U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 08:56 PM

21,094 posts, read 23,786,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i wasn't aware that we were discussing labelling, where did that come from?
i tend to agree with you on that point though, label it and let the consumer decide.

so, did you leave a public comment?

Hmmmmm...topic is saftey of GMOs?? If they are safe, then lable them...I find it difficult to accept the safety of consumable foods if it isn't labled and ingredients fully disclosed...

Old 02-10-2012, 09:17 PM

15,924 posts, read 17,361,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Hmmmmm...topic is saftey of GMOs?? If they are safe, then lable them...I find it difficult to accept the safety of consumable foods if it isn't labled and ingredients fully disclosed...
How many letters have you written the FDA on labeling? How many calls have you made to your Congressman/Senator on labeling?

There are millions around the world who are saved from starving to death because of GMO's.

Other countries (including first world countries) are increasing their usage of GMO's because they understand the benefits of using it and don't buy into the elitist conspiracy theorists viewpoint they are hazardous to either human beings or the environment.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:37 PM

26,055 posts, read 18,830,764 times
Quote:
Labelling has nothing to do with safety. my apple trees produce delicious apples. they are perfectly safe without the benefit of labels.

why don't you want to say whether or not you left a public comment?
this is your golden opportunity..

Old 02-11-2012, 09:18 AM

21,094 posts, read 23,786,514 times
Can it be verified if I have or not? it might be in the spam box at GMOsKill@monsanto.com?

My friend is allegic to peanuts, and without LABELING some food is NOT safe for her to consume..

Old 02-11-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Can it be verified if I have or not? it might be in the spam box at GMOsKill@monsanto.com?

My friend is allegic to peanuts, and without LABELING some food is NOT safe for her to consume..
if you have what or not? what might be in the spam box, whatever that is?

geez, can't you be a little less cryptic?

Old 02-11-2012, 10:38 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,416,175 times
Labeling is a good thing. It has nothing to do with the GMO issue. All foods should be labeled. The apples should be label as to point of origin.

The US is moving ahead at a prudent pace on GMO. It's an exciting technology that over time will really improve agriculture.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:

So? care to answer the question I posed to you earlier?

How many letters have you written the FDA on labeling? How many calls have you made to your Congressman/Senator on labeling?

What demonstrations have you staged in front of stores that sell GM produce?

Why haven't you started your own thread concerning labeling instead of trying to hijack this one?

Old 02-11-2012, 03:24 PM

15,847 posts, read 30,236,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCGranny View Post
Of course we believe this study... who funded it, again?

Doesn't matter. My cows - as well as all of the literally thousands of cows on neighboring ranches - can't read. And they're the ones who are refusing to graze even the cornstalks, much less the corn, of GMO plantings. They'll eat the grass and weeds growing up at the base of the cornstalk - but won't touch it otherwse. Of course, they're just stupid animals - what do they know? After all, we're all educated here, and can implicitly and intelligently believe whatever we are told by people who have done studies, for gawrshsakes! Grind that corn - grits, anyone? The more the cows refuse to eat, the more for us! YAY!
I have read numerous accounts of other laboratory creatures (chiefly rats and mice), who will not eat GMO foods even when very, very hungry. I suppose those rats and mice are just as stupid as the cows are.

The fact of the matter is that GMO food has been PROVEN to have a negative impact on organ functioning as well as suppression of the immune system. I think, by now just about everyone in the known universe knows what happened to the sheep in India who grazed on the GMO cotton forage.

The OP can show me all the "studies" in the universe that have been bought and paid for by Monsanto, Cargill, Dow, and the other giants in the commercial farming industry, and all their minions as well and you will never convince me that tomatoes with pig genes are going to be good for me.

As for the statement that someone here made about there having been GMO produce in our food supply for a very long time, sadly that is true. Is it any wonder why then cancer, diabetes, heart disease and other once-rare maladies are now OFF THE CHARTS? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

I am very fortunate to be able to grow heirloom vegetables in my garden, but I see a day when that might not be LEGAL thanks to the financial influences of the purveyors of Frankenfood. Many countries, including Hungary, Ireland, Germany, India, and many, many more have banned GMO foods from being grown within their boundaries. I guess they are just as stupid as the cows and rats and mice who know that this stuff will kill you.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-11-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I am very fortunate to be able to grow heirloom vegetables in my garden, but I see a day when that might not be LEGAL thanks to the financial influences of the purveyors of Frankenfood. Many countries, including Hungary, Ireland, Germany, India, and many, many more have banned GMO foods from being grown within their boundaries. I guess they are just as stupid as the cows and rats and mice who know that this stuff will kill you.

20yrsinBranson
That's funny, GM crop planting has increased year by year worldwide.

In fact I opened a thread on this exact subject with numerous links.

Some countries will ban it, others won't....

GMO Crop Growing: Growing Around the World

Old 02-11-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I have read numerous accounts of other laboratory creatures (chiefly rats and mice), who will not eat GMO foods even when very, very hungry. I suppose those rats and mice are just as stupid as the cows are.
where can one read about these accounts? have they been published in actual scientific journals, or just hysterical greenie blogs?

Quote:
The fact of the matter is that GMO food has been PROVEN to have a negative impact on organ functioning as well as suppression of the immune system. I think, by now just about everyone in the known universe knows what happened to the sheep in India who grazed on the GMO cotton forage.
this?

Quote:
The OP can show me all the "studies" in the universe that have been bought and paid for by Monsanto, Cargill, Dow, and the other giants in the commercial farming industry, and all their minions as well and you will never convince me that tomatoes with pig genes are going to be good for me.
well, that's convenient, since you couldn't buy a tomato containing pig genes even if you wanted to.

Quote:
As for the statement that someone here made about there having been GMO produce in our food supply for a very long time, sadly that is true. Is it any wonder why then cancer, diabetes, heart disease and other once-rare maladies are now OFF THE CHARTS? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
what is your basis for blaming an increase in those diseases on GMO produce?

Quote:
I am very fortunate to be able to grow heirloom vegetables in my garden, but I see a day when that might not be LEGAL thanks to the financial influences of the purveyors of Frankenfood. Many countries, including Hungary, Ireland, Germany, India, and many, many more have banned GMO foods from being grown within their boundaries. I guess they are just as stupid as the cows and rats and mice who know that this stuff will kill you

sheer hysteria.

i would like to read more about these cows, rats and mice who 'know' that 'thise stuff' will kill you, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or