U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 11:53 AM

7,031 posts, read 8,811,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
~ Bacon is natural

~ Butter is natural

~ Mozzarella is natural

~ The sun dried tomatoes probably have chemicals in them

~ Bread soaked in bacon grease is natural

So what's the problem???
What's what problem? I merely made a statement that the bread is the least healthiest component, because of the effect it has on blood glucose (would be lesser with whole meal) which the others don't. And if it is refined "white" bread it is stripped of the vast majority of any nutritional value. Not to mention the crops it's made from are all sprayed with chemicals. Anyway when you eat rubbish food it's your problem not mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 05:40 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,343,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
What's what problem? I merely made a statement that the bread is the least healthiest component, because of the effect it has on blood glucose (would be lesser with whole meal) which the others don't. And if it is refined "white" bread it is stripped of the vast majority of any nutritional value. Not to mention the crops it's made from are all sprayed with chemicals. Anyway when you eat rubbish food it's your problem not mine.
If one looks closer, the picture show wheat buns smothered in mozzarella cheese.

Thank god, does this mean we won't have to listen to elitist know-it-all rants anymore?

Great....

Old 10-26-2011, 06:02 AM

Quote:
If one looks closer, the picture show wheat buns smothered in mozzarella cheese.

Thank god, does this mean we won't have to listen to elitist know-it-all rants anymore?

Great....
It looks like bread to me. You even called it bread in the original picture. That's what we have in this country. It comes in two varieties, refined (white) and whole wheat (brown). Didn't you know that?

Given I don't eat bread or anything with wheat in it I couldn't care less anyway! Your type of person will remember what I said when you pay all your huge medical bills as you suffer with your lifestyle related diseases which affect more than half of your population.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
It looks like bread to me. You even called it bread in the original picture. That's what we have in this country. It comes in two varieties, refined (white) and whole wheat (brown). Didn't you know that?
Whole wheat to me is bread, you have my deepest sympathies that you only have two breads available.

I knew the UK was boring but not that boring...

Old 10-26-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Whole wheat to me is bread, you have my deepest sympathies that you only have two breads available.

I knew the UK was boring but not that boring...
Based on that you really don't know much, at all then, and what you think you know is assumptions. That would be something for me to be sympathetic about, if I actually was, that is.

I've seen the type of crap that constitutes 90% of the SAD (standard american diet) and it's largely fatty greasy corn syrup laden junk that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole! Yeuch!!! I much more highly rate our wide range of highly multicultural cuisine here in the boring UK.

Last edited by Weatherfan2; 10-26-2011 at 09:16 AM..

Old 10-26-2011, 09:58 AM

Sooo you stick with the elitist UK attitude and I'll stick with the American tastes good attitude and let the mods kill of this useless thread...

Old 10-27-2011, 12:35 PM

913 posts, read 745,786 times
Quote:
Yeah I know mate my idea of freedom is that it comes with responsibilities, much distorted from the prevailing common idea that it doesn't eh.

yup, what i eat is my responsibility. if what i eat makes me ill, fat, unhealthy, that is my problem. i don't need a nanny like you to tell me what to eat. you look after yourself and your family and i'll look after mine.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:06 AM

11,082 posts, read 10,102,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
yup, what i eat is my responsibility.
if what i eat makes me ill, fat, unhealthy, that is my problem.
i don't need a nanny like you to tell me what to eat.
you look after yourself and your family and i'll look after mine.

You're right. No one here has the right to tell you what you should eat or what to feed your family. However, don't think that your body won't have an adverse reaction to the unhealthy food you put into it. It may not happen when you're in your 20's, 30's or even your 40's. But, something happens at the magical age of 50. All that horrible treatment you did to your body catches up with you. It's like playing Russian Roulette. Eventually, the gun goes off and the damage is done. Just sayin

Old 11-13-2011, 10:33 PM

913 posts, read 745,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
You're right. No one here has the right to tell you what you should eat or what to feed your family. However, don't think that your body won't have an adverse reaction to the unhealthy food you put into it. It may not happen when you're in your 20's, 30's or even your 40's. But, something happens at the magical age of 50. All that horrible treatment you did to your body catches up with you. It's like playing Russian Roulette. Eventually, the gun goes off and the damage is done. Just sayin
i recently watched 'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". i have always had some exposure to that world through my mother who is into alternative therapies.

having said that, there seems to be more pressure from govt to tell us what to eat, or more importantly what we may not eat. i have a problem with that

Old 11-13-2011, 11:16 PM

11,082 posts, read 10,102,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
i recently watched 'Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". i have always had some exposure to that world through my mother who is into alternative therapies.

having said that, there seems to be more pressure from govt to tell us what to eat, or more importantly what we may not eat. i have a problem with that

I saw that one! It's a great documentary and really informative about the effects of a good food vs bad food and the effects on the body. Great info about pharmaceuticals and the damage they do to a body. I am a huge advocate of alternative medicine; both in treatment of illness and preventative measures.

The pressure government puts on us comes from special interest groups who grease the palms of those officials to sell their lousy products that are killing people. I'm still waiting for the "sheeple" to wake up and quit believing that government knows best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living