outdoor adventure store and they are carrying a new product - a metal water bottle made in the US!
Liberty Bottle Works in the Pacific NW

Liberty Bottle Works
Thank yoU!

Old 03-31-2011, 10:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I use cups around the house and just buy bottled water for long car trips and keep the bottle for reuse. Eventually it gets trashed.

Old 03-31-2011, 01:21 PM

154 posts, read 357,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Excuse me but I am a clean freak so with all due respect your statement is complete bs !!!
try a little bleach.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:38 AM

5 posts, read 8,682 times
Default A good place to do research

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Most companies who actually manufacture in the USA are quite proud of it and put it out there where it is obvious. Those who import use words like "based in USA" and either don't mention or hide where the goods are manufactured in the small print.
Even things that say "made in the usa" aren't always completely made in the usa

One place that I've recently found is www.americanalternative.net. They seem to be pretty thorough with their research and they seem to call out companies that say "made in usa" when only some parts or processes are made here.

Unfortunately they only seem to have looked at water bottles so far, but hopefully they start looking at other products, too!

And they do say Nalgene (only some of their bottles) and Liberty Bottle Works bottles are made in the USA (which some of the other commenters have talked about).

Last edited by sleventy8; 10-28-2011 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: cant make the link work right

Old 10-28-2011, 10:49 AM

5 posts, read 8,682 times
Can't you just throw most bottles in the dishwasher?

Old 01-16-2013, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 2,562 times
ALL Stainless steel is manufactured outside the US. Any stainless steel product claiming to be made in the USA is merely assembled here.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:33 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aluminum.andrew View Post
ALL Stainless steel is manufactured outside the US. Any stainless steel product claiming to be made in the USA is merely assembled here.
So you are saying no stainless steel products are formed/made here?

Sorry, wrong.....

Stainless Steel on ThomasNet.com: Stainless Steel Suppliers, Stainless Steel Manufacturers and Distributors

Old 03-09-2013, 12:58 PM

541 posts, read 1,994,662 times
Lifefactory - BPA-Free, Glass Bottles with Silicone Sleeves, Beverage Bottles, BPA-Free Baby Bottles

Quote:
Our glass beverage bottle collection is designed for health-conscious, design-minded adults. We offer a full range of sizes, colors and caps for all of the wonderful variety that modern life brings. Lifefactory reusable adult bottles are made of high quality soda lime glass and wrapped in a protective silicone sleeve. Always BPA-free and dishwasher safe, all components are made in the U.S. or Europe.

Last edited by MissingAll4Seasons; 03-09-2013 at 05:28 PM..

Old 03-09-2013, 05:03 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthatmouse View Post
Lifefactory - BPA-Free, Glass Bottles with Silicone Sleeves, Beverage Bottles, BPA-Free Baby Bottles

Our glass beverage bottle collection is designed for health-conscious, design-minded adults. We offer a full range of sizes, colors and caps for all of the wonderful variety that modern life brings. Lifefactory reusable adult bottles are made of high quality soda lime glass and wrapped in a protective silicone sleeve. Always BPA-free and dishwasher safe, all components are made in the U.S. or Europe.
I love glass and drink from it at work and home (including hot tea). Looks like a great product.
curious what the top is made from? You know, the part the screws in an touches the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living