Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 03:32 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,193,209 times

Advertisements

People like their lives regulated by someone or something.

They like to be told what to do.

Let nature take it's way is not in their book...

People have been conditioned not to listen what their bodies are telling them... (Someone else will tell them)...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 03:36 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,193,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
i forgot to add that if anyone had ever been to a corporate dairy and saw all the blood that is mixed in with the milk I can assure you you would NEVER drink that again!!
Not that I don't doubt what you saw but in modern milk processing plants any blood in the milk is removed during the clarification phase...

Milk Processing

Quote:
Processing of raw milk starts with clarification or separation, using centrifuges. The clarification process removes impurities like blood cells from the milk that will be sold as whole milk (milk containing all of its butterfat). Separation process removes butterfat as well as impurities from milk. Skim milk is produced when all the butterfat is removed from the raw milk

Old 10-22-2011, 07:45 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,412,572 times
Some people are just so terribly irresponsible or ignorant about their health that they need to be told how to eat or at least warned about the consequences of eating badly. Especially if they are parents who are setting an example to children.

For those who are educated and responsible about how to eat healthily then it's a non issue, for them, isn't it? They have the common sense to eat responsibly and don't need "policing".

The ideal is that everyone would be as responsible, but they're not, and that then filters down the generations as these people have children, which end up obese, so yes there should be some form of control for those not responsible. Now-a-days everyone bleats about "but oh oh my freedoms". But the actual constitution contained something along the lines of "with freedom comes responsibility" and that latter bit is ignored by 99% of people. Those without responsibility don't deserve freedom or rights.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:39 AM

672 posts, read 810,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
From articles I have read, these folks were arrested for illegally raw milk and other unpastuerized products. This has nothing to with a large corporation trying to put them out of business.

I don't think large companies care that much because the average person doesn't want raw products. Raw milk looks, smells and tastes like s**t. I've had it from a dairy farm and would never try it again.

As for complaining about the cops having their guns drawn during the arrest, you obviously have no understanding or concept of how law enforcement works. Any time a "raid" goes down there is potential for the perp to pull a gun, resist, etc. The LEOs executed the warrant/raid go into all of them protecting themselves as much as possible. This includes drawing weapons. I really don't know what you mean by "in a threatening manner", simply having the gun drawn is a threat in itself.
What a bunch of crap. Unpasteurized products are legal in the state that this went down. You don't understand the politics behind it. You don't have a firm grasp on the polictics of the food industry.

You are just plain ignorant. "perps". LOL watch out for those organic egg sellers they might draw down on you at the farmer's market.

Standard operating procedures were not followed for a label mislabeling complaint and investigation.

They were seizing products at a food co-op. Maybe you think it's standard operating procedures to point a gun at cashier at a grocery store in your area and search their persons for a food mislabeling investigation in your neck of the woods but not here.

Last edited by Dhult; 10-22-2011 at 11:50 AM..

Old 10-22-2011, 11:45 AM

SHHH!

Now I'm going to go break California law and eat eggs fresh out of my coup.

Last edited by Dhult; 10-22-2011 at 11:53 AM..

Old 10-22-2011, 11:51 AM

Old 10-22-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Some people are just so terribly irresponsible or ignorant about their health that they need to be told how to eat or at least warned about the consequences of eating badly.
Elitist much!
What you don't get is it's not your place to decide or government. No, people do not need to be told or "forced".

The basic natural right to grow your own food and put into your body what you chose is old as time.

I know that is hard for someone in the UK to comprehend with every part of your life intruded upon and the collective nature of all Europe but here we still struggle to be free.

Who the hell do you people think you are that you can command what I eat?

No, I don't need to be told! If my choice and my notion of healthy is different than yours you have no right to force your will on what I consume.

Junk Food, less healthy food,
or a private food co-op it is my choice.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:17 PM

Rawesome foods has been open for years. There has never been a customer complaint or health problem.

Seems to me that it would be easier to hold accountable a local producer on a small scale if problems arises. It seems at least to me that it would be harder to hold accountable big ag. Small farmers don't want to get their limited customer base sick.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:47 PM

913 posts, read 872,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Today in the US we are subjected to gobs of government rules and regulations. I understand that some of that control is supposed to be for the well being of the citizens. However, where is the line between safety and domination? When you watch the video keep in mind this is a food coop the police are raiding. Not for drugs but for raw food products that the members of this coop choose to buy and consume. With their guns drawn and in a threatening manner the police arrested several members of this coop and charged them with felonies.
We are being forced to buy and eat GMO's, given little to no choice on meat with A/B's or hormones, and are offered irradiated foods. I believe the wrong people were charged here.
This is a year old but it demonstrates how we, the American consumer, are being dictated to by big business and the corporation. Farmers have been forced out of business by industrial farm concerns and Monsanto has sued over GMO rights. Now it seems that they will even attack a local coop selling select products to a select few who prefer these products. What has happened to the freedom of the American people?

Rawesome Foods Raided... Again! - YouTube

regulations are designed to kill small business! that is their purpose, period! they sell it to us differently though. they tell us that the regulations are designed to keep us safe!

Old 10-22-2011, 02:07 PM

913 posts, read 872,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
How dare the government interfere with the right of the free market to include Listeria in our food.

yup, because small food producers are bending over backwards trying to make you sick! it's really good for their business!

oh and seeing that 90% of food bourne illness is due to improper preparation at home, perhaps the fda and usda should install cameras in our homes to make sure we comply?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living