U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-02-2012, 08:19 PM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,094 posts, read 23,818,620 times
Reputation: 7812

Advertisements

GMOs are so safe, corporations like monsanto have to be forced to lable and identify products containing GMOs? Why fear the truth? Ask them to put their seal of approval on products that contain GMOs...

Bill seeks to reimburse farmers for organic certification

 
Old 03-03-2012, 02:18 AM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,376,698 times
Reputation: 7641
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
GMOs are so safe, corporations like monsanto have to be forced to lable and identify products containing GMOs? Why fear the truth? Ask them to put their seal of approval on products that contain GMOs...

Bill seeks to reimburse farmers for organic certification
~Yawn~ another bill...

Asking a chemical company to put their Seal of Approval on one of their products is an oxymoron action if I ever heard one....

So how's the Agent Orange corn coming? You know the 2-D,4 Agent Orange?

And that nutritious cotton? Still waiting on your explanation on that....

Last edited by plwhit; 03-03-2012 at 03:13 AM..
 
Old 03-05-2012, 03:55 PM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,094 posts, read 23,818,620 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
Only in "Meriika" can the FDA get away with allowing "pink slime" and selling GMO's. We are so backward here. GMO's are detrimental to the health of humans and yes I know...there are people who will say otherwise. I say to them "you go eat that", but I have right to know if I am buying that "crap" because I do not want to eat it. Seedless grapes??? Give me a break. Seeless oranges being sold as "little peelers" or whatever nonsense because it is more convenient than taking out the seeds to feed your little child a non- GMO orange?? Monsanto is evil and a dollar takes precedence.

And since Mickey D's has dropped the ammonia hydroxide SLIME, the FDA has ordered 1.5 MILLION pounds to be distributed through SCHOOL LUNCHES..


YUMMY...

Healthy school lunch advocates have a bigger problem on their plates: a 7 million-pound order of connective tissue and beef scraps doused in ammonium, set to hit school lunch trays in coming months.


OOZE ALL ABOUT IT HERE
 
Old 03-05-2012, 04:02 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,376,698 times
Reputation: 7641
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And since Mickey D's has dropped the ammonia hydroxide SLIME, the FDA has ordered 1.5 MILLION pounds to be distributed through SCHOOL LUNCHES..


YUMMY...

Healthy school lunch advocates have a bigger problem on their plates: a 7 million-pound order of connective tissue and beef scraps doused in ammonium, set to hit school lunch trays in coming months.


OOZE ALL ABOUT IT HERE
~YAWN~ Another off-topic post....

The Daily, now there's a real unbiased source......

So how's the Agent Orange corn coming? You know the 2-D,4 Agent Orange?

And that nutritious cotton? Still waiting on your explanation on that....
 
Old 03-06-2012, 07:43 AM
 
26,198 posts, read 18,898,328 times
Reputation: 14041
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
And since Mickey D's has dropped the ammonia hydroxide SLIME, the FDA has ordered 1.5 MILLION pounds to be distributed through SCHOOL LUNCHES..


YUMMY...

Healthy school lunch advocates have a bigger problem on their plates: a 7 million-pound order of connective tissue and beef scraps doused in ammonium, set to hit school lunch trays in coming months.


OOZE ALL ABOUT IT HERE
what does processed meat have to do with GM crops?
 
Old 03-06-2012, 02:56 PM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,094 posts, read 23,818,620 times
Reputation: 7812
Cows eat GMOs? But cows are NOT corn eaters by nature...try to keep up with the team...
 
Old 03-06-2012, 04:22 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,376,698 times
Reputation: 7641
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Cows eat GMOs? But cows are NOT corn eaters by nature...try to keep up with the team...
Since cows are domesticated animals they eat what they are fed, and they are fed mostly corn, and over 73% of the corn grown in America is GM corn....

http://library.thinkquest.org/TQ0312380/cow.htm

Do cows on your world roam wild and eat whatever they please? Could you please post a picture of these wild cows that roam your planet?

TIA

Last edited by plwhit; 03-06-2012 at 04:53 PM..
 
Old 03-07-2012, 10:40 PM
 
26,198 posts, read 18,898,328 times
Reputation: 14041
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Cows eat GMOs? But cows are NOT corn eaters by nature...try to keep up with the team...
are only cows that eat GM corn made into 'pink slime'?
 
Old 03-08-2012, 07:42 AM
 
2,737 posts, read 4,319,116 times
Reputation: 1785
I am always amazed by how "enlightened" non-farm people think they are, about everything agricultural.

These are the same folks who were claiming that farmers are losing 9 inches of topsoil EVERY YEAR due to erosion.
 
Old 03-08-2012, 12:54 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 17,376,698 times
Reputation: 7641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
I am always amazed by how "enlightened" non-farm people think they are, about everything agricultural.

These are the same folks who were claiming that farmers are losing 9 inches of topsoil EVERY YEAR due to erosion.
Excellent off-topic post

Sources for your ludicrous statement on topsoil?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top